Sign in to follow this  
xdfgf

Decent CU/small bank cards/LOC Products

So I feel I can say that I'm well past the rebuilding stage and into establishing a foundation for my credit in the  future. I'm in with all major banks other than BoA and Chase, and have a solid relationship with AmEx and a few smaller banks (US Bank, USAA, BBT). When I initially joined this site and started apping like mad I joined a ton of CU and burned most of them. NFCU, NASA, FirstTech, Patelco, CCU are all out of the running. I've joined PenFed, UNFCU, SDFCU, and I'm looking for others that have worthwhile products. 

I know many here are not fond of lenders that aren't the big 5, but are there any diamond products in the rough? Any travel cards that seem to stand out? Cashback cards that are great?

This is the only one that comes to mind.

https://vantagewest.org/personal/credit-cards/connect-rewards-visa/

Alliant has a 3% card that works for some, but (for our needs) it turns Full Fecal when the AF kicks in.

Generally CU cards are the absolute bottom of the barrel unless you are looking for low APR.  Please don't carry balances.

Edited by cv91915

I've only carried a balance when at 0% and its always less than 10% utilization. I don't spend beyond my means anymore like I did 10 years ago (which was fueled primarily by drug addiction), I recently bought my girlfriend a christmas present, and spread it around on a few 0%, but it will be paid off by christmas. 

APR honestly does not effect my decision for a card, a 0% offer might catch my eye, but I want to see more than just that. I don't want an excuse to spend money on junk...

This is the only one that comes to mind.

https://vantagewest.org/personal/credit-cards/connect-rewards-visa/

Alliant has a 3% card that works for some, but (for our needs) it turns Full Fecal when the AF kicks in.

Generally CU cards are the absolute bottom of the barrel unless you are looking for low APR.  Please don't carry balances.

However I just got a *plat visa* from NFCU for BT $25k line. In addition to another two cr lines totaling $30k which I rarely use.
No annual fee, no transfer fee, no interest for 12 mos, nominal monthly payments, then 7.99% if I am dumb enough not to pay off, using under 30% for renovation of deck and roof (only 25% of total cost, $10k of $40k). It was the sweetest deal I found and I will pay it off in full prior to year end. I have historically kept MMA’s and balances but they are long gone with restoration work. They pulled TU which is about 815, no lates, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk