Kat58

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan jail cell

3 hours ago, TheVig said:

I'm sure he's in hell. However I believe a lot of people just got a pass.

A certain high profile news commentator mentioned the possibility Epstein was "offed" in jail to protect those 1%-ers that he has the dirt on

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

A certain high profile news commentator mentioned the possibility Epstein was "offed" in jail to protect those 1%-ers that he has the dirt on

It is possible. But I'll get back to that in second paragraph. My first thought is.. good. And he's getting a pass in hell if he did what they say he did. His suicide is a strong indicator of guilt to me. The media was just in the midst of the feeding frenzy and they will be disappointed their oxygen got cut off.

My second thought was about that man in Ohio that got convicted of like 1100 or more counts of rape and kidnapping for three women in a house over 17 years, some kind of story I had a very hard time believing (you can't devise an escape through a window and flag someone, anyone, down, after not long, those horrible things? Hey. But that not the focus of this post) and then was found dead by suicide a day or two after the televised sentencing. Riiiiiiiiiight.

Edited by Lander
Televised and sentencing got strung into one word, so I edited the post, hopefully the grammar police can appreciate this.

You have to suppose it is possible that Trump put out a hit on him, but nobody at the prison would take the job on account of Trump having a history of not paying his vendors.

1 hour ago, Sidewinder said:

You have to suppose it is possible that ⚠️ put out a hit on him, but nobody at the prison would take the job on account of ⚠️ having a history of not paying his vendors.

FTFY

2 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

You have to suppose it is possible that Trump put out a hit on him, but nobody at the prison would take the job on account of Trump having a history of not paying his vendors.

Keep the politics out of this...only warning.

this goes for everyone, not just quoted poster.

The sad takeaway from this is that the only reason anyone cares about a suicide in prison, aside from the immediate family, is if it is a high-profile inmate.  They occur all to frequently yet get next to no media coverage.  They extract a toll on staff that can never properly be addressed and they take a toll on other inmates, especially if it was a situation where it was not a single-cell housing environment. 

He's now in the witness protection program. A year or two from now someone will ID him working at a Kum & Go in Nebraska somewhere.

1 hour ago, TheVig said:

He's now in the witness protection program. A year or two from now someone will ID him working at a Kum & Go in Nebraska somewhere.

Nah. He would be shipped off to SE Asia where Epstein can set up shop and serve his 1% clients from Bangkok.

My tinfoil hat says this is just more blood on the hands of someone who was found on the flight logs 20+ times. It's unfortunate that, with him gone, all the connections may never be known. But at the same time, most of Hollywood is guilty of the same thing and they're in plain sight, so would it really change anything?

Politics do affect many aspects of our lives, and it is a shame that the subject cannot be discussed in a civil manner on this board. However, we found through difficult experience, that it is impossible. We made a decision at that point not to allow political discussions on CB.

We will not revisit that decision, as I have said numerous times. Those of you who joined after that debacle will not likely understand, since we have put all those posts in an archived forum, and they are not accessible to the general membership. We have no plans to make those posts available in the future. You will just have to accept what we say. We tried it, it didn't work. CB enjoys a strong sense of community. The "family" atmosphere, the feeling that one's thoughts and feelings will be accepted without judgment, is central to our success. The political discussions bring out the opposite in those individuals who feel a need to convert others to their political views, and those who feel a need to fight back against such individuals.

As a result, CB has not only adopted a "politics neutral" stance, we have established a standing rule that any subject which is political in nature, or leads to a politically oriented discussion, cannot be discussed here. That is why these threads will be closed, and the participants redirected.

In some cases you may see a thread closed when it borders on political topics, but has not yet taken a turn in that direction. That's because, in our experience, we know it will take that turn in the near future. Occasionally, some members feel a need to test the boundaries (a psychological phenomenon well-known in internet communities), by "baiting" other members into a political discussion. Others innocently post a subject they feel warrants discussion, and inadvertently open Pandora's box. We don't try to decide which is which, we just close the threads. It is not personal.

If we had our way, we would be able to debate the subject sensibly. Occasionally, someone brings up the question of the owner's political views. We owners do not all agree on politics. It is not an issue that divides us, however. Our focus here is the board, and the welfare of the board, not our political views.

We do not get into debating the merits of a particular thread, if we did, we would be putting ourselves in a very difficult position, and we have more important things to do. So, if your thread gets closed, there is no point in arguing about it. We've already been there and we're not going back.

This rule, and the other hard-and-fast rules we have established over time on CB, have proved to be a strong basis for our success. We will always maintain the sense of community and our emphasis on the things we have in common, rather than the things that divide us.