Sign in to follow this  
KingHeart

Any Ford deals on their Mustangs

Looking to lease a mustang (I know their bad for leasing) Are there any cash back deals or $0 for 72 months feds for my area IL? Ok credit just purchased a vehicle a year ago. Will Ford approve me? 

Going to Ford's website they have 0% for 72 months and $1,000 cash.  Don't know if it is region specific.

Do you know what your auto enhanced FICO scores are?  If you aren't over 680 or 700 you are likely going to get killed on the leasing rate and may not qualify for 0%.  

Head over to Edmunds' forums on leasing and prices paid for Mustangs.  Lots of good info there.  Can also check out LeaseHackr for info on leasing.

If you fill out Marv's credit app he can tell you if you are likely to be approved.

please don't finance over 36 months or lease for more than 39 months (or at all IMHO )

49 minutes ago, hegemony said:

please don't finance over 36 months or lease for more than 39 months (or at all IMHO )

Unless the financing is at 0%, then extending the term is beneficial, but I would max it at 72 months or the vehicle warranty period, whichever is shorter.  

32 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

Unless the financing is at 0%, then extending the term is beneficial, but I would max it at 72 months or the vehicle warranty period, whichever is shorter.  

I disagree (we don't have to agree ) on the 0% being a determining factor. even at 0% paying on one of the most highly depreciating make/models for 5 or 6 years is not part of a long term financial success plan. IMHO leasing for most people is a terrible financial move.

17 hours ago, hegemony said:

I disagree (we don't have to agree ) on the 0% being a determining factor. even at 0% paying on one of the most highly depreciating make/models for 5 or 6 years is not part of a long term financial success plan. IMHO leasing for most people is a terrible financial move.

We will definitely have to agree to disagree here 👍

17 hours ago, hegemony said:

Buying a highly depreciating vehicle isn't part of a long term financial success plan period. If your going to do it anyway and can save/invest while you make the payments a drawn out 0% offer is the way to go.

35 minutes ago, oldblue said:

Buying a highly depreciating vehicle isn't part of a long term financial success plan period. If your going to do it anyway and can save/invest while you make the payments a drawn out 0% offer is the way to go.

the 0% encourages people to borrow more than they can afford and sets them up to have negative equity in 3 years when the "old" car "needs" to be replaced because I "want" something new

Car payments should be minimized as much as possible until you can treat vehicles like any other discretionary expense, like a vacation, new furniture, or rhinoplasty. 

For the average household, financing a never-ending series of unnecessarily-expensive vehicles is the biggest self-imposed impediment to amassing wealth.

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

the 0% encourages people to borrow more than they can afford and sets them up to have negative equity in 3 years when the "old" car "needs" to be replaced because I "want" something new

All true, yet irrelevant.  You shouldn't bypass a good decision today on the chance you may make a future bad decision down the road.  

Although I do not know, I'd be willing to bet if the consumer elected the 0% they would then forego the current $3,000.00 cash back offer.

1 hour ago, KingHeart said:

Marv 0% from Ford and $3000 from dealer “. I was told u can do both right?

I don't see a $3,000 offer on either my local Ford site or the link Marv provided.  The offer I can see, as I stated above 0% and $1,000 or $2,000.  Your best bet is to go to the Ford website and put in your zip code to see exactly what the offer is in your area, as with a lot of manufacturers incentives are regionalized.  Also as I stated above you have to be able to qualify for the offer.

I just reopened the link.  3000.00 is still there. But the url picks up my zip code.  No. You will not get 3000.00 and 0%.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:03 PM, KingHeart said:

Looking to lease a mustang (I know their bad for leasing) Are there any cash back deals or $0 for 72 months feds for my area IL? Ok credit just purchased a vehicle a year ago. Will Ford approve me? 

Are you getting rid of the current vehicle you have?  Or adding one to the stable?  That may be a part key.  Also, define "OK credit" and I might could have a better idea for you.  As to the other, looking at an IL ZIP code (60106), there is no 0% offer available in that region; also ran that against the internal system and confirmed.  The "Special Rate" offering does lose the $1500 in rebates.  Presumably if you find a unit on the lot for a long time at a dealer who's willing to take a heavy loss on it, you could possibly get a deal with the special rate, but even with top-tiered credit, special rate in your region is 2.9% for 60 months, or 4.9% for 72.  Putting in the "App for Marv" would probably help narrow things a bit!

Update: Am I getting a good deal.

Purchase agreement:

Retail Price: $31380

Sales Price: $29229

Savings: $2151.00

Government fees: $211

Proc/Doc Fees: $221

Total Taxes: $2,442.32 (What’s this for?)

Total Sales Price: $32,086.23

Rebate: $1,500

Cash Price: $30,586.23

2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost. Car looks bad ass in person. It’s a 4 cylinder and the 2020’s are due in soon. How should I proceed? I’m not spending $30k on a 4 cylinder. How low can I work these numbers? 

30 minutes ago, KingHeart said:

Purchase agreement:

2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost. Car looks bad ass in person. It’s a 4 cylinder and the 2020’s are due in soon. How should I proceed? I’m not spending $30k on a 4 cylinder. How low can I work these numbers? 

price it out with the exact options here: https://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2019/options/?legacy=true

also, is there an incentive in your zip? in mine it is $1500 on that car

Go to CarGurus and search for new examples.  Search a broad geographic are and then sort by "Oldest Listings First."

I see a couple of brand-new 2017 GTs that have been sitting on the lot for over 700 days.

If you really want to hack one, find a volume dealer* with aged inventory, they'll be ready to deal. 

* How do you find one of these?  If you have 10 Ford dealers with 100 miles, and 9 of them have 6-10 Mustangs each in stock and one has 40, there's your answer.

9 hours ago, KingHeart said:

Purchase agreement:

As I said in my first post, go to the Edmunds site for prices paid & buying experiences (as well as the leasing one if you are going that route).  That plus car gurus and the regular Edmunds site (to see invoice pricing) will give you a good idea where you stand.  On a 2019 at this point in the year, that looks like a S#!t deal, but I am not close enough to Mustang pricing to give a definitive answer.  The fact that you don't know if you're getting a good deal means you are in no position to be buying a car, unless you like being the uneducated rube who gets raked over the coals by the dealership.

Also, when you buy a car (like anything else) if your state has sales tax, you need to pay it.  The total taxes is the sales tax. 

Or do you have the VIN/link?  I know our prices are a lot lower in general in the DC area with the clusterducking of dealerships in this area, but with Ford's a la carte option methods, it's hard to say whether that's a good deal or not.

Guesstimating in the price range you're looking at either a manual 101A with an accent package and active valve exhaust, or possibly a 101A automatic with 18" wheels...but too tricksy to tell.  How long has it been sitting on the dealer's lot?  Are you any of the qualifying special rebates (Military, first responder, college student or recent grad)?  Do you have direct offers from Ford in certificates that add on to savings?  Looks like a decent deal on both sides, as frankly, dealership will make a couple grand, you'll have the car you 'want' if that's the case.  

In my area:

MSRP: 31,380

Disc:    2,100

Doc:       299

Tax:     1,774.74

Tags:     300

---------------

Total: 31,653.74

Rebate:  2000  (1500 + 500 select inventory)

Unpaid: 29,653.74

A 100A manual would start your MSRP at about 27100.  So that might be more the range you're looking for if it has to be a new Mustang?  Alternately, look for a good used car.  Buying a new vehicle's the fastest way to set fire to money that could be saved or invested.