Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

19 hours ago, StantheMan said:

That's well and good but usually there's a station within shouting distance that's at least .10 cents a gallon cheaper than Exxon/Mobil and also accepts Apple Pay.

I have three vehicles I would never put Arco, 7-11, etc. fuel in. ever.

3 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

This, plus I can get 5% on disco (this quarter), 5X points on F5 in certain quarters or 4% on my Costco card all the time, so 3% is not appealing, plus I have to hope that the pump actually works with Apple pay, which is unlikely.

Saturday I redeemed the $10 credit against $25 of spending from Amex, but you had to use the BP app, and it hasn't credited yet, and that was annoying. It didn't want to take my card details (formatted for visa/mc) and I had to get mid-grade and cross my fingers - $26.14.

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

I have three vehicles I would never put Arco, 7-11, etc. fuel in. ever.

That’s certainly a valid point as some brands at lower cost stations use lower quality additives and detergents. At the same time stations such as Valero and Marathon are rated as top tier in those standards.

You can now manage your Apple Card online at Card.Apple.com.

8YHjZjT.png

29 minutes ago, MP80 said:

8YHjZjT.png

is there a luv button?

2 hours ago, MP80 said:

8YHjZjT.png

I just read about this. Only being able to manage your card through an iPhone app I thought was dumb.

39 minutes ago, hegemony said:

Path to Apple Card apparently requires up to four months of “personalized steps” and monthly credit reviews. Depending on how the Path is customized for your circumstances, you may be required to make payments on time, lower your debt, and/or resolve past due balances, with the threat of immediate program termination in the event of a new bankruptcy, foreclosure, repossession of secured property such as a vehicle, or an account either going to collections or getting charged-off. While none of this is hugely onerous, it’s a lot of hoops to jump through for an Apple Card.  LOL! @ a lot of hoops!