Sign in to follow this  
frokey

What Next?

Hey guys!

I've been working on my credit this year and have made some good progress. I paid off a couple of debts and after several years of no cards, I added 3 with the last one having a great CL (for me at least!) Just wondering what I should do now outside of just waiting to let time do it's thing. My goal is to get my FICOs to at least the low 700s by 2020. Thanks for any suggestions and advice!!

SCORES

Experian

Jan. 2019 - 558 (FICO from CapOne credit decision letter)

Sep. 2019 - 663 (FICO 8), 695 (FICO 9)

Transunion

Jan. 2019 - 615 (CK)

Sept. 2019 - 696 (CK)

Sept. 2019 - 634 (FICO 8 from Discover)

Equifax

Sept. 2019 - 715 (CK)

CARDS

April - CapOne: $1K (CLI to $1.5K next month) 0% Util.

July - Ollo: $1.5K 0% Util.

Sept. - Discover: $9K 1% Util.

BADDIES (from Transunion Report)

Chase Settlement: PIF, was a charge off. Date Paid: 8/1/2019

Target Settlement: PIF, was a charge off. Date Paid: 10/18/2018

Credit Collection Service (Progressive): PIF, was a collection. Date Paid: 04/03/2019

Diversified Consultants (Comcast): PIF, was a collection. Date Paid: 2/5/2019

Satisfactory Accounts (from Transunion Report)

Mortgage. Date opened: 10/2018

CapOne Date opened: 4/2019

Discover Date opened: 8/2019

Ollo Date opened: 7/2019

Auto (closed in 2011)

Auto. Date opened: 8/2016

Well, the CK skores are worthless in comparison to FICOs. As far as the baddies go, the DOFD is more important than the date paid. Without knowing more about your reports, letting the new cards you have age and trying to attack your baddies may be your best option. (Though, I have no idea what the Ollo card is). 

Well, the CK skores are worthless in comparison to FICOs. As far as the baddies go, the DOFD is more important than the date paid. Without knowing more about your reports, letting the new cards you have age and trying to attack your baddies may be your best option. (Though, I have no idea what the Ollo card is). 

Thanks! I’ll go back and pull the DODFs and post back. I don’t think the Ollo card has been around that long. Sent me a no fee offer and I bit. Not carrying balances, so it was good for me. No issues thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to get to 5+ revolvers.

You might also see what you can do about getting rid of the paid collections through the dispute process with the credit bureaus.  Look for inaccuracies.

14 hours ago, cv91915 said:

You want to get to 5+ revolvers.

You might also see what you can do about getting rid of the paid collections through the dispute process with the credit bureaus.  Look for inaccuracies.

Thanks! I had some concerns about the cards since each time I get one it lowers my average age and I get another hard pull so my score drops. I'm worried about overdoing it.

With the paid collections and disputes, does it help or hurt that they were paid off so recently?

On 9/26/2019 at 10:12 PM, Second Chances said:

Here are the DOFD based on Transunion report:

Chase: 04/2015

Target: 04/2015

Credit Collection Service (Progressive): Placed for collection 04/2017

Diversified Consultants (Comcast): Placed for collection 07/2018

what have you done to try to remove these four baddies? on paper copies of your reports, what is the DOFD for progressive and comcast?

Edited by hegemony

17 minutes ago, hegemony said:

what have you done to try to remove these four baddies? on paper copies of your reports, what is the DOFD for progressive and comcast?

Haven't done anything yet. Here's a pic of that section of my TU report.

11 minutes ago, pacemaker67 said:

Did you pay Comcast directly?  If so, see pinned thread  "Pay OC directly..."  Just worked for me with dispute but also letter to CA.

I did! I actually paid all of them directly (Chase, Target, Progressive, Comcast) I'll take a look at that link asap! Thanks!

Edited by frokey
Left something out.

Hey guys, I just submitted a dispute on the two collection accounts listed above going by the info in the Pay OC directly thread and the sample letter under "Letter for removing Paid collection accounts" with TU. Should I wait to see if TU removes the item before sending the letter to the CA, or go ahead and send it?

On 10/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, pacemaker67 said:

I sent them both CMRR and the CA wrote back immediately saying, sorry, we'll have it removed.  AS of yesterday mine were all gone. EQ took a while though.

Hey! Did you use the sample letter or the one in the Pay OC thread? Also, if you used the one in the thread, what did you put by "Re: Collection Account of"? I'm trying to see if the account number for that item on my credit report should go there, or if I should put my name there.

Thanks!

I sent the CA letter in my Sept 24th post on that thread.  I also disputed with the CRA's and listed the partial account number.  Those CRA dispute's referenced my paper reports.  It seems the CA removed the collection before the CRA's even did anything about my disputes.