Jump to content

Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.


Sign in to follow this  

Online Bank

Recommended Posts

So I am on EWS, and chexsystems. On chexsystems I have 5 reports 2 BOA, 3 that I taken care of but still reporting. BOA is bs. But long story short. I live in scranton Pennsylvania and need a personal account and business. I don’t want the hassle to deal with brick and mortar because I am a over the road truck driver and we all know how banks are with transactions they often times block your card and have you the famous “step inside a branch” if anyone can recommend me a bank that’d be great thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

  • Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

 

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, :angel:breeze:angel: & MarvBear

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 10:46 AM, SchoolLoan said:

So I am on EWS, and chexsystems. On chexsystems I have 5 reports 2 BOA, 3 that I taken care of but still reporting. BOA is bs. But long story short. I live in scranton Pennsylvania and need a personal account and business. I don’t want the hassle to deal with brick and mortar because I am a over the road truck driver and we all know how banks are with transactions they often times block your card and have you the famous “step inside a branch” if anyone can recommend me a bank that’d be great thanks in advance.

Try First Commonwealth Bank... They are all over in PA. I live in Ohio and opened my personal account online and my business account in the branch. I am on Chexsystems and EWS both.  They also just merged with some Santander branches in PA as well.    www.fcbanking.com 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other possible Scranton, PA options:

 

PNC Bank - https://www.branchspot.com/pa/scranton/pnc-bank/

**Has been known to approve those with negative Chex entries.

Citizens Savings Bank - https://www.citizens-savings.com/about-us/locations-hours.html
**They use a credit report and approve on a case by case basis.

 

Woodforest Bank - https://www.yellowpages.com/scranton-pa/woodforest-bank-walmart
**Second chance banking.

 

Good luck and keep us updated on any approvals.

Edited by tmcgill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 9:44 AM, tmcgill said:

Other possible Scranton, PA options:

 

PNC Bank - https://www.branchspot.com/pa/scranton/pnc-bank/

**Has been known to approve those with negative Chex entries.

Citizens Savings Bank - https://www.citizens-savings.com/about-us/locations-hours.html
**They use a credit report and approve on a case by case basis.

 

Woodforest Bank - https://www.yellowpages.com/scranton-pa/woodforest-bank-walmart
**Second chance banking.

 

Good luck and keep us updated on any approvals.

No luck with pnc nor citizens savings, woodforest would give me both personal and business, but for my business they would put my checks on hold for 5 days each deposit for 6 months and I can’t quiet do that since I have to pay my employee. Looked for a first commonwealth bank as the other person said but its about a whole hour and some change from me and I always get home past 6pm. Any other recommendations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One problem is if you're in Chex and EWS and keep applying for accounts, you're adding more inquiries thus compounding the problem.

There are various companies that offer debit cards, like Amex Bluebird, SoFi, N26, Revolut, T-Mobile Money, etc. While I wouldn't totally recommend them because they aren't full checking accounts, they possibly may work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 9:44 AM, tmcgill said:

Other possible Scranton, PA options:

 

PNC Bank - https://www.branchspot.com/pa/scranton/pnc-bank/

**Has been known to approve those with negative Chex entries.

Citizens Savings Bank - https://www.citizens-savings.com/about-us/locations-hours.html
**They use a credit report and approve on a case by case basis.

 

Woodforest Bank - https://www.yellowpages.com/scranton-pa/woodforest-bank-walmart
**Second chance banking.

 

Good luck and keep us updated on any approvals.

I finally was able to set up an account with Keybank. The hassle free checking. I’ve been reviewing here and a lot of people say some accounts the bank might close it a few days after it being opened. By any chance would you happen to have any ideas if Keybank will do that. I have some cash I wanted to deposit but don’t want the account to get closed after I do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always wait until the account is over 31 days old to set up direct deposit, or deposit a large amount.

 

Plus, maintain a non-Chexsystems, non-EWS account.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are on EWS then Key might close. I had tried the hassle free a few years back and they closed it after a week due to EWS. I am now with Wells Fargo so I have not tried Key again for a long time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, SchoolLoan said:

I finally was able to set up an account with Keybank. The hassle free checking. I’ve been reviewing here and a lot of people say some accounts the bank might close it a few days after it being opened. By any chance would you happen to have any ideas if Keybank will do that. I have some cash I wanted to deposit but don’t want the account to get closed after I do that.

Any update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dredee0 said:

Any update?

Keybank closed the account like 2 weeks later. For now just cleaning up my chex and ews paying off the debit, even though a few I filed claims for with the bank before they closed it. So just stashing the cash.. sorry for late update couldn't sign in to my account on here. Called a few local Credit Unions nothing same as always yes we use chexsystems. 

Edited by SchoolLoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here to update was approved at PenFed for a limited checking account due to my score not being quiet there for the america access account. Works the same only thing is for the limited account they will always put a 5 day hold on checks. Which I barely deposit checks only cash so yaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SchoolLoan said:

Here to update was approved at PenFed for a limited checking account due to my score not being quiet there for the america access account. Works the same only thing is for the limited account they will always put a 5 day hold on checks. Which I barely deposit checks only cash so yaya.

Community Wide FCU-  This bank also pulls a credit report.  Im not sure what the score has to be. I applied last year and both accounts were opened. I never did get a debit card. I called and they said soon as direct deposit goes in because of my score, they would send one.  I did the get the card. I have shared branching, and mobile deposit access as well and mobile banking. anyone can join.  https://comwide.com/  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in both EWS and Chex and have open accounts with the following banks.

 

Capital One

Synovus (Biz and Personal)

Simple (BBVA)

Ally

 

and the following credit unions

 

Penfed 

NavyFed  (Biz and Personal)

Vystar  (Biz and Personal)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pandmel said:

I am in both EWS and Chex and have open accounts with the following banks.

 

Capital One

Synovus (Biz and Personal)

Simple (BBVA)

Ally

 

and the following credit unions

 

Penfed 

NavyFed  (Biz and Personal)

Vystar  (Biz and Personal)

 

how were you able to get ally, and also keep navyfed when navy fed is very strict on EWS, I had a membership like 2 days later it was restricted due to EWS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 8:09 AM, tmcgill said:

Yes, agree. How long have these accounts been open?

Capital One  Had ING Savings for years. Opened Checking 3 years ago. Chex is frozen so they verified my identity with Lexis and opened.

Synovus (Biz and Personal) For 1 year

Simple (BBVA) Just recently no issues for over 3 months now

Ally - Had Ally savings for many years. Same work around as Cap 1. Been open for 8 months high activity account.

 

and the following credit unions

 

Penfed 

NavyFed  (Biz and Personal)  - I am a Veteran member was no issue when I joined and opened in 2018. My wife was not able to join by herself due to ews but is joint on my accounts.

Vystar  (Biz and Personal)

Edited by pandmel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Capital One now uses EWS for on applications.  I had my brother freeze his chexsystems and then go to capital one to apply. He applied and was denied due to EWS. I dont think freezing chex is a work around anymore for the ones who are on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      178,887
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    LJELLIOTT30
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines