Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Synchrony/LVNV Help?

Is arbitration the best way to tackle syncrony/lvnv? I asked about this awhile back, but was looking to see if this is still the case. 

Wife has a card was with syncrony sent to LVNV for about $1002, wanted to tackle this as we are about to buy her a vehicle. 

Thanks for all the help!

Best way to tackle is always making sure to wrap up...and don't lead with the crown of the helmet...targeting is getting reviewed so often now ;)

But seriously...more information is needed, to include the age of the matter and what communications have been received thus far.  Also of import is what has been sent by you to the other entities...

LVNV is part of the Sherman Group, which owns Credit One Bank. Synchrony has arbitration, and yes, it will cost LVNV a lot more than they could recover. Considering they paid maybe $30 for the account, they will not pay the $4800 in startup fees for arbitration.  File BEFORE they sue you and avoid the hassle of court.

Edited by legaleagle2012
details

On 10/17/2019 at 6:58 AM, legaleagle2012 said:

LVNV is part of the Sherman Group, which owns Credit One Bank. Synchrony has arbitration, and yes, it will cost LVNV a lot more than they could recover. Considering they paid maybe $30 for the account, they will not pay the $4800 in startup fees for arbitration.  File BEFORE they sue you and avoid the hassle of court.

Hi LE,

I know you’ve been helping me a ton with this and I really appreciate it. Quick question, I filled out the “Demand for Arbitration” consumer paperwork from adr.org

On the last page it says to send a copy of “A clear, legible copy of the contract containing the parties’ agreement to arbitrate dispute”

If it is my decision to go this route via the information I’ve found on this board, is this something I won’t be sending? It’s also asking for a copy of the court order, which we haven’t received since we’re trying to do this before being sued. 

any more advice would be very appreciated. 

On 10/22/2019 at 7:35 AM, legaleagle2012 said:

You have to provide the Synchrony agreement with an arb clause to adr.org before they will proceed. As for a court order, make them aware that there is no lawsuit.

Okay so I can just print off that portion of the contract agreement? 

18 hours ago, legaleagle2012 said:

No, you have to print out the entire agreement or save it as a pdf file and upload it if they allow that, I printed mine out and mailed it when I dealt with them.

Got it. I know they allow this to be submitted online but you recommend mailing for proof of delivery right? Thanks again. 

Hopefully my last question. In the “Business” section, do I put Credit One/LVNV/or Resurgent?

thank you. 

Consumer_Demand_for_Arbitration_Form_1.p

On 10/27/2019 at 6:31 AM, legaleagle2012 said:

Print out a couple of copies and mail them one if you like. AAA will contact them anyway. I would put LVNV, it's a separate legal entity.

Thank you, last one, what wording do I put in the first section "Briefly explain the Dispute"? 

I don't want to put the wrong thing. 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, Jasso20 said:

Thank you, last one, what wording do I put in the first section "Briefly explain the Dispute"? 

I don't want to put the wrong thing. 

On 10/27/2019 at 6:31 AM, legaleagle2012 said:

Print out a couple of copies and mail them one if you like. AAA will contact them anyway. I would put LVNV, it's a separate legal entity.

Any help above? Thanks

The dispute is that they claim you owe them money, and you have a right per the contract to have the arb forum decide the issue. If you have some valid counterclaims, add those in as well. Just make sure they are valid.