Sign in to follow this  
LohaLonnie

Removing Capital One Auto Lates

Hello – Please remove if in the wrong forum.

I am currently in the process of building a new home next year and going over my reports. I paid off my Capital One Auto Feb 2019 and had missed payments in 2014 and 2015; the account became current 2016-2019. At this time would it be ok to ask for Pay for Delete of these late’s or does it even matter now that the auto loan is paid off?

I have a higher-level question.

Have you been told by a mortgage professional that you need X more points on your mortgage FICOs in order to qualify and/or get a better rate, and that addressing these lates is the most logical way to get there?

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

there is nothing to "pay" for delete.

have you tried a goodwill letter?

Sorry - I did not mean to say pay for delete. I mean GW letter. I saw another post and wrote that. 

2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I have a higher-level question.

Have you been told by a mortgage professional that you need X more points on your mortgage FICOs in order to qualify and/or get a better rate, and that addressing these lates is the most logical way to get there?

Yes, I did speak with a mortgage company. He mainly addressed the collections that I have (that I am currently disputing with the Whychat method) and mentioned the late payments with Capital One Auto that happened in 2014/2015. One these are removed (collections/late's) then my score can increase. 

1 hour ago, LohaLonnie said:

Sorry - I did not mean to say pay for delete. I mean GW letter. I saw another post and wrote that. 

assuming the lates were actually due to you being late, a GW letter is your best bet. what else is keeping you score low? utilization?

51 minutes ago, hegemony said:

assuming the lates were actually due to you being late, a GW letter is your best bet. what else is keeping you score low? utilization?

Credit utilization is not an issue. Current DTI (without collections) not an issue either. Its just 3 collections that both the CA and credit bureaus cannot seem to verify that these account do indeed belong to me. And 1 collection account that was paid a month prior to the OC and still ended on my report and provided proof that it was paid to the OC

It would seem to me if I can remove these 4 accounts that my score would increase but wanted to see if removing the late's may help as well.