hegemony

Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

6 hours ago, hegemony said:

I'm out of the county and so far in two counties I am apple card 2 subprime discovery 0. one more county to go to finish my research :)

ETA: and even though I told BOA where I was going to be it keeps declining charges even though I have confirmed them as mine. so much for BOA "travel" rewards.

Chase, UNFCU, citi, and amex havn't said a peep.

FTFY

P.S.  Your BOA experience along with AX, Citi and Chase mirrors mine. 

Following up...I used the Apple Card account today to buy an app. Was approved with no issues.  No email from Apple or Goldman so I think if you lock your TransUnion account immediately after approval which is a soft pull, there will be no reperucussions when the hard pull is denied.

3 hours ago, direct said:

Following up...I used the Apple Card account today to buy an app. Was approved with no issues.  No email from Apple or Goldman so I think if you lock your TransUnion account immediately after approval which is a soft pull, there will be no reperucussions when the hard pull is denied.

Cool but I learned one day late.  :(

Anyway, eventually I'll need to buy an Apple device, probably a compatible iPad version, to support Apple Pay/Apple Credit Card, to get the account off my work phone. My Apple ID does send text messages to my Android phone, so there's no requirement that needs to be on the same phone.

I can't believe I'll need buy something Apple. I would tell people to promise to shoot me if I did something an iSheep would do, because something would be wrong with me. Apple created this insidious plan to force you to own an Apple device if you want their credit card.

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2019 at 4:46 PM, PotO said:

There's a "static" account number you can see in your Wallet, but you can change that number any time you want.  When you do, you'd better update your BillPay.  If you don't, I'm sure they can still determine where the money goes, but it might take them a while.  Kind of turdy to get a late payment over a pencil when they delay In posting the payment to your account. 

I did see that in the Wallet.  I don't think it's possible to change the account number on your physical card via their Wallet app, as that data is embedded in the chip and magnetic strip.  On a receipt, you'll probably just see the last four of that number.  For everything, one would need to read the magnetic strip.

I'm hopeful there is an actual address to pay your bill.  I wouldn't use it unless every other method failed, but I don't know of any other credit card issuer that wouldn't accept a mail payment.  Somewhere at Goldman Sachs they must know.  😕

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209228

Edited by Burgerwars

6 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I did see that in the Wallet.  I don't think it's possible to change the account number on your physical card via their Wallet app, as that data is embedded in the chip and magnetic strip.  On a receipt, you'll probably just see the last four of that number.  For everything, one would need to read the magnetic strip.

I'm hopeful there is an actual address to pay your bill.  I wouldn't use it unless every other method failed, but I don't know of any other credit card issuer that wouldn't accept a mail payment.  Somewhere at Goldman Sachs they must know.  😕

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209228

There is a physical address you can use to pay your bill, but why would you need it when BillPay payments are generally sent electronically?  I tried a BillPay payment from $h!tybank to GS and it posted within a few hours.  I sent it using the card number given in the Wallet.

As for the "real" account number, I suppose you will have to get a magnetic stripe reader or else get GS to tell you.  In a couple of days I will use the physical card to make a purchase and compare the last four digits on the receipt with the number in Wallet.

18 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

Cool but I learned one day late.  :(

Anyway, eventually I'll need to buy an Apple device, probably a compatible iPad version, to support Apple Pay/Apple Credit Card, to get the account off my work phone. My Apple ID does send text messages to my Android phone, so there's no requirement that needs to be on the same phone.

I can't believe I'll need buy something Apple. I would tell people to promise to shoot me if I did something an iSheep would do, because something would be wrong with me. Apple created this insidious plan to force you to own an Apple device if you want their credit card.

You aren't an iSheep.  More like iRat.  😂

17 hours ago, MP80 said:

My Apple card arrived today and was delivered by FedEx overnight. It is really fast!!!

Was it shipped from a company named EWA INC by chance?   I got a notification today via email (I am signed up for FedEx delivery manager) that EWA INC is sending me a package via FedEx two-day air (I am across the country from California).   It puzzled me at first because I viewed the companies website and they are an electronics warfare company that specialize in essentially spy technology and I have not placed any recent online orders for anything. I am assuming maybe they got the Apple contract to make the titanium cards (if that is indeed what they are sending me).

hmm... they are offering me 10k with 12.99 and I said no thanks.. low CL, sucky rewards and no web interface if I move away from apple products...

2 hours ago, gerray said:

Was it shipped from a company named EWA INC by chance? 

Something like this...

ORIGIN ID: TOAA
ATTN: MAIL DESK
AI

3150 E. ANA STREET

RANCHO DOMINGUEZ, Ca 90221
UNITED STATES US

Inv#: XXXXXX
PO#: CEWARXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XXX

If you have an Apple Watch, it needs to be on the latest version of the firmware for the Apple Card to work on it and the original Apple Watch is not compatible with the Apple Credit Card.

About my card shipping: I applied Monday in the late afternoon. I got a notice on the Wallet app that my card has shipped today (Thursday) by UPS. The UPS tracking site says I should receive my card tomorrow (Friday).

Edited by Burgerwars

8 minutes ago, Burgerwars said:

About my card shipping: I applied Monday in the late afternoon. I got a notice on the Wallet app that my card has shipped today (Thursday) by UPS. The UPS tracking site says I should receive my card tomorrow (Friday).

This is credible and the timing is accurate. FedEx people arrive at your doorstep at 9 am.

Although your shipment will be UPS delivery.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:21 AM, Krish said:

hmm... they are offering me 10k with 12.99 and I said no thanks.. low CL, sucky rewards and no web interface if I move away from apple products...

A good credit whore never turns down a trick.  😀

5 hours ago, MP80 said:

This is credible and the timing is accurate. FedEx people arrive at your doorstep at 9 am.

Although your shipment will be UPS delivery.

In UPS tracking, the card shows it shipped from Los Angeles and then made it to a UPS facility in Long Beach. I live in the San Fernando Valley. No huge distances here, it's just stuff doesn't go in the most direct route.

34 minutes ago, Burgerwars said:

In UPS tracking, the card shows it shipped from Los Angeles and then made it to a UPS facility in Long Beach. I live in the San Fernando Valley. No huge distances here, it's just stuff doesn't go in the most direct route.

My Apple Card is also from the Los Angeles area, very close to Los Angeles International Airport.

A postal transport company that carries so many titanium credit cards to the receiving destination must spend a lot of money. Goldman Sachs' advanced shipping. High-class!

Edited by MP80

17 hours ago, MP80 said:

My Apple Card is also from the Los Angeles area, very close to Los Angeles International Airport.

A postal transport company that carries so many titanium credit cards to the receiving destination must spend a lot of money. Goldman Sachs' advanced shipping. High-class!

I am not kidding you, but my package that is being sent from Los Angeles to Northridge, CA the UPS site now says is in Louisville, Kentucky after being in Long Beach, CA. What???? Delivery is now scheduled for Monday the 18th.

1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:
18 hours ago, MP80 said:

I am not kidding you, but my package that is being sent from Los Angeles to Northridge, CA the UPS site now says is in Louisville, Kentucky after being in Long Beach, CA. What???? Delivery is now scheduled for Monday the 18th.

I have encountered more or less UPS shipping delays in the past. There is some kind of entanglement in this process, but it is not familiar. Here is just speculation that some employees on both sides may have forgotten something. But, in general, you will get it soon. I know that FedEx is awesome.

Mine was delivered today via FedEx.  Card came in a white Apple embossed card stock holder with the card tucked away neatly inside.  I’ve got to admit, the card is a little beefier/heavier than I expected and white.  I was expecting it to have a brushed aluminum appearance but titanium based on the promo photos, but it’s titanium (you can see it on the edges) with a white powder coated finish.

Edited by gerray

4 minutes ago, gerray said:

Mine was delivered today via FedEx.  Card came in a white Apple embossed card stock holder with the card tucked away neatly inside.  I’ve got to admit, the card is a little beefier/heavier than I expected and white.  I was expecting it to have a brushed aluminum titanium finish based on the promo photos, but it’s titanium (you can see it on the edges) with a white powder coated finish 

Yep, it's cool, awesome sauce!  :D

For those curious the Apple Card weighs just shy of 15 grams and a traditional/normal credit card is just shy of 5 grams.  (Non scientific results using a standard oxo kitchen scale).

39 minutes ago, gerray said:

For those curious the Apple Card weighs just shy of 15 grams and a traditional/normal credit card is just shy of 5 grams.  (Non scientific results using a standard oxo kitchen scale).

When you weigh the Apple Card you need to include the phone.

On 8/16/2019 at 4:50 PM, MP80 said:

I have encountered more or less UPS shipping delays in the past. There is some kind of entanglement in this process, but it is not familiar. Here is just speculation that some employees on both sides may have forgotten something. But, in general, you will get it soon. I know that FedEx is awesome.

An update: My package is now in Sylmar, CA. I'm thinking it flew out of Long Beach Calif. Airport,  arrived in Louisville, Kentucky and was then flown to Burbank, CA. Delivery is still scheduled for Monday. The type of service the package is sent is UPS 2nd Day Air. This now makes sense. They send a package that shouldn't leave Los Angeles County using UPS 2nd Day Air, so UPS sends it by air.  😕