Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

19 hours ago, StantheMan said:

That's well and good but usually there's a station within shouting distance that's at least .10 cents a gallon cheaper than Exxon/Mobil and also accepts Apple Pay.

I have three vehicles I would never put Arco, 7-11, etc. fuel in. ever.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One day, all cards will be Apple Cards, just as all restaurants will be Taco Bell.

The key is to be prepared when your card arrives. You will need a clean pair of cotton gloves and a quality display case.   Before choosing a display case you need to decide whether or not t

Is Rafalovsky also on Reddit?  Because he's certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed.  Of course the Apple Card is just another credit card, Sherlock.       Also, Sperbank sounds an awful lo

3 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

This, plus I can get 5% on disco (this quarter), 5X points on F5 in certain quarters or 4% on my Costco card all the time, so 3% is not appealing, plus I have to hope that the pump actually works with Apple pay, which is unlikely.

Saturday I redeemed the $10 credit against $25 of spending from Amex, but you had to use the BP app, and it hasn't credited yet, and that was annoying. It didn't want to take my card details (formatted for visa/mc) and I had to get mid-grade and cross my fingers - $26.14.

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

I have three vehicles I would never put Arco, 7-11, etc. fuel in. ever.

That’s certainly a valid point as some brands at lower cost stations use lower quality additives and detergents. At the same time stations such as Valero and Marathon are rated as top tier in those standards.

39 minutes ago, hegemony said:

Path to Apple Card apparently requires up to four months of “personalized steps” and monthly credit reviews. Depending on how the Path is customized for your circumstances, you may be required to make payments on time, lower your debt, and/or resolve past due balances, with the threat of immediate program termination in the event of a new bankruptcy, foreclosure, repossession of secured property such as a vehicle, or an account either going to collections or getting charged-off. While none of this is hugely onerous, it’s a lot of hoops to jump through for an Apple Card.  LOL! @ a lot of hoops!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2020 at 5:56 PM, hegemony said:

is there a luv button?

No luv button per se, but you can use the customer service messaging feature on your iPhone to request a CLI.  They just gave me one without my asking for it -- about a 25% increase.  I've had my Apple Card for about 18 months now.

1 hour ago, Burdell said:

No luv button per se, but you can use the customer service messaging feature on your iPhone to request a CLI.  They just gave me one without my asking for it -- about a 25% increase.  I've had my Apple Card for about 18 months now.

thanks for the info. Have you seen any reports of people getting above 40k?

On 12/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, hegemony said:

thanks for the info. Have you seen any reports of people getting above 40k?

I don't know anyone personally with Apple Card limits that high. I've seen a few people on Reddit posting that their limits are 40k, and one that posted his limit was 82k, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Most of my cards have limits between 20-30K, and my scores are in the low 800s with 100% on-time payment history and utilization under 10% and my initial credit line on the Apple Card was only 8500.  They just bumped it up to 10,500.  My accounts are all relatively young -- I think that's what hurt me on the initial credit limit.

2 hours ago, Burdell said:

I don't know anyone personally with Apple Card limits that high. I've seen a few people on Reddit posting that their limits are 40k, and one that posted his limit was 82k, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Most of my cards have limits between 20-30K, and my scores are in the low 800s with 100% on-time payment history and utilization under 10% and my initial credit line on the Apple Card was only 8500.  They just bumped it up to 10,500.  My accounts are all relatively young -- I think that's what hurt me on the initial credit limit.

thanks. My initial limit is 40k but as I've hardly used the card I'm not eager to test the CLI mechanism,

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 10:38 AM, hegemony said:

thanks. My initial limit is 40k but as I've hardly used the card I'm not eager to test the CLI mechanism,

Same here, initial limit at $40k.  I bought a new watch on the card and use it for recurring subscriptions so it gets monthly activity, but not much.

TAD's finally moving up from a 6S Plus to a 12 Max Pro.

If we had the Apple credit card we could go into the Apple Store and pay with Apple card/Apple Pay for 2% back (but I'd use my US Bank Altitude Reserve for 4.5% back). 

"But," you say, "the Altitude card has an annual fee." 

OK, my next choice for paying in person would be my Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa for 2.625% back.

Alternately, we could buy the phone online and get 2% back with the Apple credit card (I'm assuming that apple.com takes Apple Pay), but I'd rather get 5.25% back in the online shopping category on my Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa.

This Apple credit card serves no purpose.

On 1/3/2021 at 6:43 AM, cv91915 said:

TAD's finally moving up from a 6S Plus to a 12 Max Pro.

If we had the Apple credit card we could go into the Apple Store and pay with Apple card/Apple Pay for 2% back (but I'd use my US Bank Altitude Reserve for 4.5% back). 

"But," you say, "the Altitude card has an annual fee." 

OK, my next choice for paying in person would be my Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa for 2.625% back.

Alternately, we could buy the phone online and get 2% back with the Apple credit card (I'm assuming that apple.com takes Apple Pay), but I'd rather get 5.25% back in the online shopping category on my Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa.

This Apple credit card serves no purpose.

so someone wanted the new fangled air pod pros. I could have gone to the apple store and used the apple card and earned 3% cashback but amazon sells the same air pod pros for $217 instead of the $249 on apple.com and I was able to pay with my ICBC UnionPay card which is currently earning 7.5% cashback at amazon.

• 2 months later...

I just ordered a new iPad for TAD and used my Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa for 5.25% back ($56.38).

Apple Card pays what?  1%, boosted to 2% if you pay in person by banging your Apple Watch against a merchant's payment terminal?  Not an option here, as I ordered it from Apple's web site.

At 1% back, the Apple Card would have gotten me $10.74 (81% less cash back on the same purchase)

At 2% back paid in person with timekeeping jewelry, that would have been $21.48 back (62% less).

At 3% back (shown in some screen images but never explained on the pages I consulted), that would be $32.22 (43% less).

Edited by cv91915