Sign in to follow this  
Carlg1964

Lets think this through...

Thinking and reasoning more effectively would dictate that as a society based on Life and Liberty not the swamp of profit and greed, we should first restore the job market and thus restore a good, strong quality of American Life and Liberty, then worry about any debts that may or may not be owed!  Anything other than this is wrong and not worthy of the higher ideas of Life, Liberty, Freedom and Justice for all!  There is an old country term that goes like this... Don't put the horse before the kart.  The kart being jobs / career building jobs for professionally educated Americans, and the horse being the repair credit score systems.  Millions of Americans are suffering unemployed or working and living extremely under-employed and all I see is commercials and adds focused on repairing bad credit but I do not see any similar adds guiding Americans to the jobs they so desperately need to be able to live and be able to repair bad credit scores!

Watch out how you approach this topic on this forum please.   Welcome to Credit Boards.

I guess I must have been hallucinating when I see those ads for the various job-search sites, to say nothing of the various educational programs designed precisely to assist with obtaining skills. 

Job seeking is NOT a fill-in-the-blank endeavor where things are just handed out. 

Oh, and those 'bad credit' ads you reference...they tend to be filled with the worst possible guidance that could be offered to the credit-impaired. 

To the mods...given that this was a first-post wonder that borders on seeing just how far outside the lines one can color, it may be best to just lock this one up now...

not everyone gets a jerb but that should not stop them from working on their own credit. someday soon I will no longer have a jerb. is that my kart or my horse?

Edited by hegemony

So you don't agree with what I am saying!?  Please explain.  Should we not logically first repair and restore the job market after 20+ years of job outsourcing that has ruined and destroyed millions of American lives and careers, then turn our attention to debt collection and repairing credit scores!?

How does it make any good sense whatsoever to expect any American who is living far below the poverty line to be able to do anything with a bad credit score or even put repairing a bad credit score before getting good strong American jobs out there!?

If we put 1/10th of the energy, time and money that we put into all these credit score adds and debt collection agencies into restoring the job market and connecting Americans with the jobs badly needed, most of the debt problem would go away!  So why are we not doing so!?  I'm talking simple logical good sense here!

debt collectors have jerbs.

unemployment, I'm told, is at lifetime lows. seems there are plenty of jerbs

Sure are!... lots and lots of low wage dead end jobs for professionally educated Americans!  Yes, why you can go work at Mac Donald's or how about Walmart or maybe even Taco Bell or as a telemarketer!  Yes!  I have many professionally educated friends including myself with degrees... and we get to work in these jobs!  So your right!  There are so many jobs!  Isn't it great to live far below the poverty line in America at one of these jobs and being allowed to watch your American career go right down the proverbial toilet... FLUSH!?

Those outsourced jobs to which you refer are not coming back. They’re simply not. Some of that manufacturing is returning to the U.S., but most of the production will be automated. Soon robotic trucks will displace even more jobs — the last high-paying jobs for unskilled labor.

The rise of artificial/machine intelligence and automation is going to be very disruptive to the economy and the job market. We need to accept that and plan for it instead of vainly trying to turn the clock back 60 years to the 1950s. 

it’s time to start having serious, constructive discussions about 30-hour work weeks and basic assistance. 

The large font and bold lettering makes me feel like I’m being yelled at. 
I just wanted to say that before this thread gets locked for being political. 
Also, it’s a cart, not kart. Unless we’re playing Mario. Or go-kart racing. I’m down for either. 

Edited by DPB

27 minutes ago, DPB said:

The large font and bold lettering makes me feel like I’m being yelled at. 
I just wanted to say that before this thread gets locked for being political. 
Also, it’s a cart, not kart. Unless we’re playing Mario. Or go-kart racing. I’m down for either. 

Dr Ron Vara also using bold 14 pt font

Isn't the saying don't put the cart before the horse? I'm pretty sure the horse pulling the cart is how it's supposed to work... 

You're not entirely wrong that good credit is a distant thought to someone just trying to put food on the table and stay off the street. And the increase in poverty and inability to earn a living wage in the lower class is a critical issue. But outsourced jobs is a red herring. 

8 hours ago, Carlg1964 said:

So you don't agree with what I am saying!?  Please explain.  Should we not logically first repair and restore the job market after 20+ years of job outsourcing that has ruined and destroyed millions of American lives and careers, then turn our attention to debt collection and repairing credit scores!?

How does it make any good sense whatsoever to expect any American who is living far below the poverty line to be able to do anything with a bad credit score or even put repairing a bad credit score before getting good strong American jobs out there!?

If we put 1/10th of the energy, time and money that we put into all these credit score adds and debt collection agencies into restoring the job market and connecting Americans with the jobs badly needed, most of the debt problem would go away!  So why are we not doing so!?  I'm talking simple logical good sense here!

Knowledge for the time means that people who can recognize the trend of the times, smart and capable. In order to become outstanding figures, the person who knows the time is the one who changes the machine. The meaning is that it can correctly understand the law of actual operation, conform to the law, respect the law, and the thoughts and words and deeds conform to the law, and play a role and convey value in the real environment.

There is a pair of words that are described as follows: the situation is broken, the situation is broken. It means knowing things and finding the key to controlling things so that you can mobilize related resources to accomplish your goals. If you don't understand a thing, then you can't hold it, you can only let it go. But if you understand, your words and deeds will resonate with the consensus because they are initiated to the point, you will get a lot of support, people will support you and do things together. That is how I look at it,  just my 2 cents.

10 hours ago, Carlg1964 said:

Credit scores don't consider current income or employment status, but rather previous behavior with other credit obligations.

What you seem to be advocating is not allowing bad debt to be collected or late payments/charge-offs to be reported if someone is poor and/or unemployed. 

This would pretty much dry up access to reasonably-priced credit for low-income people, and not just those who failed to honor previous contractual agreements with other creditors.  And it would do this regardless of my choice of font.

I'm not sure what restoring the job market means? Smoke belching manufacturing plants are not coming back. 

It seems like the key to not be mired in debt is simple- Get an education or learn a skill. Don't get married until you have a stable job. Don't have kids until you have achieved the 2 above.

None of that means there won't be problems in life- medical bills, divorce or a failed business can sneak up on you at any time. If you have job skills or a trade to fall back on it's a lot easier to rebuild. There is a lot of success stories on this site of people that have recovered from an adverse situation and are doing fine now.

15 hours ago, hegemony said:

not everyone gets a jerb but that should not stop them from working on their own credit. someday soon I will no longer have a jerb. is that my kart or my horse?

artworks-000183051798-otisku-t500x500.jp

13 hours ago, Carlg1964 said:

Sure are!... lots and lots of low wage dead end jobs for professionally educated Americans!  Yes, why you can go work at Mac Donald's or how about Walmart or maybe even Taco Bell or as a telemarketer!  Yes!  I have many professionally educated friends including myself with degrees... and we get to work in these jobs!  So your right!  There are so many jobs!  Isn't it great to live far below the poverty line in America at one of these jobs and being allowed to watch your American career go right down the proverbial toilet... FLUSH!?

But guess what...those persons are STILL working.  It may not be their ideal choice, but it IS a means of income. 

But ALSO guess what...those below the poverty line are likely not the ones who are spending a lot of time worrying about a few points on a particular Fair Isaac model.  So, all in all...you have shown up out of the blue here to basically tap dance into the realm politic.  In case you missed that big banner at the top of the page, such is not going to be tolerated on these boards.  There are plenty of forums out there NOT named CreditBoards where you can rant to your apparently unemployed heart's content...

On 10/28/2019 at 9:27 PM, Carlg1964 said:

Yes, why you can go work at Mac Donald's or how about Walmart or maybe even Taco Bell or as a telemarketer!

And if you're really pathetic, you can become a debt collector!!