cashnocredit

Coscto CC, application fail

18 minutes ago, credit_help said:

Are the so bad?

my buddy drove off and three lug nuts flew off... when he went back to DT they claimed the lugs were never there.

tyres are not something I go with the lowest bidder.

my buddy drove off and three lug nuts flew off... when he went back to DT they claimed the lugs were never there.

tyres are not something I go with the lowest bidder.

Wow. Hopefully he was not doing 70+ on freeway when they flew off. :-(

10 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

It looks like they changed the wording. It used to be 4% cash back on gas the first  year, and 1% thereafter, which made the card pretty meh for me. Now, however, it says 4% on the first $7000 per year, and 1% thereafter. If that's the case, I may need to pull the trigger. I buy a lot at Costco. Clothes, electronics, food, etc. Buying tires there just once more than pays for the membership.

My local Costco is within 2 miles of my house, so it is convenient for me to buy my gasoline there most of the time. I think I probably save enough money on the gasoline purchases alone each year to pay for my membership. I keep comparing the Costco price against that of the nearby service stations, and it's always at least 5 cents per gallon cheaper, sometimes as much as 10 cents per gallon.

10 hours ago, credit_help said:

Thanks Dr. Frost. Some prefer Discount Tire for free tire rotations. I did not have to buy new tires in a long time. If I have to, it will be set of four due to AWD. I will compare Direct Tire, Tire Rack, and Costco.

What I like about the free tyre rotations at Costco is that I drop the car off for the rotation and then go inside, do my shopping, maybe eat lunch at the food court, and when I leave the warehouse the car is ready.

What I like about the free tyre rotations at Costco is that I drop the car off for the rotation and then go inside, do my shopping, maybe eat lunch at the food court, and when I leave the warehouse the car is ready.

I often eat a slice of pizza or hot dog after checking out. Never used their auto service for anything so far. I go to a Costco location at least once a month.

It looks like they changed the wording. It used to be 4% cash back on gas the first  year, and 1% thereafter, which made the card pretty meh for me. Now, however, it says 4% on the first $7000 per year, and 1% thereafter. If that's the case, I may need to pull the trigger. I buy a lot at Costco. Clothes, electronics, food, etc. Buying tires there just once more than pays for the membership.

AFAIK, it has been the same 4% on gas purchases every year.

Still no hard pulls so I caved and went to the email status link. Approved, 12k. Curious as to whether they soft pulled or just used the data they already had from ARs on my MC.

Sort of a yawner but adequate. Especially since I don't work (retired). And don't think I've ever spent more than 5K  in a month at Costco. Usually more like 1k to 2k. But sometimes I splurge. So it's an extra 1%. The negative is that I now have 2 Citi cards. Otherwise I have only one card at each issuer.

On the positive side, it fills out my cards. Visa was the only type I didn't have zero foreign exchange on. And I do spend enough at Costco to make it useful. My Chase Freedom is about to see a drop.

Probably all I can expect since I don't use my Citi AAEMC, or my Citi banking, that much and always PIF. Don't think I've put more than 1K on that puppy in any given month and typically 0 to 200. 

12 hours ago, Burdell said:

My local Costco is within 2 miles of my house, so it is convenient for me to buy my gasoline there most of the time. I think I probably save enough money on the gasoline purchases alone each year to pay for my membership. I keep comparing the Costco price against that of the nearby service stations, and it's always at least 5 cents per gallon cheaper, sometimes as much as 10 cents per gallon.

When I lived in CA, the local Costco* always had a line of cars at least 5 deep at every pump.  Even at $0.10/gal, there is no way in hell that I am waiting for 20 minutes to save at most $1.50.  It amazes me that people put so little value on their time.

*understand that not all Costco's have similarly long lines

48 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

When I lived in CA, the local Costco* always had a line of cars at least 5 deep at every pump.  Even at $0.10/gal, there is no way in hell that I am waiting for 20 minutes to save at most $1.50.  It amazes me that people put so little value on their time.

*understand that not all Costco's have similarly long lines

Gas at the local Costco is $2.049 currently. Next cheapest is $2.599. Costco gas lines move quickly so it doesn't take any time at all. It also helps that all my cars have the fuel door on the passenger side, so my lines are usually shorter. 😁

Update: Citi did do an EX pull, apparently last Monday after the weekend. My guess is they had to access the Costco database to verify membership on a weekday and did so before pulling credit. Funny it didn't show up on MF when I checked after clicking on their update link showing the approval. Perhaps MF's update isn't real time but batched at the end of the day.

Good timing though. Monday's the day we do our bi-weekly Costco run so broke in the card.

But they didn't have the veggies we were looking for. No string beans, asparagus, or brussel sprouts. Bummer. Did have bear battered cod which they are usually out of. 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:46 PM, cashnocredit said:

Update: Citi did do an EX pull, apparently last Monday after the weekend. My guess is they had to access the Costco database to verify membership on a weekday and did so before pulling credit. Funny it didn't show up on MF when I checked after clicking on their update link showing the approval. Perhaps MF's update isn't real time but batched at the end of the day.

Good timing though. Monday's the day we do our bi-weekly Costco run so broke in the card.

But they didn't have the veggies we were looking for. No string beans, asparagus, or brussel sprouts. Bummer. Did have bear battered cod which they are usually out of. 

What type of bear battering is it?  Brown, Polar, Marv?

6 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

What type of bear battering is it?  Brown, Polar, Marv?

That cod piece sure takes a beating. B)

Trident Beer Battered Cod. BBC reminds me of Fish'n Chips.

1 hour ago, cashnocredit said:

That cod piece sure takes a beating. B)

Trident Beer Battered Cod. BBC reminds me of Fish'n Chips.

I am sure that is preferable to bare battering, which I would reckon has no flavor at all...

I'm still stuck on the bear battered cod.  Guess they got the idea from watching baby seals being clubbed ...