I have almost 30 credit cards, and I'm convinced people seeking a perfect credit score are missing the point

hegemony

7 hours ago, hegemony said:

Rather than "never want", I'd express the sentiment as "don't need".  But, yeah, I've suggested before that I'm quite satisfied with any FICO 8 > 760.

When the discussion of high FICO scores comes up, I'm always reminded of a rather non-PC expression with respect to breast-size:  any more than a mouthful is a waste ...

9 hours ago, hdporter said:

Rather than "never want", I'd express the sentiment as "don't need".  But, yeah, I've suggested before that I'm quite satisfied with any FICO 8 > 760.

When the discussion of high FICO scores comes up, I'm always reminded of a rather non-PC expression with respect to breast-size:  any more than a mouthful is a waste ...

what is non-PC about the truth? ;)

Concur about score...I had to talk mom off the ledge after she got the notice of the car loan being zero'ed out...she dropped from an 840+ to an 802. 

Yes, I am kidding about the ledge.  And yes, she is very aware that she will get anything she might need even with a low 800 score.  But given that she is happy with one vehicle (and access to my fleet) and that the house is paid for, she isn't looking for much in the way of any new credit products. 

It seems with a FICO >740 you can get any credit product you want at the best interest rate.  Same as having an 850 FICO.  The only variable is mortgages as stated in the article - best to avoid new credit for as long as possible before applying.  

The stability in my FICO 8s has become even more durable since I put myself "at the mercy of someone else" (author's words) when I added myself as an AU on my mother's 1992 Chase United card.

Before I did this I was still occasionally slumming it in the 820s.

s9xX1Fv.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 8/29/2019 at 1:22 PM, muso said:

It seems with a FICO >740 you can get any credit product you want at the best interest rate.  Same as having an 850 FICO.  The only variable is mortgages as stated in the article - best to avoid new credit for as long as possible before applying.  

not really when you factor in blacklists and grim trigger rules (e.g., 5/24)

On 8/28/2019 at 1:17 AM, hdporter said:

YOU PUT THEM IN YOUR MOUTH???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

11 hours ago, hdporter said:

I'd reply with humor, but anything that comes to mind seems REALLY SKEEVEY before I even get it down in type ...

I suspect several around here COULD have some fun with it, but SOMEONE would get offended and then we ALL get in trouble...it's all fun and games until the cops show up.

1 hour ago, centex said:

I suspect several around here COULD have some fun with it, but SOMEONE would get offended and then we ALL get in trouble...it's all fun and games until the cops show up.

I'd suggest that we could use an NSFW forum (with advisory), but I fear the presence of such a beast would be such a detraction for @cv91915 that his employer would declare him AWOL!   ;)

< btw, I'll let it slip that I reportedly was breast fed, with weening subject to very angry protest.  Been orally fixated ever since ... >