tmkats

No more FICO for SYNCB on Amazon

1 hour ago, IvyMgmt said:

I thought CareCredit was Comenity?

No, it's a Synchrony.   (But Comenity Care Credit is more pleasing to the tongue!! :) )

No, it's a Synchrony.   (But Comenity Care Credit is more pleasing to the tongue!! )

LOL funny Sync hates me guess it’s for my own good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, IvyMgmt said:

Wait CapOne is taking over all Amazon cards.. thats good news for my Sync hates me .. lil piss pants.. 

CapOne is just taking over Walmart. Sorry, I was responding to Occam’s post about Walmart FICO not working. 

It doesn't cost creditors anything to offer FICO scores to their card holders. BUT, only if the issuer uses FICO to track consumers. If they use another service they cannot offer free FICO scores.  This may indicate a shift in the scores they use for tracking however, they likely still use FICO scores for approvals.

11 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

It doesn't cost creditors anything to offer FICO scores to their card holders. BUT, only if the issuer uses FICO to track consumers. If they use another service they cannot offer free FICO scores.  This may indicate a shift in the scores they use for tracking however, they likely still use FICO scores for approvals.

I bet synch is still using FICO for UW... but is getting paid by vantage as a marketing effort by vantage to increase its "legitimacy" among consumers

58 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I bet synch is still using FICO for UW... but is getting paid by vantage as a marketing effort by vantage to increase its "legitimacy" among consumers

Entirely possible. And they could still be paying for FICO tracking as well as approvals. However, if they start providing subsidized VantageScores, I would expect, at the next contract, FICO to increase the cost of tracking with a rebate if consumers were provided free FICO scores. At least if their legal peeps decide it passes anti-trust muster.

It's all rather opaque but interesting to speculate on their respective marketing strategies.

On 8/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, Occam said:

BoA

Barclays

Discovery

all give TU08

Just have to ask....where do so many people get "Discovery" from?   Where does it ever refer to "Discovery"?

Not their website.  Not their credit card.  Not their statements.  Not anything.  

For 35 years I have literally heard/read hundreds of people refer to Discover Card as Discovery.  I'm just curious why.

Other than that, I'm sure we all have enough important stuff to worry about.  

16 minutes ago, Nyrell said:

Just have to ask....where do so many people get "Discovery" from?   Where does it ever refer to "Discovery"?

Not their website.  Not their credit card.  Not their statements.  Not anything.  

For 35 years I have literally heard/read hundreds of people refer to Discover Card as Discovery.  I'm just curious why.

we often banter and make up names for subprime cards :)

21 hours ago, Nyrell said:

What would you call an absurd credit card?