Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

1. althes

• Similar Content

• By StarkRaven$
      My Amex Everyday Card Preferred sign up bonus pts were added to my card yesterday. The sign up bonus for at least $1K spend within three months is 15K additional points. It's on their website and I confirmed it with Amex over the phone. In the fine print bonus pts will not increase or apply to 50% more pts if you make 30 or more purchases within a statement period. They added 25K pts instead! I'll gladly take the extra 10K pts. Just hope they don't correct later.  Has that ever happened to anyone before?

DESCRIPTIO     AEDP $2k Spd/25k MR Pts These points have been added because of an offer or qualifying purchases made.
    • By StarkRaven$
      I booked a RT flight from San Diego to Hayden, CO on the Alaska Air website a month ago for Feb travel. I did not use any points. Total cost was $337.30. Today the same flight from the Alaska Air website is $468.

On the Amex Travel booking site the same Alaska flight is $720. I realize I can earn more reward points with Amex going through their travel site but the cost is too expensive.

I only travel twice a year and it's usually to visit my brother in Steamboat Springs.

Am I missing something here? Could someone explain or direct me to post on CB.

• By policebox
      I received this offer for my Fidelity Rewards Visa Card to earn 2,000 bonus points ($20).

Either I'm reading this incorrectly, or this seems like an insanely terrible offer.

Here is how I'm interpreting the deal:
      Must do spending between November 1 and December 31, 2019 Must spend $2,100 before you start earning bonus points You can earn up to 2,000 Bonus Points (redemptions are 100 points = $1, so $20 maximum cash back) You earn 20% Bonus Points per dollar spent (0.4 Bonus Points per $1) At this rate, you'd need to spend $7,100 ($2,100 + $5,000) to get the maximum bonus of 2,000 points ($5,000 * 0.4 points/$1 = 2,000 points)  
      Tell me I'm crazy and how.

Edit: I think I found my math error. Looks like after you spend $2,100, if you spend an additional $5,000 you'd get $20 cash back. Still, hardly worth stressing over.
    • By PotO
      https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-cbp-agents-seize-ship-owned-by-jpmorgan-chase-after-1-3-billion-20-tons-of-cocaine-found-on-board

JPMorgan Chase Bank needs to recoup the $1.3 billion lost when their cocaine smuggling operation got busted by Customs & Border Protection and their 20 tons of cocaine got confiscated.  Since the cargo vessel, the MSC Gayane, owned by Chase, has been seized by CBP and federal prosecutors plan on keeping it, add an additional approximately $100 million to the tally.  

Jamie Dimon is sure to ask for a pay raise, too, when the retail value of coke goes up.  

Adios rewards.  
    • By StarkRaven$
      Bear with me for this post is about a boring small unexpected expense probably well below a lot of viewers' pay grade.  Today my Homelite electric weed wacker died. So I bought a new one on my AMEX card and applied a portion of my earned points to cover the cost. Okay, so what you may think. Well in my world, being on a strick budget with modest family income, this was the first time in my life that I ever applied reward points to a purchase. Also I am inching towards complete prior year IRA contributions. Just makes me feel in control knowing I've micro-managed our finances and handled the earned pts from my rewards card. My backyard thanks me too after all this overgrowth from the rains. Thanks for reading.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MrsOKW
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines