xdfgf

Upcoming Amex Green revamp

8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I used the $100 Away credit from TAD's new Greenie (plus $3.32 OOP) for a garment bag insert for a carry-on bag and a luggage tag with a Tile locator.  That specific luggage tag appears to be OOS at the moment.

1ZevY8s.png

mu6V1PZ.png

Your pink-flowered jacket will look soooooo cute in there.  🥰

Edited by PotO

12 hours ago, cv91915 said:

TAD just left for Turkey (MUD-ORD-MUC-ESB and ESB-MUC-IAD-MUD).  

Over the weekend I put the LoungeBuddy app on his phone and loaded our two Greenies as payment methods.  

Both MUC layovers are ~3 hours, and while the Lufthansa Business Lounge is the only network lounge at MUC, it's perfect because, well, he'll be on Lufthansa. 

Pricing for a single Lufthansa Business Lounge visit appears to be dynamic, but I'm expecting somewhere around $60-70 per visit, which will easily be covered in both directions by the annual $100 LoungeBuddy credit on each of our two Greenies.

Capacity controls between 2 and 3 pm local time are preventing him from using the lounge (LoungeBuddy won't sell him a pass). 

This one-hour window is right in the middle of his layover, so he's sauntering to his departure terminal/gate now.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:58 AM, cv91915 said:

I used the $100 Away credit from TAD's new Greenie (plus $3.32 OOP) for a garment bag insert for a carry-on bag and a luggage tag with a Tile locator.  That specific luggage tag appears to be OOS at the moment.

1ZevY8s.png

mu6V1PZ.png

As you can see, I ordered these items on 12/3.

It looks like the garment bag will finally be delivered today, and the luggage tag should arrive tomorrow.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:55 PM, cv91915 said:

TAD just left for Turkey (MUD-ORD-MUC-ESB and ESB-MUC-IAD-MUD).  

Over the weekend I put the LoungeBuddy app on his phone and loaded our two Greenies as payment methods.  

Both MUC layovers are ~3 hours, and while the Lufthansa Business Lounge is the only network lounge at MUC, it's perfect because, well, he'll be on Lufthansa. 

Pricing for a single Lufthansa Business Lounge visit appears to be dynamic, but I'm expecting somewhere around $60-70 per visit, which will easily be covered in both directions by the annual $100 LoungeBuddy credit on each of our two Greenies.

On 12/10/2019 at 4:47 AM, cv91915 said:

Capacity controls between 2 and 3 pm local time are preventing him from using the lounge (LoungeBuddy won't sell him a pass). 

This one-hour window is right in the middle of his layover, so he's sauntering to his departure terminal/gate now.

And now, on the way back this morning, he charged his lounge visit to the wrong Amex.

PHMAE0U.png

On 6/24/2019 at 8:27 AM, cv91915 said:

My Greenie is D*1995 or it would have been closed years ago.

Even with Amex offers I can barely recoup the cost of the AF ($95 back from Amex offers in 2018; YTD 2019: $0).

In its current form it's a pretty useless card, so if they bump the AF they need to add a lot of value to compensate.

This has been me also. I pay the fee for my green as it's my 20 year old card which is the longest card I have. It's the cost of doing credit business for me. It would be nice to get some kind of real perk out of it.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:55 AM, cv91915 said:

And now, on the way back this morning, he charged his lounge visit to the wrong Amex.

PHMAE0U.png

TAD called me from the airport in Boston this afternoon.  I missed some of the details, but he was in the middle of a 6-7 hour stint there.

I started to suggest that he attempt another LoungeBuddy experience, but before I could say, "Pick the right Amex this time," he shouted something about how much he hates LoungeBuddy (over the $66 incident that was 100% his fault).

On 12/9/2019 at 8:58 AM, cv91915 said:

1ZevY8s.png

mu6V1PZ.png

This garment bag made its maiden voyage last week.

I packed three pairs of pants and three collared shirts in this bag, which is barely wide enough to fit the hangers.

The clothes looked fine when I arrived at my hotel, but they were only in my luggage long enough to drive from San Diego to Orange County.  

The AF on my Greenie just posted.

I think I'll pull the plug if I can't get a retention bonus, even though this card is D*1995.

I still have 3-4 other open D*1995 Amices, 2-3 closed D*1995 Amices, and I'm now an AU on one of my mother's Chase cards that was opened in 1992.

I got back $95 in Amex Offers on this card in 2019, but that's a bit of a red herring since I generally get the same offers on multiple cards.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:38 AM, cv91915 said:

The AF on my Greenie just posted.

I think I'll pull the plug if I can't get a retention bonus, even though this card is D*1995.

I still have 3-4 other open D*1995 Amices, 2-3 closed D*1995 Amices, and I'm now an AU on one of my mother's Chase cards that was opened in 1992.

I got back $95 in Amex Offers on this card in 2019, but that's a bit of a red herring since I generally get the same offers on multiple cards.

Today was the last day to cancel before getting stuck with one month of prorated AF.

Retention rep had two offers.  Both require $1,000 in spending in 3 months.

• 7,500 MRs
  • $50 statement credit

I took the MRs, and I'll blow through the spending with a hotel stay in Orange County next week.