Credit Please

Reported to EWS, Account closed 20 years ago

This type of stuff only happens to me.

So, 20 years ago I had a 2 piece account and my account was closed at least to my knowledge. 

I have had several accounts with credit Unions since then with no issues. 

For the the record I have a strong hate for Trad Banks, so I never apply and never had the desire.  I have not had an Traditional account for more than 20 years, so I’m more than confident that opening an account with PNC will be smooth.

Nope, I was rejected and immediately ordered my EWS, the rep went over my report over the phone with me, I requested email report, but I digress.

She said the banks name, she verified the opening month and year 1997 the checking was closed in 1999 and said they closed the savings account in 2015. 

I did not receive a statement for these 20 odd years. How can I manage an account I know nothing about? 

I need to dispute this, but not sure how to approach it.  They reported me 20 years ago waited 15 years and reported me for the same account.

How should I approach this dispute?

Posted (edited)

Dispute the accounts with EWS as "obsolete". The FCRA sets a 7.5 year negative reporting period after the account BECAME and REMAINED negative.

After the account went negative and was charged off, was there any other activity (payments, account reopened, etc.)

Edited by tmcgill

They can only report for 7.5 years from the date the account became and stayed negative.  Dispute as obsolete and keep us updated on your progress.