Sign in to follow this  
Scott65

My credit repair journey

Posted (edited)

I have gotten the copies of my credit reportI have only medical derogatory entries on my credit reports and am going to try and get them removed.

I had no insurance at the time and didn't apply for any assistance.

They were all from an accident I had in Feb 2014.

Experian: 3 collection accounts. 1 paid, the other 2 seem To be duplicates with different account numbers?

Equifax: Same 3 accounts

Transunion: Same 3 accounts plus 2 others

I have gotten the 3 copies of my credit reports April 26, 2019.

I have opted out and am preparing the letters to get old addresses (and a misspelling of my name) removed.

I believe these can be regular printed letters, but I would like to confirm!

My question is: Can this letter be typed and printed in regular ink? Or should this one be in blue ink and handwritten?

Thank you for any guidance.

Edited by Scott65

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, :angel:breeze:angel: & MarvBear

Sorry, had a medical issue in August and it kinda put things in limbo for a moment for me.

Everything turned out good as far as that goes! (Thank god!)

I did mail the CRA's the initial dispute letters beforehand.

Experian - The one paid account was removed. The two other accounts were verified and remain

Equifax - all 3 accounts removed! YES!

TransUnion - 2 accounts remain (Same ones on Experian report)

The weird thing is that the 2 accounts that are on Experian and TransUnion are for the same amounts and for the same creditor, but are different CA's for each report?

One is:  Experian

CREDIT BUISNESS SERVICES

711 EGLIN PKWY E. FORT WALTON BEACH, FL 32547 (866) 368 9887

The other is: TransUnion

COLLECTION BUREAU OF FT WALTON BEACH

PO BOX 4127 FT WALTON BCH, FL 32549-4127 (866) 368 9887

Same phone number though?

Getting ready to send the CAs the medical DV letters. I am assuming I would send letters to each address per the CRAs they are reporting to.

Would I include both account numbers in one letter? Or write 2 letters, one for each account?

Send the reporting CAs the medical DV 1 letter to each CA for each CRA they are reporting to.

You can send letters for 2 or more CRAs to a CA in the same envelope IF the CA addresses are the same, otherwise you will need separate mailings and matching separate follow up disputes. 

Use the account # and address for the CA exactly as shown on the report you are referencing.

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

You need to make sure that your follow up dispute to each CRA includes a copy of "their" referenced report.

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

In the following part of the medical DV, what does PM# mean or refer to?

Your Name
123 Your Street Address
Your City, ST 01234

ABC Collections

123 NotOnYourLife Ave

Chicago, IL

Date: _________ PM#____________

Re: Acct # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

Edited by Scott65

Sent follow up dispute to each CRA.

Before they received them, I got a response from both Experian and TransUnion that both accounts were verified as accurate.

Edited by Scott65

The response you received was likely from your initial dispute letter---unless you somehow sent the CRAs the medical DV instead of the CAs

TransUnion finally removed the last 2 accounts! TransUnion now also clear of collections!  Score jumped 43 points!

Experian.... still haven't heard anything. They both did just receive the follow up disputes on the 16th.

Edited by Scott65

September 24th, Experian disputes are now open.

Your dispute should be completed by Oct 17, 2019.

This is what Experian said about my dispute:

The dispute for the account with C B S that starts with 1XXXXXXX was not changed as a result of our processing of your dispute.The company that reported the information has certified to Experian that the information is accurate.

Never heard from the CBS....

Results of the complaint with the CFPB was a long explanation of why their investigation was sufficient for what was required of them and the complaint was closed. Collection accounts remain.

Edited by Scott65

Give it a few Months and try an on line dispute as "obsolete" state account was incurred prior to November 2012