Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

8 hours ago, hegemony said:

early approvals posted on redddshit are disappointing

Any links, Hege?   Stats?

You were right to expect disappointment, it seems.  Probably like when Sprint launched their credit card issued by a Eurotrash Czech Republic issuer, Home Credit LLC.  Limits were laughable.  Wife and I shut those turds down really fast.  

30 minutes ago, PotO said:

Any links, Hege?   Stats?

You were right to expect disappointment, it seems.  Probably like when Sprint launched their credit card issued by a Eurotrash Czech Republic issuer, Home Credit LLC.  Limits were laughable.  Wife and I shut those turds down really fast.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleCard/

30 minutes ago, PotO said:

Yup, dismal.  Highest reported is $20k, and that was an outlier. Most under $10k.

If it's a soft, I'll give it a try.  Otherwise, they can FOAD.

soft for approval offer (GS gives an "offer" you still need to accept), then freeze TU... then accept the offer... ;)

58 minutes ago, hegemony said:

soft for approval offer (GS gives an "offer" you still need to accept), then freeze TU... then accept the offer... ;)

No approval offer for me.  :(  

GS only hounds me for their pre-approved $40k personal loan, but not their highfalutin Apple (Turd) Card.  

22 hours ago, hegemony said:

Well, the drama begins ...

Got the pre-approval on my Apple Pay.  Being the diligent Hegemony Disciple that I am, I applied.  Instant approval for $20k.  Hard inquiry on TU.  

Not sure what scoring system Goldman Sachs Bank is using, but on a scale of 350 - 850 they say mine is 845.  Seems like they don't use credit scores much when setting the APR because mine is 17.99% -- not that I give a rat's arse.  The lowest they say is 12.99%.    

They do not seem inquiry or new account sensitive.  I have 8 under a year old on TU.  About ten new accounts.

Edited by PotO

1 hour ago, PotO said:

Got the pre-approval on my Apple Pay.  Being the diligent Hegemony Disciple that I am, I applied.  Instant approval for $20k.  Hard inquiry on TU.  

Not sure what scoring system Goldman Sachs Bank is using, but on a scale of 350 - 850 they say mine is 845.  Seems like they don't use credit scores much when setting the APR because mine is 17.99% -- not that I give a rat's arse.  The lowest they say is 12.99%.    

They do not seem inquiry or new account sensitive.  I have 8 under a year old on TU.  About ten new accounts.

Did they offer the card to you or you just applied?

1 hour ago, IvyMgmt said:

Did they offer the card to you or you just applied?

I actually wonder about that.  I think it was an offer.

I read an article about the Apple Card and I just decided to check my Apple Wallet.  There was a link about Apple Card and I clicked.  It asked a bunch of questions and then came back with a PDF to read with my limit and APR.  It asked if I accepted, and I clicked yes.  Then the congrats screen.

Is Apple Card open to cold apps yet?

3 hours ago, PotO said:

I actually wonder about that.  I think it was an offer.

I read an article about the Apple Card and I just decided to check my Apple Wallet.  There was a link about Apple Card and I clicked.  It asked a bunch of questions and then came back with a PDF to read with my limit and APR.  It asked if I accepted, and I clicked yes.  Then the congrats screen.

Is Apple Card open to cold apps yet?

I am not sure I had to go into my phone and update somethings and then I got an invitation in email.. But I didn't see the invite in my Wallet.. I had to update my software to 12.4 and I did but idk strange things happening today..

7 hours ago, PotO said:

congrats!?!

1 hour ago, MP80 said:

Hey... Hege, Pot, my credit is very small compared to the two of you.  :lol:

4v9ZnUq.jpg

$15k is decent.  I wouldn't go below that, but $15k is respectable.  Daddy Hege has shown us that there is room for CLIs down the road. 

What did they say your credit score was?  

I'm wondering how they determine APRs.  It's no big deal, but I always thought your APR was set according to credit score.  But with an 845 out of 850, that can't be.

7 hours ago, hegemony said:

BOOM GOES THE DYN-O-MITE!!! TOO BAD I'M NOT A MMF MEMBER BECAUSE I COULD BRAGGGG ABOUT MY APRRRRRR!!!!!

yPaKHEa.png

Dad, what did they give you as credit score?

1 hour ago, MP80 said:

4v9ZnUq.jpg

I wouldn't be caught dead with a 17.99% APR!!! What would your friends on MF & Facebook think?!?

The only logical thing to do is switch to Android and sell your computer.

2 hours ago, MP80 said:

4v9ZnUq.jpg

congrats!!! I apologize I don;t have a "you nailed it" meme to post in every approval post :(

1 hour ago, PotO said:

Dad, what did they give you as credit score?

I didn't read it during the app.  I wonder if I can find in somewhere.

myfico shows my Fico 9 is 850 and Fico Bankcard Score 9 is 868. (TU)

Edited by hegemony
add "TU"

shows how much I was paying attention when I applied. I was a couple beers into lunch at Pizza Rock when I applied and didn't read terms. hopefully apple doesn't sew me into a ipadcentipede

Edited by hegemony

2 hours ago, PotO said:

$15k is decent.  I wouldn't go below that, but $15k is respectable.  Daddy Hege has shown us that there is room for CLIs down the road. 

What did they say your credit score was?

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Thank you for your praise! Because of the excitement, I was too anxious to click submit and not care about other things. I believe my TransUnion score is 796.