Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

1. pacemaker67

2. MarvBear

3. cv91915

4. hegemony

5. Kat58

6. theRbro

• Similar Content

• By chickenfritata
      Hi everyone, just looking for some advice...

I'm in the last year of my 20s and have a very high debt in general. I blame my past self since after getting my first job, I was blinded by approvals of several credit cards and used them like cash. I would like to start my journey to a better credit score, especially since my 30s will probably consist of buying a home and having children with my fiance.

Not really sure where to start... I'd like to start bringing down my debt but I feel so overwhelmed with everything that I have to pay for. I currently keep track of my money using a spreadsheet, but that doesn't mean anything if I don't actually try to pay off the debt I have... I recently paid off my Chase CC balance (that's why it's 0 right now) and an installment loan around $2,500.

Would it be better to pay the closed accounts first (at least the ones accruing interest), or pay off the balance in my open accounts? Any advice would be helpful, thank you!

With that being said, here are my stats:

Credit scores
      Experian - 565 | Equifax - 582 | Transunion - 587

Current monthly bills - ~$1240, including payments below
      Monthly salary - min $2,500
      *New job that just started this month; previously, I was earning around $1,200 a month
      Current savings - $3,000

OPEN CC ACCOUNTS
      Chase - 0 (balance) / 500 (limit) @ (23.15%) min payment: $25
      Capital One Quicksilver - 1,519/1,500  @(22.90%) min payment: $44
      Capital One Platinum - 2,230/2,250 @ (22.90%) min payment: $70

CLOSED CC ACCOUNTS
      Bank of America - $2,110 @ (21.24%) min payment: $70
      Barclays - $920 @ (21.24%) min payment: $30
      CareCredit - $1,200 (under hardship assistance, interest no longer accruing) min payment: $22
      Nordstrom  - $1,915 (under hardship assistance, interest no longer accruing) min payment: $22
      PayPal - $1,083 (under hardship assistance, interest no longer accruing) min payment: $25

Student Loans
      Sallie Mae - $25,000 (deferred payment, only paying $25 a month)
      Fed Loans - $16,000 (forbearance due to COVID19)
    • By burghdude
      In reviewing my Equifax report, I noticed 4 accounts that have comments saying "Payment is payroll deductible."  3 of the accounts are closed and charged off credit cards.  The 4th is open and being paid as agreed with never any lates.  It is clearly not an error in reporting by the creditors because it shows like this on each account (with different dates):
      04/2016 Payment is payroll deductible
      08/2016 Payment is payroll deductible
      02/2017 Payment is payroll deductible

I am 100% Positive I have no judgements against me that would enable a credit card debt to be payroll deductible.  Is this an effort on behalf of the creditors to further damage my credit by making it appear that an there has been a judgement against me for a particular debt when that has never actually occurred?  I've done extensive searching online and haven't found any answer as to why this comment appears.

• By DebtFreeIn04
      Long time lurker,  now ready to participate!  Just paid off 25k of 120k debt.  11k stupid installment loan from penfed, and 14k credit card debt. CC debt utilization down to 62%. No other debt except mortgage.  (Just paid off only auto loan) have 5 student loans 5k balance.  

I'm hoping to have CC debt paid in under 4 yrs I'm going after highest int rate cards first. Any other wisdom or ideas about how to handle my credit profile ?

Is my utilization too high to start requesting no inquiry CLI's? Thanks 
    • By cautious
      Out of the blue I get a bill for $126.58 from Convergent.  It says it is on behalf of Cox.  I have no outstanding bill with Cox, am completely paid up with zero balance.  I have never received a call or a previous communication from Cox or Convergent.  Are they sending little bills to Convergent hoping people will pay them since the amounts are too small for Cox to deal with? 
      Confused.
    • By cubu
      Hi everyone.  I have a few baddies on my report listed below.  Any advice one how to tackle them would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

This auto loan is reported as included in Bk on EX but not on TU and EQ.

This collection account is from an apartment I was living in a few years ago.  It is reported as included in Bk on EX but not on TU and EQ.  I am still getting letters and phone calls from the collection agency.

This account is from Credit One.  It is sold to LVNV Funding for collection.

These two charge offs from Cap One and Discover have not been sold to collections.

I currently have the funds to pay for delete or settle for less and then dispute later on.
      Any advice on how to tackle these will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    HallFinancial
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines