Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Nordstrom (Nordy) card CLD - TD Bank

Just logged into my Nordy's card, which admittedly we rarely use anymore as we have significantly curtailed spending in preparation for our new home purchase, and was greeted with a 50% CLD from $20K to $10K.  Not totally shocked seeing that even when we were spending more there, we never utilized more than 10% of the overall line and lenders have been more aggressively pulling back on unutilized CLs lately.

This doesn't really impact my overall utilization and I really don't care enough to waste time trying to fight to get it back.  I will see what the AA letter says if/when I get one, but nothing in my profile has changed recently to warrant a CLD.

Might want to check your card and see if you were victimized as well. 

Store card or the Visa? 

That being said, store card remains untouched, but I usually find something at Rack at least once every six months or so...

It was the Visa card.  I noticed in the USPS email this morning I have a letter from them, so I will update later what the AA reasoning was.  Anything other than lack of us would be total BS.

52 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

I sometimes wonder if I would shop at Nordstrom if I actually wore pants.

Don't tell us you are a devotee of the Charlie Harper school of fashion choice...

so I got the AA letter in the mail:

"We've noticed over the last 12 months the amount of spending on the CC has been much lower than the CL, so to better align with your usage this CL has been lowered to $10K" 

Whatever...

both received snail main letter today "we will slash your limit to match your spending unless you call 888-233-4704 by 10/7 and let us know you want to keep your current limit"

I think they are looking for zombie accounts.

12 hours ago, hegemony said:

both received snail main letter today "we will slash your limit to match your spending unless you call 888-233-4704 by 10/7 and let us know you want to keep your current limit"

I think they are looking for zombie accounts.

Not surprised.  We barely shop there any more as it is.  Clothes shopping is one of the few things that I would prefer to do in store vs. online.  Problem is we were spoiled by the really nice Nordstrom stores in SoCal vs. the one here in TX (much smaller and worse selection) so we almost never go.

Funny thing is I have had a negative points balance of almost 10K for at least 2 years now (Bought stuff, received points/notes, used notes, returned originally purchased items) and they have never tried to collect for the value.  I wonder if they would were I to close the card... 

Edited by CTSoxFan

No CLD likely on our store card anytime soon.  I likely noted that I bumped the Nordies store card CL from $15k to $22k not too long after Bev started her new job late last year.  Of course, then they go WFH in March (just notified that her employer is keeping the workplace closed until Dec 2022!).

So, she has a lot of pretty tops and jackets for the days on which she wants to play "dress up" for her Zoom calls ...

Saddest news is that Nordies has closed their Trunk Club concierge shopping salons.  I related that our session at Boston was the ultimate shopping experience, with a stylist who expertly acquainted herself with Bev's tastes in advance of our visit and presented an incredibly well-suited wardrobe selection at the Trunk Club location for her perusal and fitting.

Of course, you can still set up an appointment with a personal shopper in-store; a shadow of the experience, sans the leather furniture and free-flowing wine/cocktails :)

They got about $3K from me and without so much as a notice to call...maybe I should have used it in the past year and a half...

I don't know if it is true, but it is being reported that many creditors are slashing credit lines to tighten their holdings during the pandemic to mitigate potential losses. There is purportedly a spike in bankruptcies with some fears there may be a large wave like occurred shortly after the Great Recession. 

1 hour ago, CreditCurious20 said:

I don't know if it is true, but it is being reported that many creditors are slashing credit lines to tighten their holdings during the pandemic to mitigate potential losses. There is purportedly a spike in bankruptcies with some fears there may be a large wave like occurred shortly after the Great Recession. 

IDK, I have cards with over 20 issuers and this is the first during the pandemic and in fact the same type of letter was sent a couple years ago as I have not used the card much. Of course I don't have any subprime issuers like crap1 and discovery.

Edited by hegemony