Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

56 minutes ago, PotO said:

Almost, Hege, almost.  😂

Even you can't get me to app a card with an AF. ;)

Then I saw their other cards are geofenced.  MUFG sure sounds a helluva lot like Mutha Fooking Goofy Union Bank to me.  

0 AF for a year... SUB plus 3x back on 8k in travel then close.

40 minutes ago, hegemony said:

0 AF for a year... SUB plus 3x back on 8k in travel then close.

Ok, tell me more about their approval criteria.

Do they like seeing new accounts?  Credit pimps?  Request docs?

40 minutes ago, PotO said:

How many new accounts you have -- within last year?

3 if you include july 2018 approvals

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

3 if you include july 2018 approvals

Just tried.  No challenge questions.  No instant decision.  No credit pulls.

Not going to deal with whiny little bitch lenders.  Just froze everything to prevent the hit.

My guess is they get the challenge questions from Innovis and I have that frozen for a long time now.  

includes arbitration...

ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF ARBITRATIONCredit is being extended to you and you are being provided access to and use of your Account on the basis of the inclusion of the following arbitration provision. By accepting this Agreement or using your Account, unless you reject arbitration as provided below, you acknowledge that YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE CLAIMS (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND THE RIGHT TO INITIATE OR You hereby knowingly and voluntarily PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BE HEARD IN COURT OR HAVE A on all Claims subject to this Agreement. You further acknowledge that you have read this arbitration provision carefully, JURY TRIALagree to its terms, and are entering into this Agreement voluntarily and not in reliance on any promises or representations whatsoever except those contained in this Agreement.HOW TO REJECT THIS ARBITRATION PROVISIONYOU MAY REJECT THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION BY CONTACTING US USING MESSAGES, CALLING US, OR WRITING TO US, AND STATING THE FOLLOWING: (I) YOUR NAME; (II) THE EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ACCOUNT; (III) THE ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ACCOUNT; AND (IV) THAT YOU ARE EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO REJECT THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION (A "REJECTION NOTICE"). YOUR REJECTION NOTICE MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 90 DAYS AFTER THE OPENING OF YOUR ACCOUNT.IF YOUR REJECTION NOTICE COMPLIES WITH THESE REQUIREMENTS, THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU, EXCEPT FOR ANY CLAIMS SUBJECT TO PENDING LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION AT THE TIME YOU SEND YOUR REJECTION NOTICE. ANY REJECTION NOTICE THAT COMPLIES WITH THIS PROVISION WILL APPLY TO BOTH US AND APPLE. REJECTION OF THE ARBITRATION PROVISION WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR OTHER RIGHTS OR RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION OR THIS AGREEMENT

44 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I just wonder how many millenials will be torn between "OMG must have the latest thing from Apple" and "OMG it's the Devil in Goldman Sachs!"

you assume too much... do you think they really know what GS is?

44 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I just asked a millennial that works for me.  They said GS means "geek sex".  

3 hours ago, hegemony said:

You mean the bank/investment firm that been's referred to as a vampire squid and that calls its customers "muppets"?  I think they're aware. And as much as I'd like to try out the Apple Card, it's enough to give me pause.

1 hour ago, Burdell said:

You mean the bank/investment firm that been's referred to as a vampire squid and that calls its customers "muppets"?  I think they're aware. And as much as I'd like to try out the Apple Card, it's enough to give me pause.

on the other hand... I'd do business with the devil if it improved my financial life.

28 minutes ago, hegemony said:

on the other hand... I'd do business with the devil if it improved my financial life.

We already do. we have Discover cards...

*saying it before someone else does...

28 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

We already do. we have Discover cards...

*saying it before someone else does...

mine is on the chopping block...

31 minutes ago, hegemony said:

mine is on the chopping block...

I have considered it as well, as it is a join account with my wife and I can't even get CLIs online because they need both our authorizations for the request.  For now I just keep it and take the $75/quarter they'll give me with the 5% if it is convenient, but I will be going through a full review/ reshuffle after we close on the new house and I can very easily see this ending up in the scrap pile.

29 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

I have considered it as well, as it is a join account with my wife and I can't even get CLIs online because they need both our authorizations for the request.  For now I just keep it and take the $75/quarter they'll give me with the 5% if it is convenient, but I will be going through a full review/ reshuffle after we close on the new house and I can very easily see this ending up in the scrap pile.

I'm trying to decide in DCU visa, subprime discovery, or Vulture is next to die.

7 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

I have the same issue with joint accounts at BoA, Chase and USAA.  It's a major pain in the butt.  

But on the other hand, these 3 accounts were already very old before I added my sister-in-law and resulted in her very first FICO Score being around 780 with a ten year history.  

7 hours ago, hegemony said:

I'm trying to decide in DCU visa, subprime discovery, or Vulture is next to die.

Start a thread and we will help you decide.

I vote DCU.

9 hours ago, PotO said:

Start a thread and we will help you decide.

I vote DCU.

He already has one...

Agree with your choice.  Maybe convert the CapOne to another card and at least you can take Discovery's $75/quarter.