MarvBear

Study: Dealers and Car Buyers Want New Tech, Dealership Staff Resistant

Posted (edited)

Am guessing that most of those iSheep are not the type to keep a vehicle long enough for the warranty to have even expired. 

I HATE looking at cars that take more and more of the actual driving experience FROM the person behind the wheel...we already saw this effectively kill the manual transmission, killing the actual driving experience in the process.  Europeans can still get lots of good powertrain combinations that include manual transmissions...meanwhile, we cannot even get a truck that functions properly when used as a truck is intended.  Yes, I want my twin-stick option.

I rejected good offers on the Fiat 124 because they were the models that had the big honking touchpad that looked like it was an afterthought.  And that was a vehicle I would only have been leasing since I am old enough to remember when Fiat left the country previously. 

I can easily see the shop techs not wanting it because it is more electronic CRAP to go wrong and require a ton of time to diagnose and then have a service writer have to explain to the owner...just wait until the owner finds out the cost when it comes out of their pocket. 

As to the ordering process, I see it as being just as problematic as hotels are trying to make it.  Removing the human element from the process is going to prove problematic when you actually NEED to have someone using discretion.  Give me a good old-fashioned fleet manager who isn't on commission and I can be quite content in my order...to the extent I can get what I want.

Edited by centex