akmama08

Chase card paid off...reporting question

We paid off a 9k balance today (over the course of this month).  I read online that Chase reports as soon as balance is zero.  To make sure, I called and they told me they only report at billing cycle cut date which isn't for 10 more days.  Problem is we need to get a personal loan this week.  A large one.  This effects my husbands credit score by almost 100pts which is a huge percentage difference in interest rates.  
Any insight on getting it reported asap?  They said the statement date change wouldn't be able to go into effect until next month either.  Insight?  Experience?  Tips?

In my experience Chase has consistently updated $0 balance after PIF. They may not advertise it since they don’t have to do this. It takes about 2 business days for me but ymmv.

Not sure what your options are if your timeline is that short though. May be possible to refinance after score goes up if you can’t delay until next week.

Unless he was over the balance or this was an extremely anorexic file, I seriously doubt that ONE account that has no derogatory reporting was costing 100 points on any Fair Issac model. 

Yeah I can't see one account costing 100 points.

Definitely not a fico score you are looking at.