atrocity

Questions before Starting Whychat Method

Hello all, new member here who has been reading through the stickies and comments for the past couple of weeks and finally decided to make an account.

I was given medical services on 11/18 for two balances of $823 and $145 from the same ER. These balances went into collections on 4/19 and the $823 balance was reported to the big 3 CRA's and and the $145 was reported to only EQ. The CA's are different for the two amounts. I was currently living at my old address when I visited the ER and never answer my phone to any numbers I don't recognize so I never received any voicemails, letters, or emails from the CA's which means I never admitted to any of the debt. Their letter may have been lost in the mail when I moved.

My Transunion credit report is showing the $823 CA pulling a hard credit inquiry on me but is not listed as a derogatory mark on my credit but is till coming up as a collections, is this normal?

I was reading through the whychat method for removing these as I plan on purchasing a home on 1/20. My questions are:

-Is the sole purpose for "opting out" for preventing my data from being sold?

-What is the purpose of removing old addresses? 

-If I did indeed sign a HIPAA release form, at the ER, does this null and void this whole process?

-With my scenario, can I go through this process through each CRA's online portal? I am reading mixed opinions on this.

Thanks in advanced!

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, :angel:breeze:angel: & MarvBear

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

The purpose of opting out is to help prevent your data from being sold by the CRAs. This prevents data miners from accessing your credit information and reselling it to either JDBs (junk debt buyers) or CAs who do automated "poisoning" of credit reports when someone is in the mortgage financing process.The purpose of removing old addresses is to block the automated computer data matching when you dispute an account.

If you do NOT follow the guides and attempt to do things on line, or by phone you risk having your disputes handled automatically by an offshore programmer CSR. Using snail mail forces the CRAs to have a live human being read your dispute.

It is BECAUSE of your signed HIPAA release that you can use this program. IF the CA reporting obtained your account directly from the OC it means they are a business associate and the account is valid. If a CA obtained the account data any other way they would NOT  have your release as it is NOT transferable to a 3rd party.

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

The guide is a step by step program for eliminating medical collection accounts from your reports, either by dispute or by paying the OC (original health care provider) a valid payment and bypassing the reporting CA and preventing a paid account from being reported as a paid collection. A paid collection hurts your score as much, if not more, than an unpaid one as it would still be derogatory but would have a more recent date.

Send the CRAs where this OR ANY medical account is reporting this;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Meanwhile get your EOMBs (explanation of medical benefits) from your insurance Co for those dates and see what was charged, what was allowed, what was paid and how much (if any ) was left as your responsibility.

If your initial dispute letter to the CRAs results in a response from the reporting CA with RECENT documentation from the OC that matches your EOMB records, you can then pay the OC directly with the HIPAA letter insert "a".

Whatever the responses, or whatever the results of your getting your EOMBs there are pathways with clear directions to get the account deleted from your reports.

You will be able to get personalized step by step instructions on THIS thread. 

Edited by Why Chat

I wanted to follow up as I had some success and some questions. These are the exact steps I took:

1) I opted out

2) I deleted old address from the 3 CRA's

3) I disputed ONLINE with Transunion as a test with condensed version of the INITIAL HIPAA DISPUTE LETTER and my reasoning as "Not mine or No knowledge of account"I say condensed as each CRA only allows 210 characters or less under the comments section. 

- Transunion deleted the account in 5 days. With this success, I decided to continue with the remaining two online

4) I duplicated step 3, identically, with both Experian and Equifax.

- Experian got back to me within 4 days and reported the account as unchanged but lists the OC Hospital name and has this statement "Account information disputed by consumer (Meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act)". Is this account now verified? If not how exactly do I know if an account is verified? I have not received anything in the mail from Experian or the CA.

- I am still waiting to hear back from Equifax, they have until 12/3/19

What are my next moves for Experian? Should I dispute by snail mail with handwritten letter with full Initial HIPPA Dispute Letter? I just think its bizarre TU deleted it and EQ is still investigating.

Thanks in advance!

An update, EQ just emailed me and are saying the 2 accounts are verified but only list the OC and amount. It's weird that TU deleted within a week and both EX and EQ did not delete?

I plan on going the snail mail route, should I start with the  HIPPA Dispute Letter or send the Follow UP Letter? 

The essence of the HIPAA LETTER system is to avoid the automated computer generated responses from an on line or telephone dispute.

Since you have apparently chosen to do things your own way instead of following the program all I can tell you is to wait 90 days until your on line disputes have cleared the automated systems and THEN after following ALL the initial steps you can try sending the HIPAA dispute letter SNAIL MAIL to the CRAs where the account is still showing. Do not be surprised if TU reinserts the account as their automated procedure is to TEMPORARILY remove a disputed account while they are verifying it.

On 11/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, Why Chat said:

The essence of the HIPAA LETTER system is to avoid the automated computer generated responses from an on line or telephone dispute.

Since you have apparently chosen to do things your own way instead of following the program all I can tell you is to wait 90 days until your on line disputes have cleared the automated systems and THEN after following ALL the initial steps you can try sending the HIPAA dispute letter SNAIL MAIL to the CRAs where the account is still showing. Do not be surprised if TU reinserts the account as their automated procedure is to TEMPORARILY remove a disputed account while they are verifying it.

Yes, I understand it was out of pure convenience and laziness on my part which I regret. If its been over 30 days since the TU removed the reporting account, is it gone for good? 

Send the medical DV to the CA(s) reporting to any CRAs where you have already disputed and they have NOT deleted.

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

send the follow up dispute to THOSE CRAs

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

Make sure you follow the mailing instructions here;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

TU may or may not reinsert the deleted account. Unless you have received a RESPONSE from TU that you can refer to you have no proof of actual deletion. DO NOT include TU in your medical DVs or follow up disputes.