Sign in to follow this  
EvilMan

FNBO & Fico Triad

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with FNBO lowering credit limits due to the Fico Triad reports?  I got an alert that my account got slashed in half from 30k to 15k, and there is apparently no appeals process.

I do not have the letter in hand yet since they did this on the 15th and immediately reported it.  I am tempted to just close the account as I do not use the product as much as I did in the past, and they never provided soft CLI's, always hard for me. So I do not feel like I should have to take a hard to get it back, plus seems unlikely if they love these new triad reports. 

That's odd.  I got a ton of soft pull increases with them.  I went from a $500 limit (at the start of my rebuild) to $30,000 today, and never once did I ask for an increase in my limit.  They just came automatically, every 6 months, like clockwork.

29 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

That's odd.  I got a ton of soft pull increases with them.  I went from a $500 limit (at the start of my rebuild) to $30,000 today, and never once did I ask for an increase in my limit.  They just came automatically, every 6 months, like clockwork.

Same here.

But once I hit $30k, they told me it had to be a hard as they consider it to be very high.

There have been sporadic reports of Amex cutting limits recently as well, especially on little-used accounts.

24 minutes ago, PotO said:

Same here.

But once I hit $30k, they told me it had to be a hard as they consider it to be very high.

Yep.  Been at $30k for about 18 months now.  

I closed this turd a while ago. even the free $100 a year travel reimburshment wasn't enough to entice me to put up with fnbo

I guess my annual auto increase had to come from somewhere...they have been good about a 10% increase on what amounts to the card's anniversary month. 

I never even got an auto-cli from them and the soft pull phone calls never work. So i really do not know what is up with them. 

The only real reason why I have kept the card is the 9.99% fixed APR. It is nice to float stuff with, but with slashing the limit. eh ya lost its value completely to me. 

I just feel they are not worth another hard pull, and then they might try and snatch it back again

9 hours ago, EvilMan said:

I never even got an auto-cli from them and the soft pull phone calls never work. So i really do not know what is up with them. 

The only real reason why I have kept the card is the 9.99% fixed APR. It is nice to float stuff with, but with slashing the limit. eh ya lost its value completely to me. 

I just feel they are not worth another hard pull, and then they might try and snatch it back again

You'd probably never see an auto CLI unless you gave the card a lot of use.