Mimimimimimi

Phone verification

I just got a credit card from 53 for 5k and activated it on my cell. I tried to make a purchase and it declined so I called and verified the transactions, but they wanted to send me a code to a phone in my name I don’t have a phone that’s in my name. Is their a way that I can connect the phone I have to my name immediately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, :angel:breeze:angel: & MarvBear

Im confused how can you get a credit card with someone elses phone number? When you apply you are supposed to supply a phone number in your own name? Also what is 53?

1 hour ago, IvyMgmt said:

Im confused how can you get a credit card with someone elses phone number? When you apply you are supposed to supply a phone number in your own name? Also what is 53?

Fifth/Third Bank maybe?

1 hour ago, IvyMgmt said:

Applications do not require a phone be in the name of the consumer.  This isn't like registering a phone for calls from a prison.  The creditor asks for a home number and a work number.  Some ask for a mobile number.  But I have YET to see an application that had language mandating that the number be in the name OF the consumer...

Posted (edited)

Sporadically there have been threads about Capital One giving customers grief when their mobile phones aren't in the customer's own name.

A few years ago I had an issue with Capital One and  2FA with my mobile number because my phone is one of thousands on my employer's master mobile plan, and my name is nowhere on the account.  

This was annoying for a short time but there was a workaround by using email instead of text.

Then the issue went away and I forgot about it until right now.

Edited by cv91915