Sign in to follow this  
Burgerwars

"Survey Companies" avoiding Do Not Call

I know the Do Not Call list means crap, and that is why I campaign for people who violate it be sentenced to death.

Lately I've been getting more calls from companies claiming they're doing surveys or research. They are not, and are using that approach to try to sell you something or rip you off. I just got another call from a "research" company. I immediately cut her off, saying I know this isn't research and never to call me again. She then said "OK" in a frightened voice. I'll be called again, but I need to make an angry statement before hanging up.

The spoofed number on my cellphone showed as +850656823. I had to look up where was the 850 country code. It's North Korea. I doubt the call came from there, but at least I can laugh about that.

umm...850 is an area code, not a country code.  You likely got a timeshare salesweasel operating out of the FloriDUH panhandle...

I like the Gran Coupe version of the 850 a lot better than the coupe or convertible.

2020-bmw-8-series-gran-coupe-1.jpg

I had one call me the other day doing a vacation survey. 

Caller: What do you like to do on vacation?

Me: Choke my chicken

click.

Spectrum calls me at least three times a month trying to up sell me. With some of the stuff I've said and asked of them, its a miracle they haven't just cut my service off.