Sign in to follow this  
CTSoxFan

AmEx Preventing Marriott Bonvoy Double Dip with Chase

Not sure if this has been posted about before, and too lazy to do a deep search...

I usually just auto-delete the ITA emails from AmEx for their co-brand products, but just for S&Gs I decided to read through this one.  It seems that Marriott is trying to curtail people from getting a double dip on their co-brand cards with AmEx & Chase in a short time period.  From the T&Cs:

Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product or The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.

Welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase, or the Marriott Rewards® Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards®Premier Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a new Card Member bonus offer in the last 24 months on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards®Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase.

I am not going to go back, but has anyone else seen this in the past?  Only places I can think of off the top of my head where it might apply is Hilton (Citi/AmEx) and AA (Citi/Barclays)

I wonder if this is something Marriott forced into their contract with AmEx & Chase because I couldn't see either lender wanting to readily agree to that knowing it may alienate a portion of their customer base.

1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

...has anyone else seen this in the past?  Only places I can think of off the top of my head where it might apply is Hilton (Citi/AmEx) and AA (Citi/Barclays)

Definitely not an issue with AA (Citi/Barclays) as of August 2019.

Hope it doesn't spread.

This language has been in there for a while...  it's one of the reasons we don't have a second Amex Vonboy in the house at the moment.

Is the language in the Chase T&C also? If not, get Amex, then get Chase. 

I’d check, but I am lazy as well.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines