Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

Your Car Reveals Your Credit Score

Tesla drivers have the highest credit scores, with an average of 740 on the 300-850 scale – just breaking into the very good credit range (740-799). Used Teslas have the highest average value ($54,234) of the models studied, but Tesla drivers generally have a higher income. They can afford higher payments.

Porsche drivers had the second highest average credit score (727), while Lexus drivers came in third at 699. Volvo drivers and Audi drivers followed with average credit scores of 698 and 697 respectively. Land Rover (695), Subaru (691), Mazda (690), Jaguar (687), Acura (686), and BMW (686) round out the top ten.

A mean value credit score, with a standard deviation of something like +/- 100, doesn’t reveal crap.

9 hours ago, hegemony said:

Tesla drivers have the highest credit scores, with an average of 740 on the 300-850 scale

Auto-enhanced FICO 8 goes to 900.

Posted (edited)

My former neighbor, indicted for medicare fraud by the Feds, bought a Tesla right afterwards. Probably to salve his many troubles. He had multiple judgments for big $ in the public records as well. I rather doubt his credit score was over 700. But since the survey was based on auto loan apps, it's probably not representative. Lots of people, especially Tesla drivers, don't take out loans on them.

OTOH, my car is over 10 years old and no immediate plans for upgrading.

Edited by cashnocredit

I drive a CPO 2017 Hyundai Elantra (admittedly top trim level, but that's what was available).

My score is routinely over 800.

Anecdote != data, but a plethora of them might.

Posted (edited)

Dont look on my IP Dude). Im living more than 10 years in California. I know what I say.

Edited by Garrygb

1 hour ago, Garrygb said:

Im Ukranian with American citizenship. Are you racist?

I'm Bear, Citizenship with the animal kingdom.   I will admit to being partial to other bears of all colors and regions.   I also like Cubs, Otters, and Wolves.

Are you stupid?

3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Which car do you use to figure out your credit score?  We currently have four, and two of them suck.

You average the hottest and suckiest ...

22 hours ago, Garrygb said:

I think admin this forum have small eggs...how old are you boy?

If you don't like the admin or staff here, the door is on the right, don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out.  We'll even give you a full refund.