Jump to content

Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.


Sign in to follow this  

Where to go from here

Recommended Posts

I've NEVER had a personal appointment with an officer after an online application, even with the small local bank with whom I do my primary banking business.  If I want a personal appointment or more immediate action, I go INTO the branch.  Ditto on what used to be the Exxon credit union back in the 80's before they re-branded and expanded their membership base (I ditched them when they changed their mission and grew larger than I prefer in an lending institution). 

 

It is simply not reasonable to expect immediate results in a holiday window of time.  I'd be wary of pushing them too hard or it becomes easier for them to just deny and be done with the app...give the people burning vacation hours at the end of the year time to do their job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dare I ask which CU?  And my dad was not a member of NFCU at the time, but I was eligible due to his service.  They randomly select some to provide a DD214 of the relative (I was not selected, but I have a copy of his if I ever get called to provide it).  I saw the prior posts from way back saying otherwise, but at least as of the last year, that has not been the case in my personal experience.  Not sure if that's a YMMV thing, but they told me it wasn't the case, and the site shows familial eligibility too:  https://www.navyfederal.org/membership/become-a-member/eligibility.php

 

NFCU or PenFed might be better suited for the goal that you're trying to accomplish in this case.  I think the NFCU Platinum has a no-BT fee 0% offer for 18 months.  And with them tending towards generous limits, might be the path I'd recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Roger on your journey and making great progress!

11 hours ago, Zanshiro said:

Dare I ask which CU?  And my dad was not a member of NFCU at the time, but I was eligible due to his service.  They randomly select some to provide a DD214 of the relative (I was not selected, but I have a copy of his if I ever get called to provide it).  I saw the prior posts from way back saying otherwise, but at least as of the last year, that has not been the case in my personal experience.  Not sure if that's a YMMV thing, but they told me it wasn't the case, and the site shows familial eligibility too:  https://www.navyfederal.org/membership/become-a-member/eligibility.php

 

NFCU or PenFed might be better suited for the goal that you're trying to accomplish in this case.  I think the NFCU Platinum has a no-BT fee 0% offer for 18 months.  And with them tending towards generous limits, might be the path I'd recommend.

 

This! I'm not sure if NFCU was a "no-go" from your father not wanting join? Or if they denied your eligibility?

 

I was actually able to sign up even though my Grandfather was several years decesead at the time, with a copy of his DD214; He was never a member of NFCU. I went into the branch and it was no problem. If you don't have branch access I think you can do it over the phone. I pasted the steps on their site:

 

BzHwlW.jpg

 

NFCU has been a god-send giving me my first unsecured card when I had so so scores (600-650), and still a collection or two on my report. I was also able to get a 25K Auto Loan approval last year with around a 610.

 

I agree with others that if you can get in, they will probably do you right. I think you may even be able to get a personal loan from them to help you escape the 25%er. some of their rates:

 

https://snipboard.io/fBJ6aj.jpg fBJ6aj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, centex said:

I've NEVER had a personal appointment with an officer after an online application, even with the small local bank with whom I do my primary banking business.  If I want a personal appointment or more immediate action, I go INTO the branch.  Ditto on what used to be the Exxon credit union back in the 80's before they re-branded and expanded their membership base (I ditched them when they changed their mission and grew larger than I prefer in an lending institution). 

 

It is simply not reasonable to expect immediate results in a holiday window of time.  I'd be wary of pushing them too hard or it becomes easier for them to just deny and be done with the app...give the people burning vacation hours at the end of the year time to do their job. 

I haven't pushed at all, I will give them time to do their job. The two times I've used them in the past it was a simple phone call and asked  to come in to a branch to do paperwork, done deal in a few hours. They were also a lot smaller of an operation back then, I guess i was expecting something similar this time. 

If i dont hear anything by the end of the week i will give them a call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theRbro said:

Congrats Roger on your journey and making great progress!

 

This! I'm not sure if NFCU was a "no-go" from your father not wanting join? Or if they denied your eligibility?

 

I was actually able to sign up even though my Grandfather was several years decesead at the time, with a copy of his DD214; He was never a member of NFCU. I went into the branch and it was no problem. If you don't have branch access I think you can do it over the phone. I pasted the steps on their site:

 

BzHwlW.jpg

 

NFCU has been a god-send giving me my first unsecured card when I had so so scores (600-650), and still a collection or two on my report. I was also able to get a 25K Auto Loan approval last year with around a 610.

 

I agree with others that if you can get in, they will probably do you right. I think you may even be able to get a personal loan from them to help you escape the 25%er. some of their rates:

 

https://snipboard.io/fBJ6aj.jpg fBJ6aj.jpg

My father did not want to join, I never bothered with an application. I will have to look into it further after reading the last couple replys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an email from the Lender last night asking for  pay statements and info on what i was planning to consolidate/refinance. 

will update when i hear more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RogerK08 said:

Got an email from the Lender last night asking for  pay statements and info on what i was planning to consolidate/refinance. 

will update when i hear more.  

That says the ball is rolling in the right direction.  Hopefully, if approved, they don't condition it upon a closure of the accounts where balances are being paid through the loan (yes, some consolidation lenders DO include that stipulation). 

 

If you have not yet done so, you might want to put together a spreadsheet that shows what is outstanding and how this consolidation changes those balances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, centex said:

That says the ball is rolling in the right direction.  Hopefully, if approved, they don't condition it upon a closure of the accounts where balances are being paid through the loan (yes, some consolidation lenders DO include that stipulation). 

 

If you have not yet done so, you might want to put together a spreadsheet that shows what is outstanding and how this consolidation changes those balances. 

I already have one made up with everything i owe down to the penny. This also includes totals on minimum monthly payments etc...

I applied for the payoff amount of the 25% personal loan i currently have plus a couple hundred extra dollars. I didnt add any of the credit card debt into this. Im hoping to be able to qualify for a 0% BT card in the near future to knock that debt out quickly. 

Edited by RogerK08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well 3 business days have come and gone since i sent the info the credit union requested and haven't heard anything back. They had a black Friday loan sale that ended yesterday, only thing i can imagine is they were waiting for that to be over to make decisions.  Who knows though, just weird to me that an establishment who has given almost instant decisions in the past has drug this one out for over a week. 

Some good news though, when making my paypal credit payment i hit the luv button and recieved a CLI for over double my current limit. Which took my utilization for 85% to 40%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RogerK08 said:

Well 3 business days have come and gone since i sent the info the credit union requested and haven't heard anything back. They had a black Friday loan sale that ended yesterday, only thing i can imagine is they were waiting for that to be over to make decisions.  Who knows though, just weird to me that an establishment who has given almost instant decisions in the past has drug this one out for over a week.

This blows but maybe they are moving slow because of the holiday. If they don't work out I hope you do look elsewhere and do not get discouraged by them.

 

3 hours ago, RogerK08 said:

Some good news though, when making my paypal credit payment i hit the luv button and recieved a CLI for over double my current limit. Which took my utilization for 85% to 40%

Big time congrats!!!! This is great news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RogerK08 said:

Well 3 business days have come and gone since i sent the info the credit union requested and haven't heard anything back. They had a black Friday loan sale that ended yesterday, only thing i can imagine is they were waiting for that to be over to make decisions.  Who knows though, just weird to me that an establishment who has given almost instant decisions in the past has drug this one out for over a week. 

Some good news though, when making my paypal credit payment i hit the luv button and recieved a CLI for over double my current limit. Which took my utilization for 85% to 40%

It could very well be due to the size/security of the loan. 
 

A friend of mine is the chief credit officer of a small credit union (they have four locations) - he is the only individual with Individual approval authority In the entire organization - he can approves autos up to $75, boats/campers, etc up for $50k and personal loans up to $5k.  Anything higher than that has to be approved by their “loan committee” which meets every Wednesday but if that falls on a holiday, they do niot meet at all that week.  So in theory someone could apply on a Thursday the week prior to a holiday and not have a loan decision made for nearly two weeks and the still possibly be waiting for the loan officer to call them with the decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, gerray said:

It could very well be due to the size/security of the loan. 
 

A friend of mine is the chief credit officer of a small credit union (they have four locations) - he is the only individual with Individual approval authority In the entire organization - he can approves autos up to $75, boats/campers, etc up for $50k and personal loans up to $5k.  Anything higher than that has to be approved by their “loan committee” which meets every Wednesday but if that falls on a holiday, they do niot meet at all that week.  So in theory someone could apply on a Thursday the week prior to a holiday and not have a loan decision made for nearly two weeks and the still possibly be waiting for the loan officer to call them with the decision. 

Interesting info, I didn't even think of that. The CU Im dealing with is roughly the same size so it makes perfect sense. 

Luckily for me waiting this long really doesn't effect what i am trying to accomplish, I wouldn't be happy if this was a time sensitive matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RogerK08 said:

Interesting info, I didn't even think of that. The CU Im dealing with is roughly the same size so it makes perfect sense. 

Luckily for me waiting this long really doesn't effect what i am trying to accomplish, I wouldn't be happy if this was a time sensitive matter. 

 

Just my take:  You apply the day before Thanksgiving.  They get back to you with a document request the following Wednesday pm, and as of yesterday (Saturday) you're impatient for a response. 

 

From your posts here, you're not "really happy" even when it's not a particularly "time sensitive" matter.  In fact, my perception is that it's driving you just a little "batty".  Take a chill pill.  Do you really think they had a full staff the weekend post TG?  It wouldn't surprise me in the least that your Wednesday afternoon app was set aside for the most pressing business until Monday (making a Wednesday response very reasonable).  If you responded the same pm with the requested docs, yeah ... it would have been nice if they had gotten back to you Friday.  But under no circumstance would I be in the least concerned until Monday had come and passed.

 

Bottom line (for me):  If you're going to do a loan app of any type on a holiday week, get it in first thing Monday (and then still be prepared for a delay in getting a response).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got a response 

 

Application was denied due to high DTI 

so back to the original question of where to go from here. 

I have roughly 7k in CC debt and a little over 9 on that loan all of this is subprime in the 20-30% range.


my main objective is to get this all paid off as soon as possible at as low of a rate as possible

 

not sure if i mentioned it earlier but the loan is secured with a boat that now has major mechanical issues that i will not be fixing at this time. The boat is still worth 3-4k as it sits. So it would be very beneficial to me get rid of the loan and sell the boat. 

any suggestions are welcomed

thank you for all your help and criticism so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RogerK08 said:

Finally got a response 

 

Application was denied due to high DTI 

so back to the original question of where to go from here. 

I have roughly 7k in CC debt and a little over 9 on that loan all of this is subprime in the 20-30% range.


my main objective is to get this all paid off as soon as possible at as low of a rate as possible

 

not sure if i mentioned it earlier but the loan is secured with a boat that now has major mechanical issues that i will not be fixing at this time. The boat is still worth 3-4k as it sits. So it would be very beneficial to me get rid of the loan and sell the boat. 

any suggestions are welcomed

thank you for all your help and criticism so far. 

 

On 11/21/2019 at 4:24 PM, cv91915 said:

I'm not current on the best ones, but there are numerous options out there.  
 

Look for the longest 0% duration you can find and the lowest transfer fee ($0 is obviously ideal).

 

Hopefully someone with recent experience will post specific recommendations.

 

Sorry about the decline. :(

 

I think we're back to paying down your utilization until you can get a couple of solid BT cards.

 

You might also look at some of the online personal loan companies, but most of them charge a hefty origination fee that may make it not worthwhile... depends on how much time you need to pay everything off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up applying with Prosper this morning to try to get rid of the 25% loan.

Applied this morning, approved this afternoon. Money will be in my account in 1-4 business days. 

11.5% for 3 years, In comparison to my old loan my monthly payment will go up 7 dollars and will be paid off 14 months earlier saving me roughly $3500 over the life of the loan. Plus i will be able to sell the boat, 

This is a huge win for me, next step is to knock down my CC utilization some more and hopefully get a 0% BT card to knock out  that debt out.

 

Edited by RogerK08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, cv91915 said:

 

 

Sorry about the decline. :(

 

I think we're back to paying down your utilization until you can get a couple of solid BT cards.

 

You might also look at some of the online personal loan companies, but most of them charge a hefty origination fee that may make it not worthwhile... depends on how much time you need to pay everything off.  


Well i had a pre approval from Citi for 0% for 9 months so i said screw it and applied... Approved with a measly $500 limit, not exactly what i was looking for but no interest and no fees for the transfer. im hoping i can do this over and over with the 500 and save a little money but im not sure... good news is they only pulled EQ

I also decided to look at the apple card, went through the pre qualification on my phone and was approved for 4k, Sure wish citi would have given me that limit. I havent gotten any notifications yet for a hard pull from this application but we will see. Im not sure if the apple card is even reporting to any of the bureaus yet, if they arent hopefully soon. 

I also managed 2 big CLI's on cards with high utilization, I only have 1 card left over 68% which will be under that mark next statement. 

I think i may be done with apps for awhile and see what CLIs i can get. Im hoping Disco will give me some love once i get past 90 days. Ive spent about 10x my limit on it in the 2 months ive had it paying in full weekly. 

I got the funds from prosper yesterday and immediately paid off the 25% loan 


Ive taken HUGE steps forward compared to where i was a year ago, cant wait to see what next year brings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RogerK08 said:


Well i had a pre approval from Citi for 0% for 9 months so i said screw it and applied... Approved with a measly $500 limit, not exactly what i was looking for but no interest and no fees for the transfer. im hoping i can do this over and over with the 500 and save a little money but im not sure... good news is they only pulled EQ

I also decided to look at the apple card, went through the pre qualification on my phone and was approved for 4k, Sure wish citi would have given me that limit. I havent gotten any notifications yet for a hard pull from this application but we will see. Im not sure if the apple card is even reporting to any of the bureaus yet, if they arent hopefully soon. 

I also managed 2 big CLI's on cards with high utilization, I only have 1 card left over 68% which will be under that mark next statement. 

I think i may be done with apps for awhile and see what CLIs i can get. Im hoping Disco will give me some love once i get past 90 days. Ive spent about 10x my limit on it in the 2 months ive had it paying in full weekly. 

I got the funds from prosper yesterday and immediately paid off the 25% loan 


Ive taken HUGE steps forward compared to where i was a year ago, cant wait to see what next year brings. 

Some nice steps forward.  Congrats on the progress (which never seems to go fast enough!!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Some nice steps forward.  Congrats on the progress (which never seems to go fast enough!!).

x 2!

 

OP:  remember that credit is a long game and not get frustrated with the process!   As you hit milestones on the cards with high utilization (open 6 months, 1 year etc.) I would suggest seeking CLI’s with them to lower the utilization as well. 

 

as others have stated with your fathers prior military affiliation you will qualify for NFCU membership without him having an account with them - however, you would not qualify for USAA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last month I have gotten a few CLI's from Sync and Comenity store cards. Also picked up 1 more card. 0% on purchases and BT's for 15 months, It had a 2k SL which allowed me to BT the balances from the rest of my horrible cards i got when my score was horrible. It had a 4% BT fee but ill save that in a month with the fees and interest from the bottom feeder cards gone. 


Score took a hit this month with all the new accounts and the 2 BT cards reporting nearly maxed out as well as the balances they paid off still reporting. But thats alright, it will rebound in the near future, 

I only have a few car payments left, once its paid off i can put a real dent in the rest of my debt. 

 

Edited by RogerK08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RogerK08 said:


Score took a hit this month with all the new accounts and the 2 BT cards reporting nearly maxed out as well as the balances they paid off still reporting. But thats alright, it will rebound in the near future, 

I only have a few car payments left, once its paid off i can put a real dent in the rest of my debt. 

 

keep on working it! Check out the new parameters of FICO 10t which will potentially punish people who carry debt loads over time. (just another reason to get out of your hole). 👋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quick update:

Everything is basically the same, mid 680s across the board score wise.

I had to run up a few cards during the covid shutdown when i was laid off waiting for unemployment to kick in as well as $2500 in unexpected vet bills but those have all been paid back down. 

Ive gotten a few small CLI's from store cards but Cap 1 and Disco still hate me and deny me every month. I run 2-3x the limit through Disco each month paying in full multiple times, still havent paid them a dime of interest, Not sure what it takes to get them to give me a boost. 

My car will be paid off next month, i plan to use that money to knock down more debt then hopefully get a good deal on a new truck at the end of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RogerK08 said:

quick update:

Everything is basically the same, mid 680s across the board score wise.

I had to run up a few cards during the covid shutdown when i was laid off waiting for unemployment to kick in as well as $2500 in unexpected vet bills but those have all been paid back down. 

Ive gotten a few small CLI's from store cards but Cap 1 and Disco still hate me and deny me every month. I run 2-3x the limit through Disco each month paying in full multiple times, still havent paid them a dime of interest, Not sure what it takes to get them to give me a boost. 

My car will be paid off next month, i plan to use that money to knock down more debt then hopefully get a good deal on a new truck at the end of the year. 

Don't get discouraged, you're doing the right things, just stay the course.  Once you get the debt knocked out and the bad items get older/age off you'll be getting much better options than Cap1 and Discover and you can chuck them to the sock drawer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By MarvBear
      A "backdoor number" is one that gets you past frontline CSR's directly to Credit Analysts / Credit Departments / Account Managers / Account Specialists (different lenders call 'em different things) - these people/departments have decision-making abilities far beyond frontline CSR's; they can take and review requests for reconsideration of denied CC apps or CLI requests, APR reductions, etc. and implement their decisions.
       
      I can continuously update this first post with the latest information if everyone will post to this thread.  I'll make the change and acknowledge.  We truly appreciate your participation.
       
      Amazon (store card): see Synchrony (GE)
      AMEX:                      (Oasis Program)
      AMEX: 866-314-0237 (new app status)
      AMEX: 800-582-6471 (recon with frozen EX for pin)
      AMEX Business charge cards - (877) 399-3083
      AMEX Credit Bureau Unit: 800-874-2717 (Must have a current credit report before calling. They will ask for the account number from the credit report, which is different from your card number)
      Barclays: 888-232-0780 (Customer Care)
      Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)
      BBVA Compass Bank: (American Express Card issues only) 866-246-2924
      Best Buy: 877-420-0001
      Best Buy: 888-908-9890 (Credit Analyst, existing accounts only)
      BofA: 888-260-4696 (secured accts.)
      BofA: 800-824-5895 (secured & partially secured accts.)
      BofA: 800-881-4730, 866-226-8225, 800-247-7975 (Credit Analyst, existing accounts only)
      BofA: 866-618-4585 (Sr Credit Analyst)
      BofA: 704-386-5687 (Office of the CEO)
      BofA: 888-500-6270 (Credit Dept. Fax)
      BofA Business: 877-665-5023 (Analyst/UW)
      BofA Business: 877-665-5023 (New applications)
      BofA Business: 800-442-1043
      Cap1: 800-625-7866 (Account Specialist)
      Cap1: 800-951-6951 (cust. relations)
      Cap1: 800-548-4593 (application department; status)
      Cap1: 800-889-9939, 800-625-7866 (Account Specialist)
      Cap1: 877-513-9959 (Account Retention?)
      Cap1: 800-258-9319 (Debt Recovery)
      Cap1: 866-280-0118, 800-955-1455 (EO) (Nerfed in general)
      Cap1 Secured Platinum: 800-219-7931 (deposit taker, can speak to credit analyst)
      Chase: 800-432-3117 (App status)
      Chase Personal CC Recon 888-270-2127
      Chase Business CC Recon 800-453-9719
      Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card lending)
      Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)
      Chase: 800-955-9900 (Product change status questions)
      Chase: 888-298-5623 (Consolidation - M-F 8am-10pm EST)
      Chevron/Texaco Biz Card App Status: 888-243-8358
      Citi: 800-645-7240, 800-288-4653 (Citi Business)
      Citi: 800-750-7453 (Business)
      Citi 888-201-4523 (Personal)
      Citi: 718-248-0847 (EO)
      Citi: 800-695-5171 (New Accounts UW)
      Citi: 605-331-1698 (EO - CC division)
      Citi Credit Bureau Dispute Fax: 866-713-5028
      Comenity: 800-303-1368 (Consumer Relations - Recon)
      Discover: 888-676-3695 (New Accounts)
      Discover: 866-305-7691 (Direct Line TO CS)
      Discover: 866-222-0536 (EO)
      Elan: 800-364-9648 (CC underwriting, business and personal)
      Equifax: 800-846-5279 (Direct to Rep)
      Equifax Executive Office 404-885-8000
      Experian: 800-493-1058, 800-208-9232 (9AM-5PM ET, need report number from EX)
      ExxonMobil Biz Card: 800-903-9966
      FIA: See Elan
      FNBO: 800-444-6220
      GEMB: 877-294-7541 (escalated help desk)
      Haverty's/Sync: 800-333-1082
      Home Depot Store Card: 800-677-0232 (Credit Analyst)
      Home Depot Store Card: 423 467 6957 (App Status/Recon)
      Home Depot MC (Commercial): 800-720-0649
      Home Depot: 800-685-6691 (Commercial)
      Hooters: 801-545-6705, 800-850-4668
      HSBC: 866-574-4421 (App Status)
      HSBC: 866-719-3897 (Credit Analyst)
      JC Penney: 800-542-0800
      Juniper: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)
      Juniper/Barclays: 866-750-6031 (Corp. Offices)
      Key Bank: 888-201-4523 (App status)
      Key Bank: 800-254-2737
      Key Bank MC: 800-288-4653
      Key Bank Credit Research Fax: 216-357-6400
      Lowes: see Synchrony (GE)
      Macy's: 800-627-2909 (Credit Dept. - new credit, inquiries on upgrade to Visa, credit reporting issues)
      Macy's: 800-543-9617 (Recovery Services)
      Marvel: see Synchrony (GE)
      Meijers MC: 801-517-5560
      National City: 800-762-0974 (Credit Dept.)
      Nationwide Visa: 866-757-2720 (App. status)
      Nordstrom: 800-964-1800 (CLI)
      Orchard: 800-395-6090 (May get answered in Spanish by bilingual CSR's. If this happens and you don't speak Spanish, either try again later or try saying "Habla ingles?" or "Ingles, por favor" to let them know you're an English-speaker)
      Philips 66: 866-289-5630, 800-610-1961
      PNC Bank: 800-762-2117 (Business CC)
      PNC Bank: 877-562-0150 (Business UW)
      Sam's Club: 800-301-5546 (Underwriting)
      Sears: 800-599-9710 (App status)
      Shell Fleet Card: 800-223-3296 (App status)
      Shell: 800-223-3296, 866-438-7435
      Shell: 800-377-5150
      Staples: 800-767-1291, 800-282-5316
      Sunoco Corp. Card: 800-935-3387, 800-278-6626
      Sunoco: 800-310-4773
      Synchrony (GE): 800-240-0512, 800-480-0205 (Biz)
      Synchrony (GE): 800-588-4290 (Consumer)
      Synchrony (GE): 877-379-8175 (Sr UW)
      Synchrony (GE): 888-885-6937 (Verification)
      Synchrony (GE): 800-333-1082 (Haverty's)
      Synchrony (GE): 866-519-6441 (Marvel CC, Sr UW)
      Target Biz Card: 800-440-5317
      Tiffany: 800-770-0800
      Transunion: (312) 466-7719 (Corporate Office Resolution Team Voicemail)
      Transunion: (610) 546-4600 (Corporate Office, need extension or last name to search directory)
      USAA Bank Secured Platinum: 800-344-5696 ext 38763 (secured product specialist)
      US Bank: 800-685-7680 (Underwriting)
      US Bank Secured Platinum: 800-344-5696 (underwriters for secured product)
      Valero: 877-882-5376
      Walmart (Sync): 877-379-8175 (Sr UW)
      Walmart (Sync): 877-969-5302 (Verification)
      Wells Fargo: 866-677-1128 (CC Executive Office)
      Wells Fargo: 844-576-6424 (Executive Office)
      Wells Fargo: 877-514-3717 (Amex Propel Credit Svcs)
      Wells Fargo: 844-879-4824 (Direct # for Product Change Credit Svcs)
      Wright Express: 888-743-3893   
       
    • By apsman
      Hello, I am a long time member but I have been away for a long time. I am looking for some advice or just opinions that I am doing the right thing!
       
      To start I am looking to buy a home by the end of the year!
       
      My Current Situation:
      AMEX: Opened Feb 2012 / Balance $0 / Limit: $6700 / One 30 Day Late Payment
      Barclays: Opened Oct 2019 / Balance $387 / Limit $1000 / No Lates
      Capital One: Opened Dec 2010 / Balance $202 / Limit $5750 / One 30 day(Feb 2019), One 60 Day Late (March 2019)
      Discover: Opened June 2020 (0% Balance Transfer) / Balance $9343 / Limit $9500
      Kohls/CAPONE: Opened Oct 2016 / Balance $0 / Limit $3000
       Merrick Bank: Opened June 2011 / Balance $0 / Limit $3300 / 30 Day Lates (Oct & Nov 2018) - 60 Day Late Dec 2018 - 90 Day Late Jan 2019
      Nordstrom: Opened Nov 2012 / Balance $0 / Limit $5800 / No Lates
      THD/CBNA (Home Depot) Opened June 2011 / Balance $2000 / Limit $6000 / No Lates
      CLOSED: PNC Credit Card Opened Jan 2016 / Closed Dec 2018 Legally Paid in full for less than the full balance Lates: (2017) Aug 30days - Sept 60days - Oct 60 days- Nov 90 days (2018) Jul 30 days - Aug 60 Days - Sept 90 Days - Oct/Nov 120 Days
      CLOSED: SYNCB/LAZBOY: Opened DEC 2014 Closed Oct 2017 Good history no negatives
      CLOSED: NOT REPORTING NOW: Credit Union CC Balance $8500 with late pays (I am sure this will show up when i least expect it)
       
       AUTO Loan:
      US BANK Opened April 2020 Good History
      - I have 5 closed Auto Loans with perfect history
       
      Student Loans:
      - Balance $7410 Good History
      - Balance $6165 Good History
      - CLOSED: Good History
       
      Personal Loans:
      - CLOSED: One Main Financial this loan was paid in full in 3 months!
       
      401k Loan:
      $9500 - Auto Pay through pay checks does not show on credit report
       
      -------
      Now you know my current situation: I just did the balance transfers on the Discover and it has increase my FACO score a large amount. I am thinking of taking a personal loan from my bank to pay off my 401k loan. I would then be able to take out a larger loan to pay off all my revolving debt and have it automatically taken from my pay checks at a 5% interest rate. I would normally leave the balance on the discover card at 0% but that ends in 14 months which I do not know if I would have it paid off in time. As I said i am looking to buy a house before the end of the year. Should i go forward with this process?
       
      Why I am thinking of the 401k loan...
      1) I like the idea that I have a very low interest rate and that interest actually goes back into my 401k
      2) I know the debt will be paid off in 60 months
      3) If god forbid i lose my job the loan is paid off by my 401k (I know this sucks but it does protect me)
      4) this will clear up my credit report of debt and maybe increase my credit score more
       
      I have a plan in place to not run up credit cards again. we are living will within our means now and not running up debt but actually slowly paying it off with high interest. It will go even faster with low interest rates! The way I figure I will be saving an average of $400 a month in interest alone!
       
      Please give me your honest opinion on what I should do!
       
      -Apsman-
       
    • By Humbled82
      Hello Credit Board
       
      I am newbie to this forum, but have been lurking for a while. I had recently pulled my credit report and I am having major issues with my student loans. Apparently I have loans that have been transferred \ sold and now are with a new company. The original loan was open back in the 2000's but they are still showing on my credit report. I am not sure how I can have these removed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
       
      Thank you in advance
    • By idonthaveaname
      I just wanted to share my strategy. I've written them many many good will letters and always get the generic response. I decided to message them on Facebook and I got an actual human in the states who responded the same. I then replied with a true sob story and the guy said he could remove 1 late payment from each card. This will change my life so much and hopefully raise my score. I just wanted to to share with you guys who might have issues with comenity
    • By Jhono235
      I have a Sprint collection  with a hefty amount that is reporting with Source RM, the only collection on my file. Dofd is 12/2018. It was originally passed to Convergance, and most recently Source RM. I DV'd Source RM and received bills and a contract for a financed phone. Is this sufficient validation? Also, should I just leave this alone until the sol passes and then work to get it removed? Also how will the merger with T-Mobile affect my ability to get this removed?



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      178,887
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    LJELLIOTT30
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines