Sign in to follow this  
DartGT

740Plus Credit

Hey all, 

I would like to reintroduce myself and say hello before I pose my questions.  I am recently divorced and have been left with defaulted credit cards that though have been in my name but used by the ex.  I take ownership of the situation but it's been a tough pill to swallow.  I know there is no such thing as quick credit repair but with my work schedule and busy life outside work I find it hard to put time aside to fight the credit battle.  Now that I have moved on from my bad marriage on to my new life I would love to be in a position where I could buy a new house but my credit says otherwise.   My scores have been floating around 580 even with many positive trade lines and they continue to drop.  I have been speaking with a gentleman named Dave from a company called 740Plus Credit and of all the places I have spoke they seem to be the most professional.  I really hate the idea of paying for a service but I feel like I am out of options.  Question 1:  Does anyone have any experience with this company?  I would attach the agreement he wrote up but I cant figure out how to attach it 

Question 2 would be:  What other options would a guy in my position consider?  I am a 45 year old professional who makes decent money but my life stands still because of my bad choices. 

I know this might be vague, I'll answer all questions that need answered but I ask please to give solid advice.

Thank you

Edited by CTSoxFan
Removed outbound link - not allowed

please don't use a CRO. the law limits what they can do. CROs mainly work at taking your money. In 90 days on your own there is nothing you can't do that you'd have to pay a CROs like that.

41 minutes ago, hegemony said:

please don't use a CRO. the law limits what they can do. CROs mainly work at taking your money. In 90 days on your own there is nothing you can't do that you'd have to pay a CROs like that.

Do you have any tips on achieving the same results?  How do I negotiate with the creditor to delete successfully?

As for the email address, once you become a client you get referred to the company email and phone contacts that better represent the company.  I can say to date, communication has been impressive with the inquiries I have had regarding the process.  As Area Man stated, the fees are plenty... Contacting them is an act of desperation...  My lease on my rental house ends in 5 months, I do not want to go back into it.   I want to buy a house.  For the first time in my life, I am in a position where I cannot purchase the things in life I want in my life, even though I make more money now than I ever have.

Here is a cut and paste copy of the contract he wrote up:  I have not signed anything and I yes the price tag is steep...  Convince to not sign

Important note from Dave Schram Best and fastest results will happen if you are fully cooperative with me and my staff. Please expect to spend 1-3 hours helping me help you the 1st month. It takes many calls & contacts to each of your creditors, collectors or the Consumer Reporting Agencies to solve your credit problems. It adds up to a lot of time per account. I thank you in advance for your cooperation with me. CONTENTS: Page 1 A Note from Dave Schram Page 2 State of California-required disclosure, must be signed, dated, returned Pages 3-7 Agreement in compliance with CA law, must be signed, dated, returned Page 8 Comment regarding cancellation of Agreement Page 9 Do not sign unless you intend to cancel, State of California-required disclosure INFORMATION STATEMENT “You have a right to obtain a copy of your credit report from a credit bureau. You may be charged a reasonable fee. There is no fee, however, if you have been turned down for credit, employment, insurance, or a rental dwelling because of information in your credit report within the preceding 60 days. The credit bureau must provide someone to help you interpret the information in your credit file. You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report if you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment in the next 60 days, if you are a recipient of public welfare assistance, or if you have reason to believe that there is inaccurate information in your credit report due to fraud. “You have a right to sue a credit repair organization that violates the Credit Repair Organization Act. This law prohibits deceptive practices by credit repair organizations. You have the right to sue a credit services organization if it misleads you. “You have the right to cancel your contract with any credit repair organization for any reason within 5 days from the date you signed it. “Credit bureaus are required to follow reasonable procedures to ensure that the information they report is accurate. However, mistakes may occur. You may, on your own, notify a credit bureau in writing that you dispute the accuracy of information in your credit file. The credit bureau must then reinvestigate and modify or remove inaccurate or incomplete information. The credit bureau may not charge any fee for this service. Any pertinent information and copies of all documents you have concerning an error should be given to the credit bureau. “If the credit bureau's reinvestigation does not resolve the dispute to your satisfaction, you may send a brief statement to the credit bureau, to be kept in your file, explaining why you think the record is inaccurate. The credit bureau must include a summary of your statement about disputed information with any report it issues about you. “The Federal Trade Commission regulates credit bureaus and credit repair organizations. For more information contact: The Public Reference Branch Federal Trade Commission Washington, D.C. 20580 “(b) Separate Statement Requirement.--The written statement required under this section shall be provided as a document which is separate from any written contract or other agreement between the credit repair organization and the consumer or any other written material provided to the consumer. “(c) Retention of Compliance Records.-- (1) In general.--The credit repair organization shall maintain a copy of the statement signed by the consumer acknowledging receipt of the statement. “(2) Maintenance for 2 years.--The copy of any consumer's statement shall be maintained in the organization's files for 2 years after the date on which the statement is signed by the consumer.” I/we have read both pages of the Information Statement: __________________________________________________ __________________ Signed Date __________________________________________________ __________________ Signed (if additional Customer) Date Required legal disclosure AGREEMENT Parties: This Agreement is between Offices of David L. Schram, Inc. also known as 740plus Credit Score Repair of 2901 Sycamore Avenue, La Crescenta, CA and (“Customer”). Agent for Service of Process is David Schram at the same address. "Accounts"—definition: Creditors, former creditors, collectors, debt buyers, etc. listed in Customer’s credit reports or attempting to collect money Contractor is to do best-effort, legally allowed work on the following “accounts” with the goals of best possible credit resolutions and if applicable maximum elimination of debts with NO up-front or monthly fees. "Accounts" by company name Flat fee if any, if blank - $0 $308 fee covers cash costs All-Bureau deletion success-only fee* Credit Service Inc 0 400 Credit One Bank 0 750 JPMCB Card Service 0 800 Kohls/CapOne 308 750 SYNCB/Amazon 0 1200 Portfolio Recovery 308 400 * Contractor earns $0.00 deletion success-only fees or up to the maximum quoted fees. If applicable this figure excludes debt elimination success fees, see below. Under New York law no fee may be collected in advance of performance of the services specified in this contract. Definitions of "Success"(all-Bureau credit deletions) at each "account" is when payment becomes due: Evidence of requested deletion intent, offer or request: A letter, fax, settlement offer, release, Universal Data Form or email indicating requested deletion will be or has been made or there is receipt of a deletion confirmation number or change to credit is generated by the "account" reporting on credit or a court judge orders no reporting. This is full "success" as then the Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs) are required by law to delete or change credit. Client understands that requests for deletion or change are not honored by the CRAs instantly or even within days or weeks in some cases. Contractor will help speed up actual deletion or change so long as Client fulfills the IDs request. "Stealth" deletion: The "account" does a "stealth delete" wherein the "account" will not generate a letter of deletion because of company policy but deletions do occur. In such case Contractor will "dispute" the account causing evidence of all-Bureau deletions to be mailed to Client. Contractor will assume deletion/s occurred and 30 days after the dispute letter is mailed will charge the success fee unless Client proves one or more Reporting Agencies did not in fact honor the deletion request and Contractor will take appropriate action to get the remaining CRA to delete. "Suppress" negative credit rather than "delete" The "account" agrees in via letter, fax, settlement, release, Universal Data Form (change-delete), email, or it occurs on credit reports to "suppress" negative credit information. "Suppress" is different than "delete" - the account remains reported with NO negative information reported. This is full "success" with regard to "accounts" as FICO scoring is usually even better than if a creditor's account was deleted. Should any Consumer Reporting Agency provably refuse to honor a legitimate deletion request or change request made by the "account" of Client then Contractor will refer Client to a FREE National Association of Consumer Advocates litigation attorney for suit against the offending Consumer Reporting Agency. Contractor refers to California litigators who, when they accept a case, work cases on contingency fee. The company sued pays the legal fees, not you. Debt elimination success fees: Only if applicable there is a debt settlement success fee for debts you do legally owe but didn't have to pay. Common debts: 25% of debt eliminated is the success fee to Contractor. If a suit is filed by a creditor (account) after the start of this agreement then the debt settlement success-only fee is 30% of debt eliminated. If there is a default judgment in place upon start if this agreement then the debt settlement success-only fee is 35% of debt eliminated. These success fees are due at the time of settlement payment or if debt is 100% eliminated in an offer to the Customer then the success fee is due immediately upon receipt of the offer. Federally guaranteed student loans only: Debt elimination success fees are the Bulk Debt Elimination Scale or the Lowered Payments Scale below: Bulk Debt Elimination: Up to $4,999.99 eliminated: 25%; $5,000 to 9,999.99 eliminated: the greater of $1250 or 20%; $10,000 or more: the greater of 2,000 or 15% but capped at 17,500 maximum fee. The Bulk Debt Elimination success fee is due when the contract is generated to the Customer showing "fees and interest" in a box on the upper-right of the contract form. This is debt which is eliminated at the end of the loan rehabilitation period and remains eliminated by contract so long as client does not breach the newly arranged repayment contract. Lowered Payments Scale: If lower payments are negotiated on an account currently being repaid then the success fee is as follows and is to be paid by ACH transfer: 60% of the payment reduction for thirty-six months, not capped. Contractor is to work directly with "accounts" on credit reports without using illegal disputes regarding reported bad credit. Contractor is to engage in lawful tactics to correct or get deleted credit-reported items. Contractor must speak or write only truths in all cases. Use of Contractor's time & expertise: Contractor is willing to spend a reasonable, limited amount of time answering Customer's questions for which Contractor is not compensated. Customer agrees to respect Contractor's time. Customer agrees to: 1. Respond to Contractor's emails & calls; Contractor has right to cancel this contract for Customer nonresponsiveness or non-cooperation. Contract cancellation does not cancel fees already earned. 2. Never tell Contractor a lie & work cooperatively with Contractor as a team 3. Be willing & able to settle or pay legally owed debts included in "accounts" in order to get credit results--even from most company's which "refuse" to delete. Customer must inform Contractor of debts "in dispute" which may result in a changed fee quote or Contractor's decline to work the "account". 4. Sign either an “authorization to discuss accounts” and/or an agreeable Limited Power of Attorney for Contractor to send to Customer’s “accounts” allowing Contractor to do his work. If requested to get the LPoA notarized. 5. Provide past addresses information, date of birth & full social security number, drivers license and proof of SSN if requested to help identify Customer’s “accounts” and locate the accounts of Customer. 6. Even if Customer wishes to pay by check/cash, place a credit/debit card on file unless none is owned. 7. If requested later, provide Contractor with identification documents. 8. Ask first before you do something with credit. 9. Purchase and maintain credit monitoring for the duration of the work if there's no mortgage lender involved. Customer understands that doing the smallest things with credit can have a negative effect on credit scores even if not logical or fair. EXAMPLES (there are many more examples): 1. Paying a credit card balance below 50% of limit may be a poor use of cash for increasing FICO scores. 2. Opening a new account without my suggestion can drop FICOs up to 60ish points for many months. 3. Closing an account without my suggestion can drop FICOs up to 120 points. NOTE: If applicable, if an “account” is moved from one collection agency to another collection agency by the Original Creditor then Contractor that creates a new “account” not listed above. Contractor will ensure the old collector requests deletion from credit reporting. Contractor is to locate the new collection agency if possible. or Client help may be needed. Customer may choose to hire (at added fee to be quoted) or not hire Contractor to work on the new collector's account. LEGAL ADVICE NOT ALLOWED: By signing this agreement I/we understand that David L. Schram is not an attorney-at-law and that Offices of David L. Schram, Inc. is not a law office. David Schram has not represented himself to me/us as a lawyer or attorney-at-law. I/we understand that David Schram MAY NOT: • Give legal opinions or advice • Interpret the meaning of any law • Advise anyone of their legal rights or their legal remedies* (* legal remedy - what a person could do to try to solve a legal problem) • Any legal forms provided to me/us are not a substitute for attorney advice I/we understand that if I/we ask David Schram for any of the above that he must refuse to answer but may be able to point me/us to legal information to read and can offer names and numbers of attorneys from whom I/we may obtain the legal advice for a fee. This portion of the agreement exists because of our experiences with people who refused to pay, bounced checks or back-charged credit/debit cards contrary to this Agreement. Non-payments, bounced checks, card back-charges: Payment is due when this Agreement says it is due with notice to Client. Any change to this agreement must be agreed-to in writing and signed/dated by both parties. Unpaid fees will go to a collection agency which reports to all three Consumer Reporting Agencies at 30 days after payment due date or when a check bounces or any card back-charge date. Lawsuit for judgment will be filed at 60 days. A collection fee does not apply to judgment principle. By contract there is a 43% collection fee assessed by Contractor to pay the collector. Interest is 18% simple interest per year pre-judgment and 10% post-judgment. Any person who writes a check which is dishonored (bounced) for lack of funds, a stop-payment order or due to a closed account can be held liable for a penalty equal to three times the amount of the check, plus the face value of the check. The minimum penalty is $100 and the maximum penalty is $1500 (See California Civil Code section 1719). If Client desires to cancel more than five days after signing this agreement but before results are obtained there is a $250 fee earned for each account we began any work on. In good faith work typically does start within 0-1 business days after signed agreement is received. Payment Authorization Form X New, first time charged Debit card recommended vs. credit for FICO score reasons Cardholder Name ________________________________________________________________________________ Contact Number, Day (_____________) ______________________________________________________________ Billing Address ________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________ City__________________________________________________________ State_________ ZIP_______________ Type ___VISA, ___MasterCard, NO AMEX OR DISCOVER Card number ____________________________________________________ CVV ___________ Expires ______________ Card will not be charged for fees beyond the Agreement without written or emailed permission. I authorize charges per this Agreement. Other agreed terms: Per Agreement I hereby acknowledge that I have authorized this charge to my card for payment(s) as indicated above and that the name which will appear on by statement is David Schram’s Consulting Service. When my financial institution honors such charge(s), this shall constitute my receipt for payment. I may not back-charge this account for any reason. Cardholder Signature _________________________________________________________ Printed Name _________________________________________________________ Date Signed _________________________________________________________ You, the buyer, may cancel this contract at any time prior to midnight of the 5th day after the date of the transaction. See the attached notice of cancellation form for an explanation of this right. Signature/Customer: ___________________________________ ________________________ Signature Date By any Co-Customer: ___________________________________ ________________________ Signature Date By Contractor: Agreed in advance, no date required. I reserve right to refuse an agreement for any reason and if I do, any initial dollars received will be returned within a day or two or not charged to debit/credit. (Signature) SEE LEGAL DISCLOSURE BELOW Black ink, big & clear print please Signature and payment page for my Agreement with David L. Schram, Offices of David L. Schram, Inc. INFORMATION STATEMENT continued I accepted your case because I believe we have a very good likelihood of superior success based on the work I will do for you. FEES: 1. Your exact quoted flat fee is $616. 2. If we are working only one account then your deletion success-only fee could be $0.00 or the maximum possible. If we are working more than one account your deletions success-only fee could be $0.00 or in-between or up to your MAXIMUM POSSIBLE deletion success only fees of $4300. 3. If we are negotiating on debts for you there are debt elimination success fees. See the Agreement regarding debt elimination success fees if applicable to you. Debt settlement and collection accounts: I use exceedingly advanced knowledge which the national debt settlement companies and debt settlement lawyers do NOT have. I have rare or unique contacts in high management positions and legal departments at a great many companies. I negotiate discounts from debt. Creditors are not required to offer any discounts but usually do, however medical collectors are different than other debts. My long experience and upper management or other connections at certain companies to get best possible outcome as regards reported credit. Length of time to final resolution: up to 3 years depending on your financial ability to save to settle debts. NOTE: A lawful debt that is deleted from credit is still a lawful debt and may be collected on or sued over if still possible by law. This is why I settle debts and encourage you to allow me to settle your debts. Credit disputing: We do not dispute accurate items on credit reports. We will only dispute items which are inaccurate, incomplete, obsolete, in-error, are in conflict Reporting Agency to Reporting Agency or which contain unlawful reporting. Per our legal counsel it is illegal to attempt to get bankruptcy off credit and we refuse to try. Length of time to finish my work: 2 to 360 days Payment of fees: California law allows collection of fees after each piece of work or valuable service is completed. Approved non-profit credit counseling organizations may be found state by state at http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/cc_approved.htm If you ever become unhappy I would appreciate you addressing it with me. Humans of good will can work things out. We maintain a surety bond at the California Secretary of State. You may proceed against our bond. Hudson Insurance Company, 1064 Greenwood Blvd. Ste 300, Lake Mary, FL 32746 Toll Free: (888) 400-5505 Bond number 10039618 Consumer Credit File Rights Under State and Federal Law “You have a right to dispute inaccurate information in your credit report by contacting the credit bureau directly. However, neither you nor any ‘credit repair’ company or credit repair organization has the right to have accurate, current, and verifiable information removed from your credit report. The credit bureau must remove accurate, negative information from your report only if it is over 7 years old. Bankruptcy information can be reported for 10 years.” (Consumer Credit Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act) Required legal disclosure DON'T si

Edited by CTSoxFan
Removed posters personal info

Contact a lender and they will tell u of reputable credit repair companies. I found one here in Oklahoma that is affordable and who has removed so many things. I am at 640/650 now and will be at 700 by February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, beachdreaming777 said:

Contact a lender and they will tell u of reputable credit repair companies. I found one here in Oklahoma that is affordable and who has removed so many things. I am at 640/650 now and will be at 700 by February.

I've tried that without much luck... Oddly, I had one mortgage broker refer the same company to me.  It was the only reference given to me.  I used to live in Oklahoma just moved out last January, dont know what I was thinking lol.   Now Im stuck here in California.  

I can give u the company I use. They operate in multiple states. Maybe they can help u. They are great. I only pay $200 a month for both my wife and I.

nobody is going to care as much about your credit than you.

and this is a deal killer

Be willing & able to settle or pay legally owed debts included in "accounts" in order to get credit results--even from most company's which "refuse" to delete. Customer must inform Contractor of debts "in dispute" which may result in a changed fee quote or Contractor's decline to work the "account"

companies not company's

and this is just LOL

up to your MAXIMUM POSSIBLE deletion success only fees of $4300.

Edited by hegemony

also, it looks like your name in is the long post. you may want to ask a mod to delete that.

and the guy has some balls for charging for this

"Stealth" deletion: The "account" does a "stealth delete" wherein the "account" will not generate a letter of deletion because of company policy but deletions do occur. In such case Contractor will "dispute" the account causing evidence of all-Bureau deletions to be mailed to Client. Contractor will assume deletion/s occurred and 30 days after the dispute letter is mailed will charge the success fee unless Client proves one or more Reporting Agencies did not in fact honor the deletion request and Contractor will take appropriate action to get the remaining CRA to delete."

so unless you stay on top of what he is doing, he'll charge you even if a CRA doesn't delete something he has disputed.

So I came here many years ago when my credit was awful from going through what was supposed to be an unwinnable case of cancer. I read everything I could, which was far less than available now. I would never give my credit over to a credit repair company. It takes awhile to get the hang of it all, but then you learn how to keep your credit sound because you worked so hard to get it there. Trust me in the beginning it will be frustrating. Just when you thought something was taken off, it reports again (cough Crapital one). My scores are now in the mid 800 and I make sure I don't miss a payment. Sorry so long. If Hegemony says it, you can take it to the bank.

Thank you for the responses... Maybe I will give it a go before i contract someone to do it for me.   I just wish I had a paralegal staff to write my letters lol.

There is a newbie section, that has tons of information. There are also sample letters for helping with your credit. I haven't been in forever, but I used the letters verbatim. 

5 hours ago, hegemony said:

nobody is going to care as much about your credit than you.

This...x100000000

run from these rip off artists, read the newbies section and info on this site, then ask questions.  You’ll be thankful you did.

As others noted, most of the CRO's out there are only good at separating you from funds that are likely limited (where they are available to begin with).  There is NOTHING that they are doing that you cannot accomplish on your own using materials available on this site or through a good reading of the laws for your jurisdiction. 

Most of those outfits basically screw up what remained of any good credit you had.  Essentially, they have you stop paying and then try to force a settlement.  This hurts you far more than it helps. 

16 hours ago, DartGT said:

Thank you for the responses... Maybe I will give it a go before i contract someone to do it for me.   I just wish I had a paralegal staff to write my letters lol.

from looking at some of your old posts it seems you have done this work before so get at it!