Sign in to follow this  
Sidewinder

Approved for Target (Samsung?) financing

See, I have been in need of a new cell phone for a while now, and I remember the Sunday ad circular from Target used to trumpet these deals where you get an $200 gift card for buying phone & activating a new line.  So I was waiting around for that, see, and saw it was finally on offer this past week - applicable, anyway, to the Galaxy S10+ on Verizon, and 0% financing for 24 months "for well qualified guests."

Well my credit score has been damaged lately by high utilization so I was nervous - but nope.  Got me my Galaxy S10+, got me my $200 gift card, I think most valuable of all - got meself free from the masses of Jobs's minions.

(iPhone is total magnus crappicus, see, so I am delighted to be back on Android; even if it means I have to shell out another $90 for a new HDMI adapter  : /  )

However, I learned that the store # of the Target in Chaska is #1352 and I question whether I approve of that or not.

7 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

See, I have been in need of a new cell phone for a while now, and I remember the Sunday ad circular from Target used to trumpet these deals where you get an $200 gift card for buying phone & activating a new line.  So I was waiting around for that, see, and saw it was finally on offer this past week - applicable, anyway, to the Galaxy S10+ on Verizon, and 0% financing for 24 months "for well qualified guests."

Well my credit score has been damaged lately by high utilization so I was nervous - but nope.  Got me my Galaxy S10+, got me my $200 gift card, I think most valuable of all - got meself free from the masses of Jobs's minions.

(iPhone is total magnus crappicus, see, so I am delighted to be back on Android; even if it means I have to shell out another $90 for a new HDMI adapter  : /  )

However, I learned that the store # of the Target in Chaska is #1352 and I question whether I approve of that or not.

Congratulations!

Target is underwritten by TurD Bank and they are a real pain to deal with.  They don't like new accounts, inquiries ... or anything.

But they seem to be in the giving mood lately.  Bored out of my tree with an itchy trigger finger, DW and I applied for a RedCard and actually got instant approval.  For some strange reason they didn't care that we each have about 20 inquiries and about 15 new accounts in the past year or two.  

What are the payments?  Is this financed directly through Verizon?  The deal directly from Verizon offers a $200 prepaid Mastercard if you get a new line.  24 payments of $41.66 (total $999).  Also $550 or $300 trade-in on certain phones (click the link on the top right of the page above the picture of the phone).

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus/?sku=sku3340218