Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:57 PM, gerray said:

Card came in a white Apple embossed card stock holder with the card tucked away neatly inside.

Hehehehehe! Are you saying something like this looks elegant and futuristic? Who do you think will grudgingly respect at these design innovations?

GBOV1sA.jpg

7 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

An update: My package is now in Sylmar, CA. I'm thinking it flew out of Long Beach Calif. Airport,  arrived in Louisville, Kentucky and was then flown to Burbank, CA. Delivery is still scheduled for Monday. The type of service the package is sent is UPS 2nd Day Air. This now makes sense. They send a package that shouldn't leave Los Angeles County using UPS 2nd Day Air, so UPS sends it by air.  😕

Yeah, if I were you, I know exactly how this impulse of excitement drives a person. Oh, my pleasure has disappeared, the thrill is gone, but you are in suspense mode. I hope you enjoy the continuation of ecstasy until Monday. Subsequently, I hope that one day I can return to this intense feeling again. :wave:

Got my invitation today and applied and was approved.  The application process was simple and fast, but I had to scan the front and back of my driver's license as part of the application process -- I've never had to do that for a credit card application before.  Approval was quick, just a couple of minutes.  Hard pull on TU.  Initial credit line is lower than I expected, based on what others have posted.  I have no late payments and no derogatory trade lines, and my credit history is pretty long, but all of my active accounts are relatively young, and I have a few new accounts that are less than two years old, one of which is less than six months old.  I can't think what else might have contributed to the lower than expected limit.  But the limit is high enough for what I plan to use the card for, and I can ask for a CLI down the road when my open accounts have aged a bit more.

I just received the physical card today via UPS 2nd day.  It took exactly 1 week to arrive.  It's deft the sharpest and cleanest card design of all cards out there.  I will probably not use it because of the rewards being 1% vs 2% if you use Apple Pay but it's a nice conversation piece. lol

5 hours ago, direct said:

I just received the physical card today via UPS 2nd day.  It took exactly 1 week to arrive.  It's deft the sharpest and cleanest card design of all cards out there.  I will probably not use it because of the rewards being 1% vs 2% if you use Apple Pay but it's a nice conversation piece. lol

Excellent depictions!!!

All products provided by Apple have been carefully designed and distributed. This is a top creative credit product, which is why the description I posted before was like a  raving lunatic.  Hahaha!!!  :lol:

7 hours ago, Burdell said:

Got my invitation today and applied and was approved.  The application process was simple and fast, but I had to scan the front and back of my driver's license as part of the application process -- I've never had to do that for a credit card application before.  Approval was quick, just a couple of minutes.  Hard pull on TU.  Initial credit line is lower than I expected, based on what others have posted.  I have no late payments and no derogatory trade lines, and my credit history is pretty long, but all of my active accounts are relatively young, and I have a few new accounts that are less than two years old, one of which is less than six months old.  I can't think what else might have contributed to the lower than expected limit.  But the limit is high enough for what I plan to use the card for, and I can ask for a CLI down the road when my open accounts have aged a bit more.

So posted, according to the release info, CreditBoards has at least four members, and I know that these members have a minimum starting credit line of $10,000 and one distinctive member has a maximum of $40,000.  Some folks with very low initial credit lines are described on another website as low as $250/$500/$750, and average applicants have a starting credit line of $2,500-$7,500. Not sure what SL is the low SL you are portraying.

10 hours ago, Burdell said:

Nice story, but rather useless unless you state what precisely your lower-than-expected limit is.  

5 hours ago, PotO said:

Nice story, but rather useless unless you state what precisely your lower-than-expected limit is.  

per CP $8,500

I would have told GS to FOAD if that was my offer

Here's another feature of the Apple Card that hasn't been given any attention.  Not only are you able to use the account via Apple Pay immediately upon approval and acceptance vs waiting for the card to arrive, but if the card is compromised, lost or stolen you can immediately shut it down, order another card and change the card number all from within the wallet app.

7 hours ago, hegemony said:

per CP $8,500

I got the same limit. My FICO is about 820 or so on Transunion with several inquiries in the past year.

My card finally arrived today. Eight days. Actually it came yesterday but UPS required a signature and I wasn't home. It was then sent to a UPS pickup location at a dry cleaners about a mile from my house. I went there to get it.

9 hours ago, hegemony said:

per CP $8,500

Wrong way to look at it, Hege.

If I had thought that way with CapOne, I wouldn't now have a > $100k CapOne card.

There's a reason why they gave him $8.5k.  A real credit pro would find out why, fix the issue and push the card up w/ CLIs as often as possible. 

42 minutes ago, Rogue said:

^^^Another thread filled with more nonsense from cv......

Just wait until she starts stealing your mail. 

10 hours ago, Rogue said:

^^^Another thread filled with more nonsense from cv......

The rubber gloves were a bit much.  I mean, it's just watermelon...

11 hours ago, hegemony said:

Quote:

"If your titanium Apple Card comes into contact with hard surfaces or materials, it's possible that the coating can be damaged."

I guess that means forget about using your card, as just the action of sliding your card into a card reader (chip or magnetic strip) will gradually damage it.  All cards that I use eventually look worn.  The only way to prevent damage to your precious Apple Card is to go to the Louvre, head to the Mona Lisa, and ask museum personnel if you can store your card with Mona in her protective display case.  😕

Edited by Burgerwars

The key is to be prepared when your card arrives. You will need a clean pair of cotton gloves and a quality display case.

Before choosing a display case you need to decide whether or not to display your Goldman Sachs Apple Card in its original Elegant Card Stock. Separating them will reduce collectors value, but some prefer to mount the Card so both obverse and reverse are visible.

An interesting alternative is to choose a larger trophy case and display your Card vertically atop the Elegant Card Stock for maximum visibility.

Remember, NEVER handle your Apple Card without gloves! The acid oils in your fingerprints will mar the finish. Prepare a clean working surface and have your display case ready BEFORE you unseal the package.

61fa5IZAS9L._SL1024_.jpg

9 hours ago, hegemony said:

"Dumb" question.

If you wrap a skin around your smartphone to protect it, you can still use your phone while it's inside. If you wrap a credit card in a skin, can you do the same? I say no, unless this skin is nothing but Scotch tape, and then your card gets all sticky. A small increase in the thickness of your credit card will cause it to get stuck in the card reader. You'll need a crowbar to get it out, that the merchant won't be happy about. 

Edited by Burgerwars