shifter

CRA Request for Identify Verification

I sent a dispute to EQ CMRRR. I got the green card that they received it on 9/25. It included a copy of the DL showing current address and included the SS# and report number in the letter.

They responded a couple of weeks later saying they couldn't validate identify and wanted a copy of the DL and a copy of the SS card. Seems kind of sketchy since I already included the DL (but not the SS card because I didn't have it handy at the time.) So I dug up the SS card and added a copy to the existing packet and mailed it back to them. I didn't have time to send it CMRRR, which I probably should have.

The question is does the request for more information extend their time to process? Do they get 30 days from the receipt of the second letter? Or can I leverage the fact that it's been 5 weeks from the receipt of the original dispute to get everything deleted?

it gives them more time and is a common delaying tactic but I'd try to push them anyway.

WTF, this is ridiculous.

after submitting the SS card and DL they sent back the same letter requesting the SS card and DL.

what recourse do I have to prevent them from continuing to do this?

I handle things a bit differently.  I'm very thorough and hate loose end and loopholes.

I will usually write a cmrrr letter to a bureau.  And when I do I always include a current copy of my DL, my social security card and a utility bill less than 30 days old.

I just come right out and say these enclosures so your corporation will not pull a delaying tactic by requesting more documents just to verify identity.  You scan these documents anyways so you have on file All my previous copies.

And then I address the dispute. In particular.

Thanks Marv. That's what I did this last time. Included the DL, SS card, original dispute letter and the response letter they sent me. 

What's to stop them from continuing to delay and not process the dispute even if I resubmit the same info yet again? 

I guess we all handle things a bit differently.   I was not nice,  I finally broke down and called.  (many many years ago)  It got really ugly and I am on permanent special handling with EQ, EX, and TU .

Please, I'm not advocating that, plus I had some inside information being a data subscriber myself.  My temper worked on the 5th time.   Never happened again.

EQ seems to be asking for verification from everyone for everything these days.  Might be some kind of residual fallout from their massive data breach two years ago.