Sign in to follow this  
StantheMan

Experian Score Stuck

For the last 2 years my Experian FICO 8 has not changed even 1 point. At 696 all this time. Regardless of new accounts, inquiries, utilization, AAoA etc. it hasn’t moved. I do have a 4.5 BK on file and every other scoring model has moved much higher ( FICO and fako).

My score was at this point when I froze LN and the other the  sub repository’s and LN has actually soft pulled Experian a few times which may have no effect but it seems odd that with all the changes I have made to the report not even a one point change in that score for two years .  I have checked  at least once a month. TU has been climbing with FICO 8 and EQ is clean with a 800+ score.

Edited by StantheMan

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Not normal.

Do you have access to this score from multiple sources?  

I do..everything from denials to CCT, and everything in between. That same FICO 8 score.

6 hours ago, StantheMan said:

I do..everything from denials to CCT, and everything in between. That same FICO 8 score.

If you still have an active subscription to CCT I would open a support ticket and see where that gets you.  There is no way that your score hasn't moved in two years.  

I can see this being a huge hassle, though...  your ticket will likely get closed and you'll have to repeat this, escalate, etc. and may run in circles for weeks or months.

Might be easier to subscribe to myFICO for a couple of months and then open an incident with them.  At least you'd be dealing with Fair Isaac directly.  

24 minutes ago, hegemony said:

segmentation?

when my BK was aging my scores (F98 IIRC) stuck at 738 with little variation until my reports were free of the BK notation.

I don't have a BK reporting, but I routinely go multiple months in a row with no movement on the score.  Admittedly, there isn't much that changes month over month since I generally only allow AXP to report a balance.  But I do usually see a point up or down over an eight-month period of time on this model...although FICO8 is NOT a model that has been cited on any of the letters I have had in the past year.  It ONLY comes into play on the various websites that provide FICO modeled scores... 

Max out your lowest limit card and let it report for one month (and then PIF, of course).

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Max out your lowest limit card and let it report for one month (and then PIF, of course).

I actually did that with a no fee Merrick card. The other two dropped while EX didn’t budge. After paying it the next month I recovered the points and as usual  EX still stayed the same.

Not really a huge deal since I’m not planning to app until next year. What’s strange is on the EX app with the archived reports the reasons are all exactly the same. At one time I had no inquiries on EX yet they were one of the reasons cited.

9 minutes ago, StantheMan said:

I actually did that with a no fee Merrick card. The other two dropped while EX didn’t budge. After paying it the next month I recovered the points and as usual  EX still stayed the same.

Not really a huge deal since I’m not planning to app until next year. What’s strange is on the EX app with the archived reports the reasons are all exactly the same. At one time I had no inquiries on EX yet they were one of the reasons cited.

Have you ordered a paper copy of your EX file to ensure you have accounts currently updating/reporting to it?  

1 hour ago, gerray said:

Have you ordered a pa per copy of your EX file to ensure you have accounts currently updating/reporting to it?  

No I haven't but the reports from the back door  are all accurate and are updating. Would the paper reports really be much different?

24 minutes ago, StantheMan said:

No I haven't but the reports from the back door  are all accurate and are updating. Would the paper reports really be much different?

Just a theory but my guess is that you have a split experian file and your score is “stuck” on the file that is no longer being updated.

41 minutes ago, gerray said:

Just a theory but my guess is that you have a split experian file and your score is “stuck” on the file that is no longer being updated.

I don’t know about a split file. All my info is on the ones I always access regardless of the source , if anything maybe a 2nd file without complete information and not being updated. 

Thanks for the “theory” and I will call Ex and ask about the possibility.