Sign in to follow this  
rusty105

Help with Eastern Account Systems

Help with Eastern Account Systems

I have a collection showing up on my 3 reports from Eastern Account Systems (EAS) for a medical bill from back in 5/2015. The account is listed as first opened in 6/2016. I have never made a payment to them, nor have I even contacted them. They now have "updated" the balance in 7/2019 (I am assuming to attempt to extend the SOL), yet I never did anything, and the reports list the balance as the same amount. Looking to possibly buy a home in the next year or 2, and would like to see this gone. What are my options? I am in a better position financially then I was 3 years ago, and could pay the medical provider directly, or do i wait out the SOL ?

I also  just recently payed down some CC debt, and pulled all majors + Innovis, so i have an idea where I sit. I just have this medical collection and 2 lates with Cap1. the lates are on 2 different Cap1 accounts in the same month about 3.5 years ago. Is it worth trying a good will? Or just let them age gracefully?

thanks!

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

send each CRA the initial dispute letter. list ALL medical accounts as they appear on the report you are disputing

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

DO NOT do anything with any non medical accounts until you have cleared the medical accounts from your reports.

Come back to this post for additional assistance

I am able to pay the initial provider (the Doctor) now , should I? Or wait till the accounts are off my reports?

If you pay this 4+ year old bill now to the Dr it will have no effect on getting the account off your reports, and may actually create more of a problem.

Unless and until you establish that there is a CURRENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP between the Dr and the reporting CA no payment should be made. It is more than likely that the Dr.'s office no longer has the account in their active computer system and it is VERY LIKELY that there is now AND NEVER HAS BEEN a business relationship between the Dr and the reporting CA. The CA likely obtained your account data from a data miner and NOT from an assignment from the Dr.'s office.

If I pay the Dr, wouldn't the CA no longer have an account to collect? Making the listing void?

Should I also dispute mis-spelling of my name, and not complete names, (missing middle initial and suffix) ?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, rusty105 said:

If I pay the Dr, wouldn't the CA no longer have an account to collect? Making the listing void?

You are assuming that the CA obtained the account from the Dr. Most 3+ medical accounts reporting were acquired by the reporting CA (JDB junk debt buyer) from a data miner and they were NOT assigned to them by the OC Dr.

And yes dispute the misspelling of your name.

Edited by Why Chat