Sign in to follow this  
hangloose

An update about getting address deleted from TransUnion

I printed off my credit report and was able to get my previous address tied to all my baddies deleted successfully. 

I called TransUnion dispute directly and the whole process took 10 minutes. The lady deleted my old address that was associated with all my negative accounts. I didn’t have to send in any documents verifying my new current address. 

Also deleted an erroneous previous employer and correct current employer (to help prevent soft pulls from seeing current employer, keeping my collection score lower)

Step one done! Now going to dispute the baddies by mail. I tried to get her to delete some old accounts but she said we could only dispute, which I didn’t want to do over the phone. 

Okay another update: I called Equifax and they wouldn't outright delete the previous address tied to the baddies, but they put in a dispute.. I'll have to wait and see about that one.

I just got off the phone with Experian for the same thing, at first the guy said he couldn't delete my previous address as it was tied to my baddies, but I told him that I had already sent letters to them all but they hadn't responded in over a month, so I asked again if we could just delete it, and he said yes! So he deleted it and said I should see it reflected in 24 hours.

I'll post more updates as I get new info.

Thanks for the information.   I moved this thread to the main credit forum for the most views.   Please post your updates here in this thread.

Guess what....!? Got address tied to baddies deleted by the three major CRA's!!! Equifax, Experian and TransUnion! I left my old addresses since there's nothing attached to them (although I may get those deleted in the future)

Although I've read that I should now start disputing CO's and negative information, I'd appreciate any insight and advice... I've been reading as many relevant topics and posts (to the tune of 5-6 hours nightly for the past 2 weeks straight) and it's just a lot of information to take in... Thank you very much in advance

what is derogatory about the tradelines you expect to dispute? are any of them unpaid and within SOL?>

Charge off's, within SOL...

I called TransUnion again today since they were the easiest to deal with before and got ALL old addresses deleted, and old employers deleted as well.

So all that's on my TU personal info is name, date of birth, and my phone number. (my current employer either hasn't added or been added and I aim to keep it that way)

On a side note, I reviewed my credit reports more thoroughly and found a single soft pull/inquiry from:
FIRSTSOURCE ADVANTAGE LLC on 9/28/2019

MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT on 7/29/2019

My other transcripts don't show any soft inquiries from anyone else, I pulled all CR's on 10/27/2019

I've read that I should DV them directly, as a soft pull is considered communication, and they never sent me anything (let alone within 5 days like they were supposed to), correct?

EDIT: I've just read this isn't true anymore.

Edited by hangloose

what is derogatory about the tradelines you expect to dispute? are any of them unpaid and within SOL?>
Give hegemony some ammo. Need more than generalities to develop a good plan for you.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Cap1 CO last updated 9/19/19

Chase CO last update 5/15/19

Another Chase CO last update 5/15/19

NFCU CO last update 9/30/19

Another NFCU CO last update 8/31/19

All of these above the last payment was over a year ago

USAA CO last update 9/25/19 ---- Last payment made 7/29/2013 (so this one is out of SOL)

Edited by hangloose

There is nothing more frustrating than people asking for assistance and then providing the information in dribs and drabs.  Date of last update does not give anyone information to work with. 

What Hege is asking for (as well as anyone else coming along) is the essential data that includes WHO the lender was, WHEN it went delinquent, WHAT the balances are, HOW something is reporting and WHAT communications you have either received or sent in relation to a particular matter.  Being out of SOL for litigation is not something that precludes reporting but the dates are STILL essential for these discussions.  

You referenced a few soft pulls which, although not really a dispute item in and of themselves, give MORE than enough ammunition for someone that is really trying to be proactive.  A WELL-WRITTEN letter could very well serve to keep the reporting from populating onto the report in a manner that went beyond the soft pull.  And by WELL-WRITTEN, I mean something that is SPECIFIC to YOUR situation, NOT a cut and paste letter sourced from the interwebs...

15 minutes ago, centex said:

There is nothing more frustrating than people asking for assistance and then providing the information in dribs and drabs.  Date of last update does not give anyone information to work with. 

What Hege is asking for (as well as anyone else coming along) is the essential data that includes WHO the lender was, WHEN it went delinquent, WHAT the balances are, HOW something is reporting and WHAT communications you have either received or sent in relation to a particular matter.  Being out of SOL for litigation is not something that precludes reporting but the dates are STILL essential for these discussions.  

You referenced a few soft pulls which, although not really a dispute item in and of themselves, give MORE than enough ammunition for someone that is really trying to be proactive.  A WELL-WRITTEN letter could very well serve to keep the reporting from populating onto the report in a manner that went beyond the soft pull.  And by WELL-WRITTEN, I mean something that is SPECIFIC to YOUR situation, NOT a cut and paste letter sourced from the interwebs...

Such a gentle touch.

41 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Such a gentle touch.

meh.  I don't get paid to hand-hold...and bedside manner was never in the curriculum LOL! 

Thank you @centex, I am still learning but I appreciate your efforts assisting. Here is the info. If I am missing something please let me know

Cap1 CO - $~450, Last payment: Sept 2018 last updated 9/19/19, no communication 

Chase CO - ~ $3100, last payment: Jul 2018 last update 5/15/19, two months ago Client Services Inc, the CA offered roughly 50% off

Another Chase CO - ~ $3600, last payment Jul 2018 last update 5/15/19, two months ago Client Services Inc, the current CA, offered roughly 50% off

NFCU CO - ~$16,500, last payment Dec 2018, last update 9/30/19, three months ago NFCU sent letter with settlement offer of ~$6500

Another NFCU CO -~$4,800, last payment Dec 2018, last update 8/31/19, was previously a car loan but they sent me title by accident, so auto loan became unsecured personal loan (their words) sold car ~2 years ago. No communication nor settlement offer. 

Edited by hangloose

are you looking at paper copies of your reports to determine the DOFD? As you've probably read, be careful with CO within the SOL. "don't poke the bear" is one perspective. Are you in a position to pay significant amounts to "settle?"

Hello @hegemony (great username btw), the dates are directly from my report from annualcreditreport.com in PDF format, 15 pages long.

I have read a lot about not "poking the bear" as well as being full-out on the offensive (namely from the member RocketGoBoom, among others). I am not in a position to pay significant amounts to settle but I do have a few thousand saved up... I'm currently living in a transitional housing program for homeless veterans and have been hoarding all the money I make from my part-time job

on the reports, for each tradeline you should be able to see the date the item first went delinquent. that is the key date (not last payment or last update).

there is a good chance you may be sued. that is not the worse thing in the world but it is a PITA and if you can avoid it you should try.

Another option for you may be BK depending on your overall financial position. Not only does BK help eliminate the stress of the debts, it provides you with key legal protections. You can consider talking to a couple of BK attorneys (consults should be free) as they will know more about the specifics for your jurisdiction.

This is the copy and pasted info from the report, the first 30 date late notice was on the 8/2018 block. There doesn't seem to be anything else to see, this is for each TL on the transunion report

JPMCB CARD SERVICES #XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Date Opened: 01/10/2017
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Revolving Account
Loan Type: CREDIT CARD
Date Updated: 05/15/2019
Last Payment Made: 07/14/2018
Original ChargeOff: $3,157
Pay Status: >Charged Off<
Terms: Paid Monthly
Date Closed: 09/17/2018
>Maximum Delinquency of 120 days in 11/2018 for
$384 and in 01/2019 for $633<
Credit Limit: Credit limit of $3,000 from 04/2017 to 02/2019; $3,000 from 04/2019 to 05/2019
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 07/2025

Edited by hangloose

Okay, received my first collection agency letter, from Midland Credit Management. A quick search of my local county courthouse confirms they do a lot of lawsuits in my area. 

it has all the standard info but there is something that I’m curious about. On “Last Payment Date” it says “No Payment on Record”

Is this referring to the OC or them, MCM?

I intend to follow the guides and send DV out immediately 

DVing a sue happy CA within SOL is a good way to get yourself insta-sued. I know from experience. They won't even bother to respond to your DV until after you're served.