hegemony

Apple’s Latest Invention: Yes, It’s a Credit Card

I haven't read anywhere that tax returns were part of the underwriting process, nor bank account balances.  So most of this is a red herring.

...wives were given significantly lower limits on their Apple Cards, despite sharing finances and filing joint tax returns. Wozniak said he and his wife report the same income and have a joint bank account, which should mean that lenders view them as equals.

1 hour ago, PotO said:

No, no, no, no, no, Hege!  You are doing it wrong, dammit!

You are never going to get in the papers for your 15 minutes of fame unless you play the whiny little biatch card.  Remember, the only reason her limits are lower is because you have a richard and she doesn't.  

I forgot to mention her scores are higher too. I'm around 830 she's a perfect 850

31 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I forgot to mention her scores are higher too. I'm around 830 she's a perfect 850

OMG!!!  😲

Hege, you hit upon a goldmine!  You need to sue the bejesus out of every lender which has given you higher limits than your wife.  You'll be a star!  

21 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I haven't read anywhere that tax returns were part of the underwriting process, nor bank account balances.  So most of this is a red herring.

...wives were given significantly lower limits on their Apple Cards, despite sharing finances and filing joint tax returns. Wozniak said he and his wife report the same income and have a joint bank account, which should mean that lenders view them as equals.

I guess one way to know for sure - have CV and TAD apply, and if CV has the lower limit then we have irrefutable circumstantial evidence that GS and Apple discriminate against wives. 

One interesting thing I read which could play a factor in the credit line decision is that in many cases, the spouse is an authorized user of the main account holder's accounts.  This could be the determining factor in one credit line being higher than the other.

35 minutes ago, direct said:

One interesting thing I read which could play a factor in the credit line decision is that in many cases, the spouse is an authorized user of the main account holder's accounts.  This could be the determining factor in one credit line being higher than the other.

That's a very good observation.  There has been talk for a while now that lenders might not take AU accounts seriously.  Also, I know for a fact that after you have so many AU tradelines or even tradelines in general the CRAs tend to not report all your AU accounts.  

There are so many legitimate reasons why one's wife may get a lower SL than the husband.  It's a shame that two tech turds can be such whiny little b!tches and complete idiots on credit issues.  

My wife has higher overall CLs (excluding our AUs) than I do but I have higher income. We are both in the 800's consistently.

5 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

My wife has higher overall CLs (excluding our AUs) than I do but I have higher income. We are both in the 800's consistently.

SSShhhhhh!!!!!  🤫

You are going to ruin Wozniak and Hansson's whiny little b!tch shtick. 

19 hours ago, PotO said:

So basically AUs.  Or joint accounts.  Color me impressed.  Not.  

I'm not impressed either.  I don't know why Steve Wozniak and other mega-rich folks are complaining.  It's not like they need, or their spouses need, a certain Apple credit card limit or they'll end up living on the streets.  Goldman Sachs isn't going to do a manual review on every credit card application.  My Apple card limit is $8,500.  I don't care.  If they only gave me $500, I still wouldn't care.  I have enough credit.  Wozniak has enough too.

4 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I'm not impressed either.  I don't know why Steve Wozniak and other mega-rich folks are complaining.  It's not like they need, or their spouses need, a certain Apple credit card limit or they'll end up living on the streets.  Goldman Sachs isn't going to do a manual review on every credit card application.  My Apple card limit is $8,500.  I don't care.  If they only gave me $500, I still wouldn't care.  I have enough credit.  Wozniak has enough too.

Woz just wanted his name in the papers.  He's been ignored since the get-go and the only way he'd get any his 15 minutes of fame is by coming up with a lame excuse to go all WLB. 

Gee, I should go postal, too, I suppose.  My limit is much lower than many over on myFUKO who have a much lower credit score and much lower income.  Damned GS Bank is discriminating against people who don't have an extra chromosome and they should be investigated!!!

47 minutes ago, hegemony said:

"David, you've owned the Apple Card for three months and this is why you have the IQ and financial acumen of a re ... -- Oooppss, can't use that word -- gerbil:"

1.  You signed up for the card knowing full well what to expect;

2.  You most certainly can make payments on the card with BillPay;

3.  I doubt the Apple / GS goal was to produce a "King of Rewards" card, especially since the tendency now is for issuers to nerf rewards;

4.  Mint;

5.  And the number one sign, David -- You're on Redsh1t, you whiny little biatch.

Hate to say it, but as a group, redtards are looking worse that myFUKO users.  

5 hours ago, hegemony said:

Is Rafalovsky also on Reddit?  Because he's certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed.  Of course the Apple Card is just another credit card, Sherlock.    

Also, Sperbank sounds an awful lot like sperm bank.  

1 hour ago, PotO said:

Is Rafalovsky also on Reddit?  Because he's certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed.  Of course the Apple Card is just another credit card, Sherlock.    

Also, Sperbank sounds an awful lot like sperm bank.  

Haha...  :lol: While this is amusing and fun for entertainment. I commence your delineation of leaving no room; make no allowance (for); without leaving leeway or elbow room; pursue to the brutal end and yet be very strict; disregard others' “face” or feelings and leave no loopholes. Especially, portraying the anecdote of Reddit. I am seeing Hege is laughing out loud...  :D

I just received an email alert that a new account has hit my Trans Union report...Goldman Sachs Bank.  

I went to my Trans Union report.  The alert is there but the account isn't showing yet. Probably just a delay before it shows online.

Edited by direct

19 minutes ago, direct said:

I just received an email alert that a new account has hit my Trans Union report...Goldman Sachs Bank.  

I went to my Trans Union report.  The alert is there but the account isn't showing yet. Probably just a delay before it shows online.

You beat me by a minute. :)

My Trans Union Fico Score dropped 12 points as a result of the Apple Card hitting my account.  It's been a while since I've had a new card show up....Does it still take about 6 months for the score to recover to back where it was before the new account hit?  I remember it was about this long when Paypal sent me a mastercard to replace my Paypal line of credit.  I was pissed about that one because it was just an account change over and they reported it as a new account after telling me it would just show as an account number change with the same aging as the credit line.

Edited by direct