Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

Where is the US Bank Luv Button?

When I navigate using the "Manage My Accounts" link, the destination page doesn't have a CLI request option.

Can't find one anywhere.

I actually need a CLI.  I've started using my Altitude Reserve a lot more, and this $15,000 limit isn't going to cut it.

Qr01gIO.jpg

Good question. I just logged in and I don't see it either. But I could swear I saw it a couple months ago.

On my US Bank card, it is right on the main page on the left hand side next to the list of transactions.

You can also choose Customer Service --> Self Service -->Manage my account --> Request CLI.  This is what you screenshot above. You just have to click the Manage My accounts, which should be a link and bring up another page with a list of options, one being a CLI.

Note that on my online account, I can only request a CLI up to an additional $7,500...so if you're looking for more you'll have to call.

Edited by CTSoxFan

34 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

On my US Bank card, it is right on the main page on the left hand side next to the list of transactions.

You can also choose Customer Service --> Self Service -->Manage my account --> Request CLI.  This is what you screenshot above. You just have to click the Manage My accounts, which should be a link and bring up another page with a list of options, one being a CLI.

Note that on my online account, I can only request a CLI up to an additional $7,500...so if you're looking for more you'll have to call.

That's where I was expecting to find it.

CLI request isn't one of the available options.

Also, attention, US Bank: I would have figured out that this was a list of available options even without the header that says, "List of available options:."

Pt0LuME.jpg

2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm on a plane.  :)  

Where's Airfone when you need it?!!

I recall about a decade or so ago when my wife and myself had to massively restrain ourselves to keep from rolling in the aisle with laughter as we sat behind some guy spending $5/min to essentially give his sister a weather report ("well ... it's pretty cloudy up here ...")

It's listed right above add an AU on my screen.  As I mentioned, they only let you ask for an additional $7,500 so if you want more you have to call anyway.

hmph. I'd like to even be able to log in to my US Bank online banking. The log in screen keeps taking me right to their sign up for online banking page. Been like this for 2 weeks at least. Glad I don't use them for anything but paying my cell phone bill. Auto charge, auto pay! 

On topic tho.

I have their Cash+ signature and and REI branded world mastercard. No luv button ever for the Cash+. I've been told by US Bank that card requires you to call into the number on the back of your card to request a CLI.

LUV button for REI card is always there on the list but that takes you to what essentially looks like a new app site which tells you it's a hard pull. 

Credit Limit Increase

Enter Your Information: Step 1 of 3

Please complete this form to request a Credit Limit Increase on your REI Co-op Mastercard. By submitting a credit line increase request via this form, you understand and authorize us to obtain a copy of your consumer report.

Please note:After submitting, you will receive a decision via U.S. Mail within 10 business days. If approved, your new Credit Line will be available at that time.

16 hours ago, kaylee34 said:

hmph. I'd like to even be able to log in to my US Bank online banking. The log in screen keeps taking me right to their sign up for online banking page. Been like this for 2 weeks at least. Glad I don't use them for anything but paying my cell phone bill. Auto charge, auto pay! 

On topic tho.

I have their Cash+ signature and and REI branded world mastercard. No luv button ever for the Cash+. I've been told by US Bank that card requires you to call into the number on the back of your card to request a CLI.

LUV button for REI card is always there on the list but that takes you to what essentially looks like a new app site which tells you it's a hard pull. 

Credit Limit Increase

Enter Your Information: Step 1 of 3

Please complete this form to request a Credit Limit Increase on your REI Co-op Mastercard. By submitting a credit line increase request via this form, you understand and authorize us to obtain a copy of your consumer report.

Please note:After submitting, you will receive a decision via U.S. Mail within 10 business days. If approved, your new Credit Line will be available at that time.

Thank you for the post and the info.

Must be my cards (Cash+ Visa Signature, Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite).

For the cards they issue which allow you to charge over your "limit," US Bank has some CU-caliber policies like not displaying the limit on their web site.  They probably extended their illogical thinking to CLIs.  

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Thank you for the post and the info.

For the cards they issue which allow you to charge over your "limit," US Bank has some CU-caliber policies like not displaying the limit on their web site.  They probably extended their illogical thinking to CLIs.  

I think you're on to it here CV.  I logged into the wife's profile and she has 2 US Bank cards, a Platinum and a Cash +.  On the platinum the CLI option is there, but when I toggle to the cash+ it goes away.  Didn't know the US Bank was reading from the CU memberlicious playbook.

Edited by CTSoxFan

25 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

I think you're on to it here CV.  I logged into the wife's profile and she has 2 US Bank cards, a Platinum and a Cash +.  On the platinum the CLI option is there, but when I toggle to the cash+ it goes away.  Didn't know the US Bank was reading from the CU memberlicious playbook.

Tip of the hat to an astute lurker (you know who you are!) who helped me come to this conclusion via a recent PM exchange.    

On 6/29/2019 at 6:31 AM, cv91915 said:

CU-caliber polices and service indeed! 

FWIW, my Cash+ Visa Signature shows my credit limit on the site. So does my REI MC and that's supposed to be allowed to charge over he limit too. 

This card (Cash +) was much vaunted here at one time.  Of course, these days cards with quarterly 5% categories are close (not quite) to a dime a dozen.

I've found a very happy niche in my wallet for the card:  the $2k quarterly 5% spend cap for 2nd and 3rd quarters has included utilities ... which is pretty right-sized for my quarterly utility bills ... with a modest amount of prepayment (and, surprisingly, none - electric, gas, water - charge a cc surcharge :) ).

At any rate, I figure these some accumulated account history here that I'm hoping will share CLI experience on the card (assuming that it didn't quickly go by the wayside in favor of other options). 

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

This card (Cash +) was much vaunted here at one time.  Of course, these days cards with quarterly 5% categories are close (not quite) to a dime a dozen.

I've found a very happy niche in my wallet for the card:  the $2k quarterly 5% spend cap for 2nd and 3rd quarters has included utilities ... which is pretty right-sized for my quarterly utility bills ... with a modest amount of prepayment (and, surprisingly, none - electric, gas, water - charge a cc surcharge :) ).

At any rate, I figure these some accumulated account history here that I'm hoping will share CLI experience on the card (assuming that it didn't quickly go by the wayside in favor of other options). 

My wife still has this card and I never actually look to see if I can make use of it.  Most of the 5% categories I have covered in other more useful cards, don't make economic sense (my gas/electric don't take CC payments and my cable/internet/cell is on my Ink card) or I don't spend enough on a regular basis/have enough foresight into upcoming spend to warrant selecting that category (say furniture stores).

When this card came out it was super popular because it was better in 2 specific ways.  One was that bill pay was a 5% category which covered a ton of items, and 2 there was no quarterly cap.  I don't recall the exact method, but between the 2 it was a huge M$ opportunity and people were hitting it for big dollars (I read some doing $50-$60K/month).  It was changed about a year after it launched.

Really an exciting card.  5% back on streaming is new.  $0.55/month back on Netflix.

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Really an exciting card.  5% back on streaming is new.  $0.55/month back on Netflix.

Surely you do Hulu w/ limited commercials too?

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

Surely you do Hulu w/ limited commercials too?

All we have is Netflix and Amazon Prime for video.  I don't watch either one.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:04 AM, cv91915 said:

... Can't find one anywhere...

Got the same problem

Maybe late but, somebody might find it useful

Found this from their site https://benefits.usbank.com/personal/manage-my-account/self-service/credit-limits.html

Important Facts:
  • Cardmembers who have a Visa Signature®, World MasterCard® or a FlexPerks® Travel Rewards American Express® Card do not have a traditional credit limit and will need to call Cardmember Service to increase their Revolving Line of Credit.

There is no CLI option online for me as well. I requested a CLI from $10K -$20K using the Altitude Rewards customer service and was declined because my account was less than a year old (opened 10/18).  I asked the rep if it would be a hard pull and was told yes but I just got my three reports and scores from Experian and there are no new inquiries.  I called on 6/26 and got the decline letter 2 weeks later.   Perhaps it was an internal auto decline due to being less than a year so no soft or hard pull.           

Edited by Allkindabroke