Jump to content

tmkats

No more FICO for SYNCB on Amazon

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IvyMgmt said:

I thought CareCredit was Comenity?

No, it's a Synchrony.   (But Comenity Care Credit is more pleasing to the tongue!! :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's a Synchrony.   (But Comenity Care Credit is more pleasing to the tongue!! )


LOL funny Sync hates me guess it’s for my own good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IvyMgmt said:

 

Wait CapOne is taking over all Amazon cards.. thats good news for my Sync hates me .. lil piss pants.. 

CapOne is just taking over Walmart. Sorry, I was responding to Occam’s post about Walmart FICO not working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't cost creditors anything to offer FICO scores to their card holders. BUT, only if the issuer uses FICO to track consumers. If they use another service they cannot offer free FICO scores.  This may indicate a shift in the scores they use for tracking however, they likely still use FICO scores for approvals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

It doesn't cost creditors anything to offer FICO scores to their card holders. BUT, only if the issuer uses FICO to track consumers. If they use another service they cannot offer free FICO scores.  This may indicate a shift in the scores they use for tracking however, they likely still use FICO scores for approvals.

I bet synch is still using FICO for UW... but is getting paid by vantage as a marketing effort by vantage to increase its "legitimacy" among consumers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I bet synch is still using FICO for UW... but is getting paid by vantage as a marketing effort by vantage to increase its "legitimacy" among consumers

Entirely possible. And they could still be paying for FICO tracking as well as approvals. However, if they start providing subsidized VantageScores, I would expect, at the next contract, FICO to increase the cost of tracking with a rebate if consumers were provided free FICO scores. At least if their legal peeps decide it passes anti-trust muster.

 

It's all rather opaque but interesting to speculate on their respective marketing strategies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, Occam said:

BoA

Barclays

Discovery

 

all give TU08

Just have to ask....where do so many people get "Discovery" from?   Where does it ever refer to "Discovery"?

 

Not their website.  Not their credit card.  Not their statements.  Not anything.  

 

For 35 years I have literally heard/read hundreds of people refer to Discover Card as Discovery.  I'm just curious why.

 

Other than that, I'm sure we all have enough important stuff to worry about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nyrell said:

Just have to ask....where do so many people get "Discovery" from?   Where does it ever refer to "Discovery"?

 

Not their website.  Not their credit card.  Not their statements.  Not anything.  

 

For 35 years I have literally heard/read hundreds of people refer to Discover Card as Discovery.  I'm just curious why.

 

Other than that, I'm sure we all have enough important stuff to worry about.  

we often banter and make up names for subprime cards :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nyrell said:

Just have to ask....where do so many people get "Discovery" from?   Where does it ever refer to "Discovery"?

 

Not their website.  Not their credit card.  Not their statements.  Not anything.  

 

For 35 years I have literally heard/read hundreds of people refer to Discover Card as Discovery.  I'm just curious why.

 

Other than that, I'm sure we all have enough important stuff to worry about.  

What would you call an absurd credit card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      177,289
    • Most Online
      1,528

    Newest Member
    k8ward
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines