Jump to content

hegemony

Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Occam said:

I wouldn't be caught dead with a 17.99% APR!!! What would your friends on MF & Facebook think?!?

 

The only logical thing to do is switch to Android and sell your computer.

Haha... APR doesn't matter to me, I pay it in full every month. my perspective is credit cards are a tool for me, and others may come to different conclusions. In other words, a grain of rice feeds a hundred different people.  :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

I didn't read it during the app.  I wonder if I can find in somewhere.

 

myfico shows my Fico 9 is 850 and Fico Bankcard Score 9 is 868. (TU)

 

I don't think they use any FICO Score.  They gave me an 845 with a range of 350 - 850.  My FICO 8 is 831.  

 

Where can I find FICO 9?

 

Not sure where you can get that PDF with your Score now.  It must be available somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MP80 said:

Congratulations on your approval!!!

 

Thank you for your praise! Because of the excitement, I was too anxious to click submit and not care about other things. I believe my TransUnion score is 796.

 

You are doing great!

 

We have to remember to hit the credit limit increase button here in a few months.  I wonder if it will be a soft inquiry for CLIs.

 

I know what you mean about the excitement.  I was really surprised by the pre-approval and I almost missed the PDF file with the score in it.  But as it is, in addition to being Mr. Mean, I am also usually Mr. Anal Retentive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hegemony said:

congrats!!! I apologize I don;t have a "you nailed it" meme to post in every approval post :(

Congratulations on your approval!!!  

 

No need to apologize. Hehehe, there is a bit of imitation of the indiscriminate information related to our screenshots, and there is a huge gap in our starting credit line. In fact, you have beaten all applicants on the Apple Card SL in the credit forum community.  :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PotO said:

Where can I find FICO 9?

Penfed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Occam said:

Penfed

 

Barf.

 

I dumped those Pharaohs years ago.  I've spoken with their CEO several times and each time my respect for the Army dropped a notch.  Were he in my unit, I wouldn't let him spit-shine my boots.  

 

** Disclaimer:  I'm going out of my way, as a promise to Marv, to try to be extraordinarily un-mean and to lay off the hard language for a while.  It's really dif...f...icult and if we discuss PenF...ed any longer I may have to go postal.  

Edited by PotO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PotO said:

 

Barf.

 

I dumped those Pharaohs years ago.  I've spoken with their CEO several times and each time my respect for the Army dropped a notch.  Were he in my unit, I wouldn't let him spit-shine my boots.  

 

** Disclaimer:  I'm going out of my way, as a promise to Marv, to try to be extraordinarily un-mean and to lay off the hard language for a while.  It's really dif...f...icult and if we discuss PenF...ed and longer I may have to go postal.  

Also Wells Fargo (EX 09).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Occam said:

Also Wells Fargo (EX 09).

 

Thank you.  I like WF.

 

Yeah, I know I'm crazy.  I promised Marv I'd try to be un-mean, but I didn't tell him I'd try to give up crazy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PotO said:

You are doing great!

 

We have to remember to hit the credit limit increase button here in a few months.  I wonder if it will be a soft inquiry for CLIs.

 

I know what you mean about the excitement.  I was really surprised by the pre-approval and I almost missed the PDF file with the score in it.  But as it is, in addition to being Mr. Mean, I am also usually Mr. Anal Retentive.  

Thank you! Mr. Mean or shall I say Mr. PotO. LOL...  :wave:

 

I logged into CreditBoards this afternoon and saw that you and Hege were approved. I was a little shocked by the facts on the Reddit website and other credit forums. I did not see the applicant's high credit line. Just through yesterday's data points, I saw that all applications have a credit limit of no more than $10,000. Therefore, I have the motivation to apply.

 

Both you and Hege are attractive factors that appeal to my desire to apply. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MP80 said:

Thank you! Mr. Mean or shall I say Mr. PotO. LOL...  :wave:

 

I logged into CreditBoards this afternoon and saw that you and Hege were approved. I was a little shocked by the facts on the Reddit website and other credit forums. I did not see the applicant's high credit line. Just through yesterday's data points, I saw that all applications have a credit limit of no more than $10,000. Therefore, I have the motivation to apply.

 

Both you and Hege are attractive factors that appeal to my desire to apply. Thanks!

 

I never intended to apply either after reading the data points Daddy Hege posted.  I never figured I'd be pre-approved, either, since I almost never get pre-approvals.  

 

But when I checked my Apple Wallet to see if the Apple Card was open for general sign-up and saw the pre-approval, I figured what the heck.  The worst that could happen is that I'd get yet another inquiry and a terrible limit.  Then I'd just cancel the card.  I never expected $20k.  

 

When I saw my FICO and the CL, I figured accepting was good.  It could be a card that I won't cancel too quickly, especially since I can probably get up to $40k+, like Dad.  

 

You will go a long way at this game if you stick with Credit Boards.  Pay careful attention to what Daddy Hegemony says and does and you will do well.  I wish Mindy, Juggs and Konrad were still around.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PotO said:

 

I don't think they use any FICO Score.  They gave me an 845 with a range of 350 - 850.  My FICO 8 is 831.  

 

Where can I find FICO 9?

 

Not sure where you can get that PDF with your Score now.  It must be available somewhere.

PotO -

 

You know this! You can get your Equifax FICO 9 from Navy, the only question is how closely your EQ and TU scores track....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rogue said:

PotO -

 

You know this! You can get your Equifax FICO 9 from Navy, the only question is how closely your EQ and TU scores track....

 

Thank you!  I forgot all about that.

 

My EQ and TU are usually the same.  It's EX that is weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 1000% not an iSheep but I plan to apply for this card.  I don't have an iPhone (I have an Android Samsung Galaxy 10e) but do have a work issued iPhone that I hate.  Last night I made sure it had the latest IOS version.  It does and the Wallet app shows.  I initialized it with my personal email address for the iCloud (I already had an iTunes account), since the Apple ID on that phone is my work email, that I don't want linked to my Wallet or any new Apple Credit Card.  I signed-up earlier to be notified when I can apply, but the Wallet shows nothing yet.  I read if I click the plus symbol in the corner of the Wallet app, it will show that I can apply for the Apple Card, but all it shows now is asking to add new cards to the app, which I have none.

 

So I now need to wait.  😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PotO said:

You will go a long way at this game if you stick with Credit Boards.  Pay careful attention to what Daddy Hegemony says and does and you will do well.  I wish Mindy, Juggs and Konrad were still around.  

Well said, well said!
Good Lord! We need them back!

 

BTW- I read some applicants who commented on the increase in credit lines through the internal director (supervisor) of Goldman Sachs and were told that they would not discuss the CLI six months before the account was opened.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MP80 said:

Well said, well said!
Good Lord! We need them back!

 

BTW- I read some applicants who commented on the increase in credit lines through the internal director (supervisor) of Goldman Sachs and were told that they would not discuss the CLI six months before the account was opened.
 

 

6 months seems about right.  Hope it's a soft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PotO said:

 

6 months seems about right.  Hope it's a soft.  

I'm betting a lot of CLI decision will be based on how much you whore-out apple spay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I'm betting a lot of CLI decision will be based on how much you whore-out apple spay

 

I wouldn't be surprised.

 

And I may not be getting a CLI.  So far using the Apple Card has proven turdish, at best.  It's touted as a no FTF card, but I cannot get it to link to my overseas iPhone even though running the same Apple ID.  

 

Went to dinner and actually ally brought my US cellphone just to use Apple Pay.  It wouldn't work with the Apple Card.  

 

WTF good is a no FTF card that can't be used overseas anyhow?  Suppose I need to wait for the metal card and carry it with me.  Screw that.  

 

I'll be be home in Vegas next week for a month.  Let's see how it goes then.  If it doesn't improve, I'll melt that sucker down and pour it into a penis mold and send it to Cook.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hegemony said:

WHO IS CALLING TO ASK FOR A LOWER APR???????!!!!!

Hege, so far, only one or two people have an annual interest rate of 12.99%, and one of them has a credit limit of less than $7,000. This person earns more than $130,000 a year, but the credit score is about 715, which is a bit of a surprise to me. Mr. Pot and my credit status are much better than the above applicants. It is hard to understand that our APR value is 5 points higher. How Goldman Sachs' computer algorithms consider loans is esoteric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PotO said:

 

I wouldn't be surprised.

 

And I may not be getting a CLI.  So far using the Apple Card has proven turdish, at best.  It's touted as a no FTF card, but I cannot get it to link to my overseas iPhone even though running the same Apple ID.  

 

Went to dinner and actually ally brought my US cellphone just to use Apple Pay.  It wouldn't work with the Apple Card.  

 

WTF good is a no FTF card that can't be used overseas anyhow?  Suppose I need to wait for the metal card and carry it with me.  Screw that.  

 

I'll be be home in Vegas next week for a month.  Let's see how it goes then.  If it doesn't improve, I'll melt that sucker down and pour it into a penis mold and send it to Cook.  

I'll be doing some intl testing the next two week. I was going to test my subprime discovery card but I've decided the jury is in on that turd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I'll be doing some intl testing the next two week. I was going to test my subprime discovery card but I've decided the jury is in on that turd.

 

Let me know when you are free and I'll invite you to a cheap Chinese food dive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:

I'm 1000% not an iSheep but I plan to apply for this card.  I don't have an iPhone (I have an Android Samsung Galaxy 10e) but do have a work issued iPhone that I hate.  Last night I made sure it had the latest IOS version.  It does and the Wallet app shows.  I initialized it with my personal email address for the iCloud (I already had an iTunes account), since the Apple ID on that phone is my work email, that I don't want linked to my Wallet or any new Apple Credit Card.  I signed-up earlier to be notified when I can apply, but the Wallet shows nothing yet.  I read if I click the plus symbol in the corner of the Wallet app, it will show that I can apply for the Apple Card, but all it shows now is asking to add new cards to the app, which I have none.

 

So I now need to wait.  😴

 

Right now I think they are still just doing the pre-approvals.  When people start getting e-mails then it should mean it's open to all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Applied yesterday and got 15,000 with 12.99% APR.... My FICO is around 800 and I make 175K a year. I'm here looking to see what others received in their offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Fallon
      Fallon
      Age: 39
    2. flipper27
      flipper27
      Age: 41
    3. curt62
      curt62
      Age: 57
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      177,103
    • Most Online
      1,528

    Newest Member
    vice007
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines