xdfgf

Upcoming Amex Green revamp

3 hours ago, xdfgf said:

tNrfyMi.jpg

No Prime is disappointing. That was the perk that would have made it make sense for me. 

Amex has posted to their Instagram Stories section "Something exciting is head this way!" with an image of a woman getting of a metro style train, and then a few more millenials getting out of Tuktuks, cabs, and ubers. I'd say that 3x transit is the tease for this one. 

4 hours ago, xdfgf said:

Amex has posted to their Instagram Stories section "Something exciting is head this way!" with an image of a woman getting of a metro style train, and then a few more millenials getting out of Tuktuks, cabs, and ubers. I'd say that 3x transit is the tease for this one. 

So exciting!  I'm applying!!!!

Not.  Never.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:24 PM, DPB said:

No Prime is disappointing. That was the perk that would have made it make sense for me. 

This may push me over the line to sign up for CLEAR.

It's here.

NEW - 3X POINTS ON TRAVEL INCLUDING TRANSIT
3X Membership Rewards® points on travel including flights, hotels, transit, taxis, and ridesharing services.‡

NEW - 3X POINTS ON GLOBAL RESTAURANTS
Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.‡

NEW - $100 CLEAR CREDIT
With CLEAR®, your eyes and fingertips can help you get through security faster at select airports and stadiums nationwide. Receive up to $100 per calendar year in statement credits, when you pay for your CLEAR membership with the American Express® Green Card.‡

NEW - $100 LOUNGEBUDDY CREDIT
Whether your goal is to relax, be productive, or just get away from it all, lounge access with LoungeBuddy can help you do it. Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy and receive up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year.‡

PAYMENT AND PURCHASE FLEXIBILITY
Manage your account your way with Green from Amex. You can pay in full or carry a balance with interest on eligible charges, up to your Pay Over Time limit. You have the option to spend beyond your limit while still earning rewards, unlocking more purchase power when you need it. The amount you spend beyond your limit is included in your minimum due each month.‡

New Card Member Offer
New Launch Offer
Get Away with the New Green from Amex

Receive up to $100 in statement credits for purchases made directly with Away using your new American Express® Green Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer available to new Card Members who apply by January 15th, 2020.†

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

I don’t travel that much. And I have Global Entry and Pre Check, which are plenty for my needs (and were free after an AmEx Biz Platinum credit). So this card would end up costing me more than I could extract in benefits. 

If I didn't have Gold and Platinum already, this would be a pretty sweet start to AmEx. The 3x on hotels is a nice grab, but I book mostly through travel.amex now so I'm pulling 5x on the platinum. 

It's not a bad refresh, but it's not what it could've been

Also there is a 45k point offer on 2k spend via incognito

Edited by xdfgf

38 minutes ago, xdfgf said:

It's here.

Well, my view is that with the green I'd be getting FITA.

I'd end up with CLEAR for $9 per year after Delta pricing.  But then I only value CLEAR at around $0.10 tops.  All it does is get me through the initial PreCheck ID screening a few minutes earlier without showing ID.  What Neanderthal doesn't carry ID on them anyhow?  WTF finds value in paying $179 per year just so you don't have to show ID and save 5 minutes on every trip?

Loungebuddy blows.  At least in Seattle and Vegas, the few lounges offered are inconvenient, crowded and crappy.  Besides, I already get Delta lounges for free.  

So basically I'd be paying $150 for 3 x points on restaurants and travel.  That sucks.  I get that for free on more than one other card.  

The only thing worse than being caught with a greenie in my hand would be wearing one of CV's Richard-Simmons-reject pink-flowered coats. 

After clearing out the cookie jar, I'm seeing an offer for 45k MR for $2k spend.

I was hoping for fuel. But oh well.

The travel categories are broad though.

Interviewer: mec, how would you describe the new Amex Green Card refresh in one word?

mec: Good.

Interviewer: I see. And how would you describe it in two words?

mec: Not Good.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:58 AM, cv91915 said:

The internet is littered with working $30-off promo codes for CLEAR.

I have 2+ hours to kill at DFW today, so I used a coupon code/paid while en route from SAN, and then took the train in between flights to finish my enrollment at Terminal E (which took < 5 minutes).

I then used the CLEAR lane to get back through security so I could take the train to my departure terminal. 

Neither of my two main airports has CLEAR, but for $179-$30-$100=$49 for the first year, there was very little downside. 

I keep meticulous records of how much (or little) I use things like this, so it'll be easy to decide if it's worth renewing.  I changed my auto-renew setting to NO just in case.

xYNKMch.jpg

37 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I have clear at it i rarely saves me time versus just jumping in the pre-czech line

Would have been nice to have at MSP and IAD within the past several weeks.  

A CLEAR agent at IAD told me they were opening up in San Diego in a couple of months, but so far he's the only source I've located who shares that belief.

On 10/24/2019 at 8:58 AM, cv91915 said:

On 10/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, cv91915 said:

The internet is littered with working $30-off promo codes for CLEAR.

I have 2+ hours to kill at DFW today, so I used a coupon code/paid while en route from SAN, and then took the train in between flights to finish my enrollment at Terminal E (which took < 5 minutes).

I then used the CLEAR lane to get back through security so I could take the train to my departure terminal. 

Neither of my two main airports has CLEAR, but for $179-$30-$100=$49 for the first year, there was very little downside. 

I keep meticulous records of how much (or little) I use things like this, so it'll be easy to decide if it's worth renewing.  I changed my auto-renew setting to NO just in case.

xYNKMch.jpg

HYkerMH.png

24 minutes ago, hegemony said:

Optio

Hmmm ... if someone is forking over a $1,500 AF, I'd say the name of the card could be slightly changed.  Cancel the last three letters. ;)

15 minutes ago, PotO said:

Hmmm ... if someone is forking over a $1,500 AF, I'd say the name of the card could be slightly changed.  Cancel the last three letters. ;)

Optio sounds like a brand of sandpaper-based homeopathic enemas

21 minutes ago, hegemony said:

Op is a word we used way back in high school and university to refer to re ... -- Oooppssss, can't use that word.  

On 9/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, DPB said:

TAD's card arrived while I was out of town.

Now that I'm holding it, I'm confident that this is the sh1tt1est plastic card in my entire collection.  

I don't think you could find a hotel room key that's this flimsy.  

I used the $100 Away credit from TAD's new Greenie (plus $3.32 OOP) for a garment bag insert for a carry-on bag and a luggage tag with a Tile locator.  That specific luggage tag appears to be OOS at the moment.

1ZevY8s.png

mu6V1PZ.png

On 11/7/2019 at 8:41 PM, hegemony said:

Just as an aside:  Scott Paper markets a 1-ply that can typically found in some institutional restrooms.  I've wanted to write them to suggest they market it under the trade name, "Rasp".

TAD just left for Turkey (MUD-ORD-MUC-ESB and ESB-MUC-IAD-MUD).  

Over the weekend I put the LoungeBuddy app on his phone and loaded our two Greenies as payment methods.  

Both MUC layovers are ~3 hours, and while the Lufthansa Business Lounge is the only network lounge at MUC, it's perfect because, well, he'll be on Lufthansa. 

Pricing for a single Lufthansa Business Lounge visit appears to be dynamic, but I'm expecting somewhere around $60-70 per visit, which will easily be covered in both directions by the annual $100 LoungeBuddy credit on each of our two Greenies.

Edited by cv91915