wingwalker

When Do Old Entries Drop Off EWS?

Hello - I gave EWS my usual yearly call to see if anything snuck on there from ID theft, etc. I was shocked to find out that there was an unpaid entry from either 2008 or early 2009 from a bank that I actually opened a new account with about five years ago (I closed it because the fees were so high). I talked to the branch manager, who looked into it and confirmed it ... he said that when I opened Account 2.0, the manager probably overrode that entry and/or need to pay it, but also didn't mention anything to me. 

It's a few hundred dollars - an unexpected amount and not easy for me to conjure right away... but that's at least 10 years ago. Aren't they supposed to be removed after a certain amount of time? Thanks for your help!

Several inquiries about their reporting dates late last year.  I called EWS to confirm and was told they report negative information for five years. 

Note:  I always call two or three times to verify, as I know phone representatives can be inconsistent. Each time I called, they confirmed five years.

With the dates you mentioned, the the entry should be removed.

Edited by tmcgill

15 hours ago, tmcgill said:

Several inquiries about their reporting dates late last year.  I called EWS to confirm and was told they report negative information for five years. 

Note:  I always call two or three times to verify, as I know phone representatives can be inconsistent. Each time I called, they confirmed five years.

With the dates you mentioned, the the entry should be removed.

Thanks! I called yesterday, and it's gone. I guess someone noticed it was stale and zapped it. :)