Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

PenFed 3rd Quarter Offers are Up

They still hate me, even though apparently they use FICO 9 from EQ to make their credit decisions and that is currently at a 766.

Oh well, I'm probably better off anyway.  

5 hours ago, hdporter said:

Only joined PenFed a couple of months ago ... where do pre-approveds show up online?

Anyone?? :)

13 hours ago, hdporter said:

Only joined PenFed a couple of months ago ... where do pre-approveds show up online?

The remorse will set in soon.

RFzeEPz.png

8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

The remorse will set in soon.

RFzeEPz.png

Well, no such "boxed" offers for me.

Checked all 3 CR's and no evidence of soft AR's yet since my opening in March.  Just the initial EQ PR in January that led to my mailed invitation to join.

I'll bide my time; nothing I want to bite on with a cold app just now.

805 fico 9 here and just turbo tax offer. Never had a penfed offer in my entire 8 years of membership and never expect one. 

10 hours ago, EvilMan said:

805 fico 9 here and just turbo tax offer. Never had a penfed offer in my entire 8 years of membership and never expect one. 

Just fwiw, what account relationships do you have with them?  Just svg/chk?  cc?

1 hour ago, hdporter said:

Just fwiw, what account relationships do you have with them?  Just svg/chk?  cc?

All 3, yep.  And the card sits at $50k limit.  

I guess I am not installment loan worthy. 

13 hours ago, EvilMan said:

I have been with Penfed for 13 years and I think I have gotten offers 3 times max, and it wasn't until like 10 years in.  One was a CC which I turned into a CLI for around $6K (my card is at $45.9 now) and then the car/boat etc.  The other 2 times were just the car/boat/etc (no CCs).  I have had the CC since I joined, a car loan (paid off) and savings.

DW has been a member for 10 years and never gotten an offer, although all she has is a savings account.

The July offers marked my 2yr 1mo with PenFed.

Still haven't seen an offer.  Have checking and savings (obv empty), and a $12k CC that I don't bother using anymore.

If complacency wasn't so easy, I would close them out for the sake of housekeeping, but eh.  :effort:

I have the same crap as CV listed, but my CL limit on cards is 2,900 as my Penfed worthless reward card is sitting at 47,100. Rest are almost identical to CV's limits...

Even though I joined with a dirty file 28 months ago I was approved for the old Amex card 20K the same day. After I scrubbed EQ clean was offered 30k Pathfinder. Combined the two and as mentioned is basically useless except for the $100 yearly travel credit. Always get the same offers as OP.