hegemony

Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

20 hours ago, direct said:

Just curious, for those that have made a payment on your Apple Card balance...How long before the available credit is updated.?

I now see what you mean. Even though my payment was credited, my available balance has not updated. No biggie, as I'm just talking about a $17 purchase on a $8,500 credit line. The payment was already deducted from my checking account. They probably delay updating your available credit until they're sure the payment went through.

I did get notified of my first statement. I downloaded it. No account number on it, no place to mail in a payment, with text saying you pay using the Wallet app.

4 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I now see what you mean. Even though my payment was credited, my available balance has not updated. No biggie, as I'm just talking about a $17 purchase on a $8,500 credit line. The payment was already deducted from my checking account. They probably delay updating your available credit until they're sure the payment went through.

I did get notified of my first statement. I downloaded it. No account number on it, no place to mail in a payment, with text saying you pay using the Wallet app.

You can use BillPay to make a payment.  At least with Shittybank, they have GS Bank as a biller in their system.  My payment posted overnight. 

On 8/31/2019 at 10:08 AM, direct said:

Just curious, for those that have made a payment on your Apple Card balance...How long before the available credit is updated.?

I just made a $123 payment, using the Wallet function, on my statement that issued yesterday and my balance was immediately reflected as $0 and my available credit restored to my full credit limit.  

We can safely conclude that Apple and GS Bank are vegetarians and dislike Burgerwars.  

Edited by PotO

1 hour ago, PotO said:

I just made a $123 payment, using the Wallet function, on my statement that issued yesterday and my balance was immediately reflected as $0 and my available credit restored to my full credit limit.  

We can safely conclude that Apple and GS Bank are vegetarians and dislike Burgerwars.  

Aren't people who only eat Apples fruitetarians?  As of this morning my total credit limit hasn't been bumped up by my payment.

On another board this morning I was asked if I've tried the new Impossible Whopper at Burger King. It's not made from meat. I haven't tried it. Maybe if I submit photographic proof to GS Bank/Apple eating one, they'll update my available credit faster.

Edited by Burgerwars

2 hours ago, PotO said:

I'm not sure why some people are seeing the full credit limit restored and others are not.  It's been 3 days since the payment cleared my bank but still not restored.  It's not a big deal for me either, but details like this can make a difference.  Citi makes the credit available immediately and so does Amex but other cards usually take a day or two.

The $242 I paid was reflected in Hedge, Pot description. Perhaps these updates to your account are associated with each individual credit line, over $10,000, or may not be, or just millions of cardholders' overwhelming payment methods associated with Goldman Sachs' random handling at the time. Of course, it is just a speculative description.

2 hours ago, MP80 said:

The $242 I paid was reflected in Hedge, Pot description. Perhaps these updates to your account are associated with each individual credit line, over $10,000, or may not be, or just millions of cardholders' overwhelming payment methods associated with Goldman Sachs' random handling at the time. Of course, it is just a speculative description.

SNwighM.png

6 hours ago, direct said:

I'm not sure why some people are seeing the full credit limit restored and others are not.  It's been 3 days since the payment cleared my bank but still not restored.  It's not a big deal for me either, but details like this can make a difference.  Citi makes the credit available immediately and so does Amex but other cards usually take a day or two.

It definitely is a mystery.  

Perhaps after you've made a couple of payments they will start restoring credit limits immediately.  Just a guess, though.  

1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:

Cute.  

Tempting.  

CV should get one.  It will look cute along with his grandmother's pink-flowered jacket.  He should wait until one of his neighbors order one then he can steal it.  

Edited by PotO

On 8/3/2019 at 9:24 AM, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I just wonder how many millenials will be torn between "OMG must have the latest thing from Apple" and "OMG it's the Devil in Goldman Sachs!"

This partnership is Goldman Sachs way of getting even with millennials.

42 minutes ago, TheVig said:

This partnership is Goldman Sachs way of getting even with millennials.

more likely with boomers given the need to understand technology newer than 1994 as well as the inter-generaltional wealth transfer that is jeopardizing millennials' futures.

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

more likely with boomers given the need to understand technology newer than 1994 as well as the inter-generaltional wealth transfer that is jeopardizing millennials' futures.

With any luck, millennials will go extinct.  

1 hour ago, StantheMan said:

What about this one.

That ho is a nutjob.  

15 hours ago, PotO said:

I like titanium.  

I've got a titanium dive watch that I bought about 9+ years ago that has been through hell, yet still looks new.  

I really like all of my Ti products (no credit cards) and especially my knives! PotO is probably the only other person on CB with a Ti knife from Mission: http://www.missionknives.com/index.php/why-titanium

21 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I really like all of my Ti products (no credit cards) and especially my knives! PotO is probably the only other person on CB with a Ti knife from Mission: http://www.missionknives.com/index.php/why-titanium

One of the best things is that it is really easy to clean dried blood off of it ... and there's no corrosion.   😎

On 9/1/2019 at 6:41 AM, Burgerwars said:

To follow up: My available credit did update today. Six days after making a payment.