Sign in to follow this  
sharpes84

chexsytems ,2 1/2 years since issues

I had a situation  where a bad paycheck overdrew my account.

It was with NASA and I have since repaid the error and closed this account.{Jan 2017}

I tried last summer 2018 to open a new account at another bank and i became aware that I am in the system even though its reporting paid.

What bank or Credit Union would be good to try and open ? Should I wait till the 5 years lapses and it wont report anymore is there a bank that is recommended that is forgiving and sees that it is paid

Posted (edited)

Before applying again, double check and verify there are no negatives on Early Warning Services (EWS)EWS is the "fraud" watchdog CRA. Sometimes account holders get reported to them for closed accounts, even if there is no "fraud".

If there are EWS negatives, it is more difficult to get a second chance approval.

https://www.earlywarning.com/sites/default/files/2019-01/CIC%20Form-170215-0811-SAMPLE.pdf

What is your city and state, we'll reply with possible options in your area.

**Also, sent you a direct message.

Edited by tmcgill