Polish & Slavic Federal Credit Union Marks Another Milestone: 100,000 Members

Easy to see why:

• Credit card that pays 1 point/$ spent (and I guarantee you that 1 point is not worth one entire cent).

• Just look at those savings rates!  Sure, they only pay 0.05% on a savings account, but if you tie up your money in a five-year CD you will earn only 11% less interest than I do every year on completely liquid savings!

It's no wonder people are leaving the bloodthirsty for-profit banks in droves for these amazing credit union offerings.  

BECOME A CUSTOMER AN OWNER TODAY!

https://pl.psfcu.com/strona-glowna

Looks like an interesting CU - offering Visa cards as low as 9.74% APR with advertised CL's up to 30K.

Could you imagine the CB Effect on a CU like that - this month they celebrate 100,000 members after 43 years in business. Two months from now a press release for 250,000 members.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:16 AM, TheVig said:

SUB is a case of pierogies.

Throw in a batch of galumpki and I'm there.

• 1 year later...

So I became a member of this rather unusual credit union, went to the suburban Chicago location. English is definitely a second language there. Phones are answered in Polish first, then English. When you walk in, you're greeted in Polish. Signs - all in Polish - with English translations in smaller text at the bottom of the signage.

I opened my savings and applied for the Visa card. They pull EX, and one UW criteria is if you're approved the maximum CL you can get is $5000 without going through income verification via pay stub or tax transcripts. I pulled up my payroll app and click on my latest statement and emailed it to the member service rep. I asked for the max of $30K. All loan and credit card underwriting is done manually.

• 3 weeks later...

I love hearing about these unusual CUs that really seem to focus on such a specific characteristic, in this case Polish-speaking Chicagoans, because it seems SO sharply defined. And it must be a lifesaver for members to be able to do financial transactions in the language that is most comfortable for oneself. 

On 4/29/2021 at 10:36 AM, TheVig said:

Does this CU offer any special incentives to gopniks?

No. No SUBs or incentives.

On 4/29/2021 at 12:35 PM, swimmingwithsharks said:

I love hearing about these unusual CUs that really seem to focus on such a specific characteristic, in this case Polish-speaking Chicagoans, because it seems SO sharply defined. And it must be a lifesaver for members to be able to do financial transactions in the language that is most comfortable for oneself. 

Actually their HQ is in New Jersey in the NY Metro area, but with the huge Polish and Slavic community around Chicago it made sense to locate branches there. 

11 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I received the AA notice notifying me of why they countered my 30K request with 15K - "Significant Unsecured Credit Exposure" - in other words true CWs need not apply.

How do you say "memberlicious" in Polish?

This is truly Memberlicious ....

Dear PSFCU Member,

We would like to invite you to attend the 2021 PSFCU Annual Meeting which, due to the restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, will be held electronically at 5:00 PM EST on May 15, 2021. Below, you will find information on how to attend. Please join our meeting at least 10 minutes prior to the start time.

Please note that the Annual Meeting will be conducted in the Polish language. English speaking members should register with the Member Services Center at least 24 hours prior to the meeting to obtain credentials to the phone transmission that provides English interpretation.