Asking for early delete (CRA) + re-aging

The last post in this topic was posted 804 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello All! 

It's been a while since I've posted, so hoping I've posted in the right place. 

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this. Any advice/thoughts are welcome!

Well, good news here. I only have ONE negative left on my CRAs! Thanks again CreditBoards!

I'm prepping to apply for a HELOC (house is paid off - would like a safety net) and also to buy another home, so I've been working on getting my report in shape before the upcoming recession. 

My question is for Creditboards folks

1. What is the best way to get an account removed early?

2. What is the best way to deal with re-aging? And hopefully get it removed early?

3. Doesn't the CRA need to send me the documentation they received verifying this Cavalry account (if I request it)?

4. The bigger deal is that they report the debt as 'new', when it is not. It is killing my score. (re-aging)

I've been reading the boards for a few weeks now and I've come across quite a few great threads, however many of them are quite old. I'm hoping to get some confirmation for a way forward. 

This is a citicard chargeoff account with Cavalry Portfolio Services, past SOL in the state of California.

Date of First Delinquency is April 2013 according to the old statements the CA sent me when I went through the 1-2 punch program.

TransUnion and Experian are reporting the collection account as being 'opened' in 2016. This is incorrect. It looks like they are re-aging the account. It looks like they are using the 'date assigned' & 'date opened' as 'DOFD'. 

Equifax is reporting the DOFD as April 2013 meaning that it should drop off in April 2020. I'm trying to get it removed sooner than that, if possible. 

A few months ago, I went through the 1-2 punch program with these and the CA (Cavalry Portfolio Services) sent me some old statements, showing the Date of First Deliquency (4/13), and the balance. 

All three CRAs are reporting that they have verified the account.

Transunion score is 652 [Thinking of sending the letter shown below]

-Date Opened March 2016 (not true!)

-In comments: "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

Experian Score is 615 [Thinking of sending the letter shown below]

-reporting "1 new negative payment" (not true!)

-reporting I have "one new negative account this month" (not true!)

-"open date" Mar 2016 (not true!)

-this one really annoys me because they keep reporting it as a 'new' account. Again. It's killing my score.

Equifax Score is 712 [Not sure how to go about getting this deleted]

-Date of First Delinquency 4/2013

-Date Assigned 3/2016

-Under comments is states "Consumer disputes this account information"

I was thinking of sending a version this letter to TransUnion and Experian since they are misreporting the DOFD. (from Whychat https://whychat.me/nottoca.html ) Thoughts?

Would it be okay to send this and NOT send the SOL letter to the CA, just to see if it would work?

Deletion Request AFTER SOL Letter
LETTER TO CRA AFTER SOL LETTER TO CA THIS LETTER IS TO BE USED ONLY AFTER PROOF OF DELIVERY TO CA OF SOL LETTER SEND THIS CMRR
Your Name»

«Address1»

«Address2»

«City», «State» «Zip»

«Credit Reporting Agency»

«Address1»

«Address2»

«City», «State» «Zip»

«Date»

RE: My report of (date) (credit report #)

Dear Sir/Madam

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item.

This item has been reported by :

(Name of Agency, Account #___) to your credit bureau, and is currently entered on my credit report.

I am requesting that the entry be deleted in it's entirety as it is an invalid claim,and any reporting of an invalid claim is prohibited.

(see Sullivan v. Equifax, Inc. et al., 2002 U.S. Dist LEXIS 7884 (E.D. PA. 2002)

(reporting a debt to a credit reporting agency is a communication covered by the FDCPA in §1692e(8))"1692e(8)

Communicating or threatening to communicate to any person information which is known or which should be known to be false, including the failure to communicate that a disputed debt is disputed."

Enclosed please find a copy of the notice sent to (name of collection agency),together with a copy of the delivery receipt proving delivery, enjoining them from any further collection activity on an account that is beyond the legal limit for collection in my State of ______.

Please consider this as notification to you that the account as reported is invalid, and that the (name of agency) has been properly notified of that fact.

Please notify me, in writing, of any continued collection activity on their part, including any verification, resubmission or reinsertion after your reinvestigation and deletion of this item.

Sincerely,

«Signature»

«Your Name

Just speculating here, but reporting of the "open date" for the CO account as 2016 doesn't appear to be incorrect.  The question is what do TU and EXP reflect as the DOFD?

If it's not stated on the reports you have, and the reports also don't show the expected date of removal of the CO tradelines, then you're stabbing around in the dark.

If you haven't already done so, the first word of advice here when preparing to dispute CR information is to obtain paper reports.  They tend to be more complete than reports downloaded on the internet.  In this case, I suspect that the TU and EXP paper reports would fill in the missing info re DOFD/date of removal.

On the paper reports:

Equifax states "The account is scheduled to continue on record until Jan 2020."

It does not have DOFD listed. Only Date opened & First reported (May 2016). 

TransUnion states "Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 03/2020"

Placed for collection 03/31/2016

Experian states "Date of 1st Deliquency: 04/2013"

This makes me wonder if I should start calling them and asking them nicely to removed them early. Ideas?

Most likely PRA acquired the account in 2016. That is not re-aging since it does not change the DOFD. Everybody on here wants all their baddies removed because they don't like the impact it has on their score. If you read the FCRA, there is no valid reason titled "it hurts my score so remove it." You should be concentrating on showing the lender that this is SOL and you cannot be successfully sued for it, hence there won't be any garnishment impacting your ability to pay back the loan.

18 hours ago, BringMeTheHorizon said:

Thank you, shifter! Do you think I would have better luck calling them, writing or trying online?

Call, and be exceptionally polite since you're asking for a favor.  Call a few times until you get a helpful rep.

Online if that doesn't work.  This is one of the very few types of disputes where this is advised.

6-7 months early may be too high of an expectation. Timelines for each bureau are discussed in the thread that's linked above.

Edited by cv91915

The last post in this topic was posted 804 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.