Ryleetn

Score drop

Can anyone give me insight on why my score would drop 15 points on credit karma when all that changed is my balances went down on 4 accts,  down on 1 collection and a hard injuiry dropped off. Shouldn't all that help my score??? Soo confused.

Credit karma is a fake useless score.  It is not in use by any institution of which I am familiar for the extension of credit.

Aside from Marv's comments, a 15 point change is not material. A 15 point change on Vantage score is even less significant. You might have seen an increase in FICO. Do any of your cards supply a free FICO score. Many do these days.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ryleetn said:

Can anyone give me insight on why my score would drop 15 points on credit karma when all that changed is my balances went down on 4 accts,  down on 1 collection and a hard injuiry dropped off. Shouldn't all that help my score??? Soo confused.

Could be the reverse of the $2 Trick.  

Could be the results of an update on your collection account. 

Edited by PotO

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Kredit Karmahahaha skores change with the humidity.

It’s consistently humid here. They are more like meteorologists. The news just said there’s a 60% chance of rain today. It’s was already raining when I woke up. Over an hour ago. It’s still raining. 

1 minute ago, DPB said:

It’s consistently humid here. They are more like meteorologists. The news just said there’s a 60% chance of rain today. It’s was already raining when I woke up. Over an hour ago. It’s still raining. 

Get out of there for a while!  I'm departing for San Diego in 24 hours, 1 minute and 28 seconds.  :good: 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Ryleetn said:

CK skores have always been FAKOs. But if you checked within the last few days it was probably someone else's FAKO.

They claim to have fixed the breach "glitch" yesterday. But if not, you can refresh and/or log out and back in to get a different skore. Just repeat until you get one you like.

Edited by Occam

NEVER EVER make a decision or lose sleep over ANYTHING that appears on ANY of the third-party reports, even if it is a tri-merge obtained from the Fair Isaac website. 

ONLY worry about what actually appears (or disappears from) an actual paper report obtained DIRECTLY from one of the four major bureaus.

The three-digit scores from a site like Karma Ran over the Creditma (or Dogma) are not even good enough to be for entertainment value. 

11 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Get out of there for a while!  I'm departing for San Diego in 24 hours, 1 minute and 28 seconds.  :good: 

I'm sitting in the DFW AA lounge, waiting for a flight that will take me to the MS coast where I'll be until Wednesday. 

Great weather forecast!!  (Any bets I book a trip to SD before the trip is out?? ;) )

12 minutes ago, hdporter said:

I'm sitting in the DFW AA lounge, waiting for a flight that will take me to the MS coast where I'll be until Wednesday. 

Great weather forecast!!  (Any bets I book a trip to SD before the trip is out?? ;) )

The weather shouldn't suck at all.  Is it guacamole time at the AC?

16 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I wasn’t complaining about it, my response was just a joke based off of your previous reply. I guess humor + internet + me at 6am doesn’t translate well. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DPB said:

I wasn’t complaining about it, my response was just a joke based off of your previous reply. I guess humor + internet + me at 6am doesn’t translate well. 

And it's now 5:41 a.m. ET and I'll be out of here in 34 minutes.  And that's no joke.  😻

Edited by cv91915

17 hours ago, hdporter said:

Wait...what?  Where is this Manufactured Spend coast of which you speak? 

Oh, and in keeping with the travel to get the hell out of Dodge theme...I head out in roughly 36 hours to Hege's little corner of the desert.  I'll be in Vegas for a little under 50 hours and then back home to a growing caseload... 

15 hours ago, centex said:

Oh, and in keeping with the travel to get the hell out of Dodge theme...I head out in roughly 36 hours to Hege's little corner of the desert.  I'll be in Vegas for a little under 50 hours and then back home to a growing caseload... 

Please tell me you're a 2-hr jaunt from LV ... for me, Vegas is 100+ hours or bust!!

My next run to LV is slated for Sep 21 for 8 nights (Golden Nugget/Green Valley Ranch/Mandalay Bay/Cosmopolitan).  "Solo" trip the first 5 nights, Bev joins me at Cosmo for 3 nights to close out the trip.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:24 AM, hdporter said:

Please tell me you're a 2-hr jaunt from LV ... for me, Vegas is 100+ hours or bust!!

My next run to LV is slated for Sep 21 for 8 nights (Golden Nugget/Green Valley Ranch/Mandalay Bay/Cosmopolitan).  "Solo" trip the first 5 nights, Bev joins me at Cosmo for 3 nights to close out the trip.

The flight, for me, tends to be about three hours, sometimes as little as two and a half if there is a good tailwind coming home.  Usually I do the short trips over a weekend, but this was a birthday with a friend.  

Got back in early this AM...I almost always take the 1A red-eye ex-LAS.  Landed after about two and a half hours in the air, which was almost a half-hour in advance of the scheduled arrival time. 

Enjoy your trip...if you have not got everything booked for your downtown night(s), take a look at The D.  I much prefer it to the Nugget, although admittedly the Nugget is more forthcoming with the comped nights.  Time will tell whether my sports book action this trip changes that.  Have never stayed at GVR, MB or Cosmo...in fact, I have never even been IN GVR although I have been to MB for an Aces game and went through Cosmo shortly after it opened. 

2 hours ago, centex said:

Enjoy your trip...if you have not got everything booked for your downtown night(s), take a look at The D.  I much prefer it to the Nugget, although admittedly the Nugget is more forthcoming with the comped nights.  Time will tell whether my sports book action this trip changes that.  Have never stayed at GVR, MB or Cosmo...in fact, I have never even been IN GVR although I have been to MB for an Aces game and went through Cosmo shortly after it opened. 

The D mertis considerations at some point and has been on the back burner.  GN has a hook into me inasmuch as I also play at their properties in Biloxi and Atlantic City, garnering top tier privileges.  The gaming offers from Las Vegas aren't too shabby ... I'll have $625 in gaming credits for my 3 night stay (2 days of active play). 

I'm dabbling at GVR ... property has some nice attributes and I've been casting about for a room comp that requires relatively nominal play in order to bridge Strip promotion dates.

MB may be a "one off" or represent a permanent venue change from MGM Grand.  The stay is the key impetus for this trip, with an aim to play out the necessary tier to renew for MGM Platinum status.  (Tier points are earned 5x faster in LV than in MS.)   In any case, I only do one MGM group stay in LV annually.

Cosmo is simply a delight.  I adore their "terrace" balcony rooms overlooking the Bellagio fountains, some of their restaurants are exquisite, and it's simply a thrill to be there.  However, they may be tiring of me (I have a winning record there to date and this quarter, while they continue to extend a primo room, they killed by gaming credit offer -- formerly $350.)

2 hours ago, hdporter said:

The D mertis considerations at some point and has been on the back burner.  GN has a hook into me inasmuch as I also play at their properties in Biloxi and Atlantic City, garnering top tier privileges.  The gaming offers from Las Vegas aren't too shabby ... I'll have $625 in gaming credits for my 3 night stay (2 days of active play). 

MB may be a "one off" or represent a permanent venue change from MGM Grand.  The stay is the key impetus for this trip, with an aim to play out the necessary tier to renew for MGM Platinum status.  (Tier points are earned 5x faster in LV than in MS.)   In any case, I only do one MGM group stay in LV annually.

I am presuming you have spun up the MGM status to the Caesars Diamond through the status match?  Won't necessarily get you the comped rooms but it DOES waive the resort fees.   You would have to look at the status match page to see what else beyond MGM Gold (or higher) can be flipped to Diamond... 

14 hours ago, centex said:

I am presuming you have spun up the MGM status to the Caesars Diamond through the status match?  Won't necessarily get you the comped rooms but it DOES waive the resort fees.   You would have to look at the status match page to see what else beyond MGM Gold (or higher) can be flipped to Diamond... 

Caesars is my main squeeze ... playing properties in MS, LA, NJ and NV (and on the odd occasion elsewhere).  So I'm at Seven Stars tier (and just renewed to 1/21 with my play this last week).

5 hours ago, hdporter said:

Caesars is my main squeeze ... playing properties in MS, LA, NJ and NV (and on the odd occasion elsewhere).  So I'm at Seven Stars tier (and just renewed to 1/21 with my play this last week).

oh...so you are one of THOSE people...LOL!

At least someone else coming along that also spends time in the various properties might make use of the Diamond spin-up option...