Sign in to follow this  
TheVig

I called Blispay

Posted (edited)

For Shyts and giggles I called. Spoke to a nice lady. No new news. Just said they were hoping to turn lending back on soon and please don't cancel your card.

No intentions of closing the card. I'll just keep it tucked away in the SD.

Edited by TheVig

4 hours ago, TheVig said:

For Shyts and giggles I called. Spoke to a nice lady. No new news. Just said they were hoping to turn lending back on soon and please don't cancel your card.

Well, we're still waiting to hear what Alliance Data plans to do after having acquired (select) assets of Blispay.   (Alliance is the parent of Comenity).

I still anticipate elimination of the Blispay card and for Alliance to take advantage of Blispay's in-store finance program to more strongly penetrate that business segment.

Still, we've never seen profitability numbers for the Blispay card.  It was a unique offering and, if profit numbers panned out despite the odds against (given an atypical credit screening model and a six-month repayment window, both with potential to give rise to excess delinquency rates), then we may be in luck and see the card features restored.

5 hours ago, TheVig said:

did you ask how many people that used blispaid for 22inch wheels for their honda piloT defaulted?

On 8/25/2019 at 5:55 PM, hegemony said:

did you ask how many people that used blispaid for 22inch wheels for their honda piloT defaulted?

Please. The kinds of people who put 22" wheels on their hoopties don't drive Pilots. They have Dodge Journeys. The official sub-prime car.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Please. The kinds of people who put 22" wheels on their hoopties don't drive Pilots. They have Dodge Journeys. The official sub-prime car.

I rented from Enterprise once and all they had left was a Journey.  Seeing as how I needed the car I had no choice.

I felt dirty afterwards.......................

I miss the days when Hertz would reward my loyalty with a Chevrolet HHR.

Does Comenity have a maximum exposure rule?

They seem to be taking over PisPay.  They are in the process of taking over the Chase AARP card portfolio.  I already have their Total Rewards Visa and the tightwads will not let me go over $30k even though I religiously buy a pencil once every four months. 

9 hours ago, PotO said:

They seem to be taking over PisPay.  They are in the process of taking over the Chase AARP card portfolio.  I already have their Total Rewards Visa and the tightwads will not let me go over $30k even though I religiously buy a pencil once every four months. 

I have no idea what their max exposure is. I only have two Comenity cards now.

BJ's MC $12.5k

Williams Sonoma Visa Signature $11.3k

Luv button works for me in six month intervals. 

10 hours ago, PotO said:

at some point I have over 60k combined on virgin and funkrewards. I forget the exact numbers; I'll look to see if I can find the data in my basement archive.

4 hours ago, hegemony said:

at some point I have over 60k combined on virgin and funkrewards. I forget the exact numbers; I'll look to see if I can find the data in my basement archive.

Thank you.

I'm not feeling too warm and fuzzy about Comenity these days.  I have $30k with TR Visa, and if they take over the Chase AARP portfolio plus PisPay, I will have over $100k with them.  

I'm thinking of closing AARP myself and transferring that limit over to another Chase card.  

On 8/31/2019 at 11:52 PM, PotO said:

Thank you.

I'm not feeling too warm and fuzzy about Comenity these days.  I have $30k with TR Visa, and if they take over the Chase AARP portfolio plus PisPay, I will have over $100k with them.  

I'm thinking of closing AARP myself and transferring that limit over to another Chase card.  

I dumped my AARP card a while back and rolled the limit into another Chase card i only have one Comenity Card TR Visa. I see u mentioned they taking over the AARP Portfolio i only wan't one Comenity Card lol.

29 minutes ago, bigpoppa09 said:

I dumped my AARP card a while back and rolled the limit into another Chase card i only have one Comenity Card TR Visa. I see u mentioned they taking over the AARP Portfolio i only wan't one Comenity Card lol.

Totally agree!  I don’t trust Comenity that much either. 

20 hours ago, PotO said:

Totally agree!  I don’t trust Comenity that much either. 

If you have any level of trust in them, that is too much...

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:52 PM, PotO said:

Thank you.

PotO -

I sure hope you did this and has been posted here, don't trust Comenity! And even if you could trust Comenity, I highly doubt they would even permit you to have an aggregate total of over $100K unsecured....

18 minutes ago, Rogue said:

PotO -

I sure hope you did this and has been posted here, don't trust Comenity! And even if you could trust Comenity, I highly doubt they would even permit you to have an aggregate total of over $100K unsecured....

I agree 100%.  I'm going to move all but $5k over to another Chase card.  Hell, I might as well move all since it's not like 3% back on gas or dining is really that great any more. 

8 hours ago, PotO said:

I agree 100%.  I'm going to move all but $5k over to another Chase card.  Hell, I might as well move all since it's not like 3% back on gas or dining is really that great any more. 

I dropped mine to $5k, transferring the bulk of the CL to my Chase Sapphire Reserve when it was opened 3 years ago.  AARP's been dormant since other than a couple of charges since CSR supplanted AARP for such charges.