cten07

Dealer Credit Pulls

I had dealer pull my credit last week, too low for a good lease, better rate on purchase. If I go back this week or later this month, would they have to pull credit again or is the credit pull valid for a certain number of days.  

I had dealer pull my credit last week, too low for a good lease, better rate on purchase. If I go back this week or later this month, would they have to pull credit again or is the credit pull valid for a certain number of days.  

19 hours ago, cten07 said:

I would venture to guess that a week you may be ok, but more than a couple you are probably looking at another pull.  It likely depends on the dealer's policies as well as the lender they are working with.  I doubt you will find a definitive answer absent asking the dealer.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:19 PM, MarvBear said:

I would pull your credit file(s) again.

Thanks for the response as always. Is it also possible to have the dealer just pull TransUnion and find a lender that way?

17 minutes ago, cten07 said:

Thanks for the response as always. Is it also possible to have the dealer just pull TransUnion and find a lender that way?

I would be glad to listen to your suggestion and submit per your request.  I always know the default bureau for the lender I choose.    From my experience in the Southeastern U.S. TransUnion is the least favored bureau though (with several credit unions and banks not accepting TransUnion bureaus.

Thanks Marv, just got a alert credit about my TU report and that potential strategy is out the window.  Is it possible to get approved with a current 30 day late on your mortgage showing? My only account showing past due at the moment.  My reports show that for the July 2019 payment; I live in Florida and the AC went out in my house so I had to kick the can on that one. Made the July payment on August 9th for July, paying August on Aug 30 and Sept on the 13th ect. I just pulled my scores and oddly enough they increased despite that. 

Most likely I will wait 30 days until the CRA's have it as current again; just wanted to know if its possible in case I have to. Car she drives has a weird intermittent issue with the braking system that of course goes away when we take it in to the dealer or mechanic as no one can seem to find anything wrong. She refuses to drive the car so I am using as my DD for now. 

Sounds like for that weird braking issue that nobody can reproduce it sounds like you need to replace that nut behind the steering wheel and not worry about losing money in a trade.